The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$65 Productivity Course for Free

Anything related to matters of the mind

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Hey guys,

I’m going to keep this short and sweet because we’re all busy people.

We’re giving away a limited number of copies of our $65 productivity course for FREE.

All we want you to do is give us some honest feedback on the course. That’s it.

Just visit this url (http://kaizen-creative.usefedora.com/courses/online-marketers-productivity-roadmap) click ‘Get it Now’ and use the coupon code ‘FEEDBACK’ to get the course for free.

Simple eh?

Then provide us some honest feedback on the course and we’ll all be happy :)

For those who give us feedback we’ll be offering special discounts and free bonuses so trust us, it’s in both our interests to get the feedback!

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that. If you have any questions just send me an email at zach@kaizen-creative.com or visit kaizen-creative.com/free-course/ for more info.

Cheers, Luca.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Damn straight!

But this is pretty bloody close, seriously, all we want is feedback to make our course better for online marketers...

Fathazard

Patience, Speed & Gratitude
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
435%
Jul 31, 2015
Sweden
I had a look at it, and read half the course in 15min. The content is very elementary, and more in-depth strategies for productivity (with software recommendations etc) can be found for free. I'd be surprised if it took you longer than a week to create the whole 'course'.

I'm sorry for this harsh criticism, but the truth is: If I found your guide for free on a blog I probably wouldn't keep reading beyond the first page (the whole thing is what? 10 pages?). Asking $65 dollars for it is outrageous.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I had a look at it, and read half the course in 15min. The content is very elementary, and more in-depth strategies for productivity (with software recommendations etc) can be found for free. I'd be surprised if it took you longer than a week to create the whole 'course'.

I'm sorry for this harsh criticism, but the truth is: If I found your guide for free on a blog I probably wouldn't keep reading beyond the first page (the whole thing is what? 10 pages?). Asking $65 dollars for it is outrageous.
And that's the problem with all these online courses teaching alternative/mindset/holistic/whatever concepts.

Overpriced and underdelivered.

Unless the course is teaching a technical skill, like programming, they're usually bogus.

Source: got a shitload of Udemy courses that are bogus.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
And that's the problem with all these online courses teaching alternative/mindset/holistic/whatever concepts.

Overpriced and underdelivered.

Unless the course is teaching a technical skill, like programming, they're usually bogus.

Source: got a shitload of Udemy courses that are bogus.
True, know why? Because there is nothing to deliver.

The whole field is a bunch of blah blah, smoke and snake oil that everybody mixes together in a slightly different way.

But you know what? People eat it up. Because it's better than the truth.

The truth about productivity? "Hey, to be productive, do the work!". Everything else is smoke. Take one thing, do it, then another.
Did I blow your mind or what?

But you can't make a course or a book with one sentence, so gotta fluff it up.
And people love to consume the same thing over and over. That feeling of accomplishing, amirite?

I'm currently reading a couple of books in the field. We're talking books which sold millions of copies and contain real information. Useful shit.

And still they are 95% fluff because that's what the field is.

Authors take the content of a 90 minute presentation, turn it into a fluff book, and use it to book corporate speaking gigs for tens of thousands.

Why? Because corporate people are not stupid and won't waste time reading a book when they can get the juice in 90 minutes.

OP, I went through the course.
  1. People want videos. The same material in video form would be taken much more seriously.
  2. Too little, too little detail. Really dig into the ideas, one at a time, and build a concrete framework.
  3. I liked one of the first ideas, where you talked about output/input. Measuring things is always good. But then you go into fluff like the Pareto principle and lose that good thread.

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
First I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to check out the course and reply, harsh criticism is better than no criticism!

Just a few notes I wanted to add.

Firstly, the course is meant to be designed for beginners so I was trying to keep it rather simple, focusing on the background and mindset of becoming more productive.. but that is probably an area I can work on by making it shorter, more to-the-point and actionable. Any thoughts on that?

Also because it was aimed at beginners I wanted to try and leave apps and other software programs out of it, often times people actually become more unproductive because of these apps by constantly checking them, tweaking with settings etc. That's why I just focused on 3 main strategies that don't necessarily need apps.

Finally the strategies I picked are pretty simple, but they work so well due to that simplicity. And it's very true, this information can be found for free across the web, but I believed through the course I showed how they can be used together and provided quite a bit of detail on how to apply them properly with the research and information to back them up.

I just wanted to get that out, but I also truly want to improve on the course. My question for you fellas is..

How can I make the course not be 'bogus'? Do I need more concrete strategies that are more unique/unheard-of? What would you like to see/learn-from in such a productivity course?

I truly appreciate the comments and I'm hoping that you fellas reply :)

Cheers, Luca.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
How can I make the course not be 'bogus'? Do I need more concrete strategies that are more unique/unheard-of? What would you like to see/learn-from in such a productivity course?
I couldn't agree more with @Digamma about this. Videos, videos, videos. Even if you just take the course as it is and use what you wrote as a script, it would be better. As it is right now, it looks like 13 blog posts compiled into a course.

Try to create downloads for it as well. Have a daily schedule creator or a printable to write down major tasks and subtasks from "Your Personal Roadmap".

Right now I can't imagine a beginner paying $65 to learn how to make a task list. I mean, in its simplest form that's all productivity is. Do this by this time.

Think of someone who's like, damn...I need to get a hold of myself and stock knocking out this work. They're going to exhaust as many free resources before considering(if ever) paying $65 for an ebook broken down by chapter.

For $65 you better hop out the computer and do some of my work for me.

Give them a premium product for a premium price.

A

Anon37434

I haven't read everything but here's my advice for you:

Develop a unique strategy and brand it like crazy.
People pay more attention to branded or even trademarked methods than to plain blog posts.
There's a reason why most popular life coaches take an existing method, brand it and sell millions of books or audio programs.

A good example are the commandments in MJ's book. It's very easy to refer to them in conversations and no one else represents all 5 commandments like MJ does. That's why everyone thinks of him whenever someone mentions scale or entry. He basically branded those commandments.

That said, better make sure to deliver real value and not some halfhearted scam just for the sake of getting money. There's enough of that out there.

TL;DR: Branding should be your top priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Why is someone who calls them self an internet marketer on their landing page - delivering such an amateur funnel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Fan-F*cking-tastic. Thanks for the awesome replies guys!

This is some seriously awesome information that I can use to make the course better for everyone, as right now it is just in the wireframe stage but I'm surely going to be chopping off the shit and adding some more information, downloadables, vids etc soon!

And @Longo that was just a basic funnel I threw up rather quickly and will be heavily editing in the next week. Any thoughts or criticisms for the funnel that you'd like to add? I can only make it better by constant iteration and feedback!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.