The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Alche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Mar 18, 2015
At the start of Dec 2014 I finally made the decision and was serious about it to join the fastlane. The decision to achieve location independence which is what I have always wanted because I love traveling.

Over the past 4 months I began learning web design from scratch, some copywriting, started an ebay business and now I am about to start an ecommerce dropshipping store. I've gone from knowing nothing to being able to build basic websites, knowing more about copywriting.. and starting an ebay business (this was mostly luck) which is earning me enough to live off of in a 2nd or 3rd world country.

Im setting myself a goal to develop a second stream of online income (passive or not doesn't matter) within the next 4 months so I don't have to rely on anything I earn on ebay. Webdesign hustling, freelance copywriting, the app and the ecommerce website are the 4 areas I see a lot of potential in. Lets see if I can make this happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Good luck Spike, I've procrastinated on finishing cowboy bebop. Let's see if I can make this happen

Alche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Mar 18, 2015
With March almost over now, I have made about $2.5k on ebay this month. Just this week I created a niche website. Written two posts and added some affliate links. I also stumbled across another pretty good niche, but this one would take a lot of work to launch still need more experience in this area.

My app is really becoming a headache and looking like a -NPV spent $3k on it :(.
Almost 2 months over from when it was supposed to be completed, it is still buggy. iOS is working well but Android is really buggy. The elance developer is not that great, wouldn't recommend hiring developers off there unless you go for the higher paid ones.

Spent $750 this month in various fees that I need to reduce for next month. This included impulsively buying a $230 shopify theme which I will probably never use!

Learning woocommerce at the moment and need to start learning copywriting again. I can't help but divide into so many projects its definitely not helping..

I'm happy what I have learnt and achieved so far but its still the beginning.

4month goal - have built a second income
December 2015 goal - Be happy and feel like I have achieved something

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Alche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Mar 18, 2015
Today I cancelled the app project and although it was alot of wasted money I had a great life lesson in it. I tend to always see the best in people so naturally I did not distinguish any difference between business and friends. My lenience and patience is why the app was 2 months over.. As soon as I threatened to cancel the job to the freelancers suddenly everything started to get done. Being a hardass is the only way for shit to get done but I am glad this all happened as it could have taken me a longer time to realise this app was a bad idea.

In the end, Millionaire fastlane , the part that talks about getting into something for the right reasons is why I ended up cancelling this project. To begin with I got into this without any knowledge and for the money only. Only now I assessed that not only would it be difficult for this app to make money but it would require 2-3hrs a day for me to manage it not including promoting it. While I still love the idea its not a money making scheme.

ebay business is not doing so well, some of ebays policies I wasnt aware of has affected my account. Going to have to get a full time job soon...F*ck

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.