The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Things to Do if You Don’t Want to Be a Millionaire

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014

http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Just read these 7 pointers to being the opposite of Fastlane and wanted to share it here immediately to steer off all those who might by mistake be on the wrong track. MJ touched almost each of these points in greater detail in TMF .

unproductive-days.jpg

1. Watch TV.

Watching TV will almost always guarantee your failure in becoming a millionaire. Unless there’s a channel dedicated to teaching you in becoming a millionaire, you’re more likely to buy a Wendy’s sandwich or a Snuggie. TV is one of the largest sources of non-productiveness and America’s obesity rate. All TV does is provide short episodes of entertainment and commercials. If you wanted to find entertainment, you could find higher qualities of it in other mediums like friends or backyard BBQ’s. You have little control in the types of entertainment to watch; if you wanted to watch something else on TV, you would have to find another channel. Meanwhile on the Internet, if you wanted to find something funny to watch, you could do a Google search and find 1,654,000,000 choices to pick from. Anyway, why look for entertainment when you could look for information on becoming a millionaire?

2. Eat junk food.
Junk food – the second leading source of America’s obesity rate. Junk food will make you feel tired, fatigued, and depressed. It may give you small periods of pleasure and energy, but it won’t do much in the long run. It will rob you of your energy – energy you need to learn how to become a millionaire. It keeps you from being productive and healthy. Most of all, it decreases your life span.

3. Become “popular”.
Nowadays, kids do so much just to try and gain attention and love. They want to be the “popular” ones. They want to be noticed, cared for, loved. They want to be in a group that accepts them for who they are – or who they try to be. They do such radical things just to try and be popular. Adults are not all that different. They want to gain acceptance from their friends, believing if they don’t, they’ll be friendless and outcasted. People hate being outcasted. But millionaires don’t care about being outcasted. In fact, they’re actually the ones being outcasted. They don’t care what others think, which gives them the determination and commitment to follow their dreams, regardless of what others are thinking or saying.

4. Buy a new car.
If you don’t want to become a millionaire, buy things. Buy lot’s of things. Buy things that won’t even help you or make a difference in your life. Buy extra junk food, the latest technology, a new car, new clothes, etc. Buy everything and anything you can with the income you’re making right now. In fact, go ahead and just make a wishlist of things you want to buy. Then when you get your paycheck, go down your list and buy as many things you can with the money you got.

5. Complain.
Complain about how bad your day is. Talk about how your boss hates you. Discuss how bad your life is. Get mad at the person who cut you off this morning. Announce your distaste for your job and your current situation. Complain how you can never get enough time for yourself. Complain how you can never have enough of what you want. Complain how you can never get what you want.

6. Blame the world.
Blame the world for allowing you to experience the negative situations you’re in. Blame your family for making you late to work. Blame everyone and everything else in the world except yourself for the things you have in your life right now. When you get a bad grade on your test, blame your teacher and explain how he or she can’t teach. When you can’t get a decent job, blame the economy. When something bad happens to you, blame something or someone else.

7. Make excuses.
Try to justify your mistakes and wrongdoings. When you get in trouble, do thing #6 and blame someone else.

http://millionaireshq.com/7-things-to-do-if-you-dont-want-to-be-a-millionaire/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Agree with all of it. Rep dispensed. Sharing on FB!

400365_10150492623066299_1086733677_n.jpg

Last edited:

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks a ton for chiming in, Sir. It's a privilege having your personal input in my thread. As a side note, this is the very first time I received a like from you as well. Now can't wait for receiving likes from the other great ones here. :D

Last edited:

AdrianN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
450%
Dec 5, 2012
I overcame 1 through 6. However I find myself stuck from times to times with number 7. Great post.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Love it..
While reading it, it also struck me how you (almost) never see any of these "traits" in posts around the forum here, which is a good sign. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
While reading it, it also struck me how you (almost) never see any of these "traits"

Our worst offense is Fantasy Football.

Happy that we never see "Hey, did you see Breaking Bad last week!!? OMG!" around here.

Never watched ONE episode.

Now as for The Profit? Shark Tank? Yup. We guilty!

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
List is spot on. From what I've experienced, everyone that watches endless hours of TV and make excuses aren't that successful.

I do watch TV though but its reality shows with successful entrepreneurs: Pawn Stars, Counting Cars & The Profit.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Awesome post, watching TV is probably the hardest habit to get rid of.lol;)
Nooooo! Even if everyone else in the house is watching TV, I just get on to reading or researching. I don't care which teen mom is pregnant again, or how drunk everyone in the "house" is, so I just ignore it. I'm ESPECIALLY opposed to news related shows. Nothing is more depressing than story after story about how my tax dollars are being squandered (or will be) by some high profile slowlane jackasses.

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Nooooo! Even if everyone else in the house is watching TV, I just get on to reading or researching. I don't care which teen mom is pregnant again, or how drunk everyone in the "house" is, so I just ignore it. I'm ESPECIALLY opposed to news related shows. Nothing is more depressing than story after story about how my tax dollars are being squandered (or will be) by some high profile slowlane jackasses.

Agreed. I'm usually guilty of watching the news. hahah. When I watch TV, usually it's a good programmes on Discovery or History channel.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Nice content!

When I moved to the new place, I didn't even buy a TV and it was a great decision. It was not about the money or space, but about time. People still keep asking me - "what do you do in the evenings"? LOL.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Great advice bud, there's still quite a bit of self-disipline I need to work on

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
Awesome post man! My wife & I moved to a new place and I didn't purchase a TV - it's been 9 months now. We also have a 12 week girl which provides plenty of entertainment. I'm trying to build my Education : Entertainment ratio. We're not in the dark though, our viewing is very selected for particular shows eg. Shark Tank, House of Cards which we catch on youtube or download.
Rest of the time is spent working on 2 "slowlane" businesses in 2 separate states.
I love the look on people's faces, especially those around us on my decision. My father-in-law still insists that we should be get one, only because he can't live without one and whenever he's over he'd have to talk to me lol
I don't miss it at all. The BS and trivial things people dwell on a daily basis is just unbelievable.. I'm finding alot of intolerance, negativity and drainage of energy from these people, which I try to stay clear off.

What do you think about sleep? I found that sleep also helps boost energy levels. 6-8 hours plus 20-30 min naps have helped me alot over the past few months, especially with the new born.

Thanks again for the post :)

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
What do you think about sleep? I found that sleep also helps boost energy levels. 6-8 hours plus 20-30 min naps have helped me alot over the past few months, especially with the new born.

Speaking of sleep... there are still free coupons on Sleep Hacking from the site that gives udemy coupons.

http://jan.dyrda.org/html/udemy_coupons.html

Search for Sleep Hacking there.

ik5837063

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 6, 2013
Pakistan,Lahore
i usually just watch a couple of episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S at the end of a hard day just to take a breather and make myself laugh before going to sleep.

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I like this post!

another one

Play lots of Video games
Sometimes video games have a timer how many hours you spend gaming and in one game I had 130 hours!!!!!! Wow!!!
Some video games are really good for a couple of hours a week, but is it necessary to complete the game 100% plus achievements, online leader scores, etc ? I think its not worth it...

Again video games can become VERY addictive and at the same time thinking you're accomplishing something by getting achievements on the game.

The best way that I found out to stop is to create inconvenience to yourself as MJ stated in one of his posts.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I love this! It is definintly true and is a great reminder of what I need to do (and not do) in order to reach my goals

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Agreed with the TV part, simply intolerable. No matter how big the TV or how amazing the surround sound, I just cannot do it. Too busy focusing on what I should be doing and miss the entire point of the show.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.