The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How 2 apps increased my productivity by 2X

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
Since summit is coming up, I thought I'd share something that I think can help some people, especially those just starting.

There are 2 apps that dramatically changed how much I get done in a day.

Using both of these together, there is NO WAY you don't increase your productivity. If you're having trouble staying on task, this will help a lot. If you waste time surfing the internet all day, this is the solution.

Here they are:

1. Simple Blocker- this app allows you to block any website that is distracting. Block all social media during work time. This is SO important to productivity.

2. Rescuetime- This app tracks all of your computer activity, and then sorts the time you spend by category. It helps you see EXACTLY how many hours you work or waste every day.

Why do these apps work so well in increasing productivity?

When you're surfing reddit or stalking on FB for hours, why do you continue to do it? You don't realize how much time you're wasting. With Rescuetime, you'll see that your spending 3 hours on youtube everyday. And then you'll feel like a loser. If you're serious about success, why are you watching cat videos for hours?

My problem when I first started years ago was I'd get a few things done, then use social media/youtube for hours, then try to get back to work. This kills your motivation.

Instead, schedule your distracting time later in the day.

Every night, I also do the routine below.

NIGHTLY ROUTINE-
1. Review rescuetime stats-Where did you spend your time? Where can you make changes?

Hope this helps!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SWB

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Mar 12, 2013
Sydney
Thanks Tony, this is a great post. I also like Meister Task or Trello. Only problem with Trello is it isn't available offline hence moving to Meister Task. Thanks again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.