The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A little perspective

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Sigh... okay, the point is you don't need a grand inheritance from some distant uncle as start-up capital for your first business. You can make do with what you have. YOUR INPUT will ultimately make the difference. Okay seriously now, bye.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What If you don't know where to begin?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
What If you don't know where to begin?
Reading about business, studying other accomplished entrepreneurs, a bit of abstract inspiration, and it definitely wouldn't hurt to check out this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
What if you read so much you get paralyzed because you learn so many things of what not to do?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
What if you read so much you get paralyzed because you learn so many things of what not to do?

You mean like how the vast majority of the population views things like investing and starting a business? They should unlearn everything, and find their own formula.

It's interesting that you bring this up, because I myself read so many conflicting points of view about what you should and shouldn't do. Everything from you should wake up early, to you should stop buying starbucks, or you should work somewhere for the experience etc. etc. etc.

My approach is do what you want, make your own rules.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
How do you advertise your business and get traffic to your products on a website for $700 dollars? Ha Ha! this is a major part! Like to know you're answer.
And how long do you might think you need these advertisements and what if you run out of the $700 before you make a profit?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
How do you advertise your business and get traffic to your products on a website for $700 dollars? Ha Ha! this is a major part! Like to know you're answer.
And how long do you might think you need these advertisements and what if you run out of the $700 before you make a profit?

I've actually never paid a cent for advertising.

But I'm willing to take someone's money if they would like me to sport their advertisements

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
How do you advertise your business and get traffic to your products on a website for $700 dollars?

You start a crowdfunding campaign begging people to donate money so you can turn that $700 into $100,000 to use the $100,000 to grow your business to $1 million

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
You start a crowdfunding campaign begging people to donate money so you can turn that $700 into $100,000 to use the $100,000 to grow your business to $1 million

This.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well with that advice the $700 dollar man in your scenario would fail. Why? Without social media marketing, or advertising some how to allow other people to know where you're at no one would find you. You have to have some way to bring traffic to your site to buy your product. You can't just create a website and wait for someone to show up, because it doesn't happen.

Crowdfunding I can't say for sure, but I've watched plenty of people bomb out on on it. Maybe their product or the way they presented it, I don't know. Some people succeed at that and some don't.

CaptnCaveman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 4, 2014
Most/if not all social media is free so I'm not understanding why you couldn't market there for free to drive traffic to your site? Business cards are cheap to have made. And there's always good ol' word of mouth. Where there's a will there's a way. If I only had $700 to start a business I surely wouldn't spend it all on advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
That's one thing I hate about the wantrepreneurs I know at school. They all think you need a $240,000 bank loan or venture capitalists to do anything worth while. I'm just over here having fun making things happen with pocket change.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Most/if not all social media is free so I'm not understanding why you couldn't market there for free to drive traffic to your site? Business cards are cheap to have made. And there's always good ol' word of mouth. Where there's a will there's a way. If I only had $700 to start a business I surely wouldn't spend it all on advertising.

THANK YOU!

oble01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 10, 2013
I agree!

Of course you can start a profitable business with $700 or much less. Surely profitable simply means the business earns more than it spends.

I think it has been said 1000 times already on this forum but the aim should be I get one paying customer. Just get one sale then move forward from there. As you earn, you learn you reinvest, and grow.

I think the issue is some people think they need to build a "perfect" business before they go promote it. Although id argue even that's achievable with less than $700, especially on a small scale to start.

Just my opinion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.