The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$100 Website to Validate Your Business Idea

Idea threads

PranayaG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 26, 2014
New York
You have an idea.

You believe the idea has a great potential. You want to see it realized.

Before you stress over how to develop your idea into a product, you need to validate your idea to make sure there actually is a demand for your product or service.

In the next day or two, I will build a basic, functional website that you can use to validate your idea. I will work with you to identify the most essential elements for this website to get it up and running ASAP.

Put this website in front of your audience and see how the audience reacts. Are you planning on selling something? See if people actually buy it on the website. Paid transaction (and not a mere promise) from a stranger in your target audience is the only way to make sure that there is a demand for your product or service.

The great thing about this approach is that if you receive a favorable response from your audience, you can then think about allocating more resources towards further development. Otherwise, you’ve just saved hours of your time, your money and a lot of headache from an idea that the market is not interested in.

-----------------------
My name is Pranaya. I have been developing websites for the past 10 years. I have some down time now and thought this would be a great way to encourage and help out some people with great ideas at a reasonable cost.

Note: This approach does not work across the board. If I cannot build your website, I will let you know within the next 12 hours and promptly refund your money. Also, no gambling or adult sites.

$100 is a limited time offer. I reserve the right to change the price at any time.

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pranaya

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Got some example to show ? I like the concept of what you are offering, but the question is how high/low quality will the MVP website be, will it have good copy or look like a blogspot blog ?

Good day

PranayaG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 26, 2014
New York
This ad is geared towards someone who simply has an idea, and, does not have the time, resource or expertise to convert that idea into a quick "tangible" web presence to test it out against the target audience.

The extent of my service as described in the "Ad" is to setup a quick website with a few pages based on your idea and tie it to PayPal or some payment processing service (if you are selling something). I would then hand the website over to you - to which you would have to drive some targeted traffic to test it out.

I have developed multiple full-fledged websites (so giving those as examples would not serve the purpose).

Obviously charging only $100 for a website, albeit a basic one, is not a wise use of my time. But I am simply trying this as an experiment and can only accept simple, straightforward projects.

As you can see, I am trying to validate my own idea (this ad) through this offer as well.

G

Guest34764

I have developed multiple full-fledged websites (so giving those as examples would not serve the purpose).

It would give us an idea of your expertise.

I think you should give us a few examples,you sound like a nice guy and I'm sure you're really good at making websites.

PranayaG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 26, 2014
New York
Here is an example. I got an OK to share the work from someone who used my offer yesterday to build a quick membership site for writing jobs.

Basically, he wanted to test the idea of a membership portal where freelance writers could find reliable, high-quality writing gigs in exchange for a monthly fee. Here is what I did:

• I setup a quick wordpress installation using a theme I bought for a different project (from elegantthemes.com).
  • Created various sections/pages based on information he provided during the survey I asked him to complete.
  • Used Pexels to grab the free homepage stock photo ( https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-girl-writing-notes-7079/)
  • Used Pixlr Editor ( https://pixlr.com/editor/) to create a quick text-based logo.
  • Used free 15-day trial of Membermouse plugin ( membermouse.com ) to quickly get a "membership area" setup
    • Created 3 membership tiers priced at $14.95, $29.95 and $49.95
  • Integrated membermouse with PayPal to collect payment whenever someone joins
  • He also wanted to make it a standalone site to test it out. I helped him find a URL and published everything to that URL
Here's the site: http://topwritingjobs.com

In the next few days he can now put this site in front of his target audience (writing gig-seekers) and see if there is any interest. If someone actually signs up and pays for the membership, he knows there is a market for it. He can then either hire someone or create the content himself and focus on building and growing the site.

Obviously there are many variables while testing out an idea. But a basic website will give you a solid starting point.

His costs:
  • $100 for the website
  • $10 for the domain (you can probably find it cheaper)
  • $10/mo. for cheap shared hosting (you can probably find it cheaper)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Who writes the copy?

What if you already have a domain.

BTW..... nice case study. Not too shabby for $100! Great value for the money.

PranayaG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 26, 2014
New York
Who writes the copy?

What if you already have a domain.

BTW..... nice case study. Not too shabby for $100! Great value for the money.

I do not write copy. I will fill in whatever I can based on the survey response I get from you.

If you give me access, I will help get the site up on your domain.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders