The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

21 Year Old New Yorker Going Fastlane

NYCGoblin

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2014
New York
I have been on this forum for a few months, & have made a couple post but have never really introduced myself or what I am about. Well here it goes. I am 21 Years Old and live in The Bronx, New York. I am currently a aspiring MMA fighter with a 4-1 Amateur MMA record. Looking to turn professional this year. For work I am a instructor & consultant at my MMA gym. I came across the forum while doing research on passive income.

After much reading of the forum I thought that going into importing was the most realistic and profitable entry point for me. I read through Econ man's entire thread and started in the motions of finding my products. It took me a while but I found a product that has thus far given me pretty good sales since November (Although there have been some hiccups)

In December I obtained my next product which has also given me some good sales. This product is 2x the margin of my original but now I am getting into price wars with a few sellers and am unsure what to do as it is cutting into sales. Now this January I stumbled onto a product that has given me astounding success. Very good profit margins, as well as consistent volume. Now I am unsure how long I will be able to sell this product or if I may get in trouble for it (Don't believe so there are many independent sellers who have sold 1,000's of it) But going to do it as long as possible to grow my available capital. My expenses are very small and I have a positive cash flow right now of around $1,500 with another $10,000 saved up.

I am not sure what my next step is going to be whether it be staying with importing. Looking for new products and branding them probably. Or if it's looking to get into some other ventures. I have a uncle and brother in law who are into real estate and own some apartment buildings, homes, and commercial space. May look to them for advice. I have one investment in mind, but would want to bounce it off one of you more experienced members for feedback. Before I brought it to the table at least.

So that's the rundown tried to condense as much as possible. Open to feedback or criticism from anyone. Hope to be a contributing member of the forum for years to come. Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mamadoo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 12, 2014
Toronto
What is the most painful hit you can take as a mma fighter? Id imagine itd be a knee to the face. F*ck thatd hurt lol

NYCGoblin

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2014
New York
What is the most painful hit you can take as a mma fighter? Id imagine itd be a knee to the face. F*ck thatd hurt lol

I've been lucky enough to have not caught a full on knee to the face yet. But yes that would be pretty bad. That or an elbow maybe. All kinds of painful stuff goes on.
Any thoughts or advice as far as business goes though?

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
It's good to see a few NYC people on this forum. When I was young MMA started to get big, for a second I even though about getting into MMA, I decided not to. I'm in great health, and I don't want to risk damaging my body in any way, especially my mind.
Basically what ever you do, if it's a good idea, you competition is going to copy you eventually, then your going to get into a price war, one way to not get into a price war, is creating a brand, people will pay more for a brand.
But really just keep learning, think of a way to win.

NYCGoblin

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2014
New York
Yeah I think I should just look to continue selling these items to fund some other items that I can brand. The one I am in a price war with gives me good margins so maybe I should just give in and try to play the game until I can get out. Best to milk it as long as I can right? And definitely I try and read as much of the gold threads per day as I can.

NYCGoblin

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2014
New York
You just missed out on a NYC meeting bud.
I know I was keeping up with the thread, but would not have been able to make it. Not sure how much I'd be able to add at the moment but I am definitely interested in attending one eventually.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
There are some really good threads on what your doing here, and some people who are really good at this kind of business, I say find one of those threads, where the member is still active and ask him for some advice, most important thing is to keep learning and think of a way to win.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...