The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 and I'm creating a Importing Sales Pitch Site

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tehcasa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 29, 2013
After a few years of importing, I thought it was time to share and give back something to the community.

I’m creating a website specifically for coaching people on “how to import properly”. The site will be a classic sales pitch that will allow people to import with me one on one.

Also, I’m writing an ebook that will derive everything I have experienced during my time as an importer. The ebook will be broken down into different stages allowing viewers to understand each topic clearer.

Altogether, I’m happy I can share my progress with you and I hope I can help you if you have any Q’s on importing* ps I’m Australian and I’m only targeting the website to Australian people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Do you even import bro?

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
well all i can say is.. a lot of different products from China that are trendy worldwide.

Lol, that's really not saying much at all. But good luck sir, I don't know what the demand for it is in Australia so I can't help.

Tehcasa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 29, 2013
Lol, that's really not saying much at all. But good luck sir, I don't know what the demand for it is in Australia so I can't help.
I've imported over 100 different products... would take a bit of time to write each and every one of them. Plus some of them are still good to import and i would rather not give that value away. The price of the products usually ranges from $5 - $125. Most of the time I would import items below 500g... (Australian tariffs are bad).
What kind of product did you import?
well all i can say is.. a lot of different products from China that are trendy worldwide.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I recently moved to Australia, what do I need to know about importing here? I've heard it's pretty strict although I've had around 10 sample orders come through without question in the 9 months I've been here.

What would be the bullets/benefits I would get from reading your book?

Tehcasa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 29, 2013
Can you explain the different steps you take in importing and selling a product?
There's heaps of steps involved if you want to import a product "you will know that will definitely make profit".
I'm actually writing an eBook on all the steps I take of importing and selling products. When it's completed I'll definitely come back to you!

Tehcasa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 29, 2013
Can you explain the different steps you take in importing and selling a product?
There's heaps of steps involved if you want to import a product "you will know that will definitely make profit".
I'm actually writing an eBook on all the steps I take of importing and selling products. When it's completed I'll definitely come back to you!
I recently moved to Australia, what do I need to know about importing here? I've heard it's pretty strict although I've had around 10 sample orders come through without question in the 9 months I've been here.

What would be the bullets/benefits I would get from reading your book?
Hi Mitch. I'm sure importing in Australia wouldn't change too much as it was wherever you were before but because you're a new importer in Australia you'll definitely have to watch out for taxes and exchange rates.

The benefits of reading my small eBook will cover:
  • How to find a perfect supplier
  • Applying Information asymmetry
  • How to research products to buy/sell
  • All the different sorts of taxes
  • What profit incentive you should aim at
However, the eBook is mostly for helping new importers who are clueless about the topic. But I still think it's a good read for people like you who already import. Plus the eBook is quite small.

Anyway, I hope that helps if you want to talk more you're more than welcome to pm me.

Samy Bazizi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 6, 2014
Austria
Hi, I just found a cool new product I want to import. However, I have no idea where and how to sell it. Can you please give me some insights? Thank you very much and waiting for your ebook.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
Not to thread jack, but @Samy Bazizi you can start by clicking here. The link is to an excellent thread for anyone wanting to start selling imported products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tehcasa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 29, 2013
Hi, I just found a cool new product I want to import. However, I have no idea where and how to sell it. Can you please give me some insights? Thank you very much and waiting for your ebook.

Hey mate, I would recommend selling on any major e-commerce platform like eBay or Amazon. If you want to scale your products more, just find a domestic website in your country that allows you to list products for free. In Australia, we have a community site called "Gumtree" where we can post product listings for free. The great part of this is most people buy and pickup the product, saving you the time and money of not having to pay for shipping.

As well as my ebook, I just want to reiterate that it is mainly targeted at Australian people. However, it will still be a good read for new start-up importers like you. I'll pm you when it's completed!

-Pat

Tehcasa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 29, 2013

Hey mate, I would recommend selling on any major e-commerce platform like eBay or Amazon. If you want to scale your products more, just find a domestic website in your country that allows you to list products for free. In Australia, we have a community site called "Gumtree" where we can post product listings for free. The great part of this is most people buy and pickup the product, saving you the time and money of not having to pay for shipping.

As well as my ebook, I just want to reiterate that it is mainly targeted at Australian people. However, it will still be a good read for new start-up importers like you. I'll pm you when it's completed!

-Pat
Not to thread jack, but @Samy Bazizi you can start by clicking here. The link is to an excellent thread for anyone wanting to start selling imported products.
All good mate. I myself have been on this thread numerous times during my prime importing business. Highly recommend it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.