The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5 Tips to Living Frugal as an Entrepreneur

Anything related to matters of the mind

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
"The hardest part about being an entrepreneur and living on a budget is the lifestyle change that you’ll endure. Instead of being able to have the freedom to buy anything you want, go on a vacation, and have a wild night at the bars with your friends, you’ll have to kiss all that goodbye."

From Under30CEO

5 Tips to Living Frugal as an Entrepreneur

I should be enjoying my summer vacation, going on road trips and stuff, but instead I'm sitting in my house doing LinkedIn marketing for a product that doesn't exist yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I don't get the idea that you have to give up having fun to be an entrepreneur. I disagree, you don't. You can still have a lot of fun. moderately.
I work very hard, but I have 2 fun activities that I engage in. Monday, I go play soccer with friends 2hrs, I skip out on Wed & Friday. :( Friday or Saturday, I hit the bars/clubs with friends for 2 hrs. Just having those things to do and looking forward to them is such a joy. Oh, and I go to the gym 5 days a week. Find things to do, locally, things that you will really enjoy. 1hr, 2hrs max. Treat yourself. :)

I agree with the article tho. I rarely eat out, I don't have cable (save money and distractions), finances is organized (have a job that covers it, don't need to stress about bills), every penny does count (but i still treat myself from time to time, right now, i'm remodeling my bathroom myself, will probably do it for a $1,000), didn't give up my 'luxury' car, need to drive car here.

i feel that having a decent job helps a lot, the worst thing to worry about is cash especially as an entrepreneur, bootstrapping is the key. go put in your 40-60hrs then come home and work harder. it's not easy, but your bills will be paid, less stress, clearer mind to focus on your project, and maybe even some money for your project. your biggest variable and hardest challenge will be time, not having enough of it and making do with the little you do have efficiently.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.