The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Business is Born

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Show me where I can get $40 hosting.

THIS is what you're focusing on after all has been said???? You need to seriously evaluate what you deem important focal points.

As for me, I'm dropping out of this thread unless you show some actual motivation. Enough of my time wasted here getting ignored.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BostonHusky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 13, 2015
Lol. You had trouble finding that for the past few months. Okay.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cheap+hosting+and+domain

Or if you want me to do the search for you as well...

www.godaddy.com . You've probably heard of them if you haven't been living under a rock for the past 20 years. A domain and hosting combo costs 9.99 for a year of the domain + $4.99 for wordpress hosting, and that's all you need.

I doubt you understood what I said as well. I said a premium wordpress theme would cost $40. Wordpress is the easiest way to get a business website going at this age and time. Most businesses use it.

I am not going to reply to this thread again. This is an utter waste of time and energy. I'm saying it again: this is mental masturbation. If you need anyone to show you what you could find out on Google within 7.2 seconds... And you keep delaying the SIMPLEST of things back... And you were wondering about finding a domain/website service for months now... Wow.

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah thank goodness, they were disturbing your mental masturbation session.

Classic wantrepreneur. I can see the post I made just under 1 month ago and I've achieved so damn much since then, and you've achieved what? Registering your business, while still not having sold your sample or even created a damn website that takes all of a few hours.

Time to take a serious look at where you're headed, and how bad you want to be successful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

el_hombre123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jan 4, 2016
I understand you want to get all the details of your business right, but I highly recommend you take a step back and think about whether it's actually required.

This thread greatly reminds me of the first 'business' I started. I registered all the domains, registered it as a Ltd. company, spent A LOT (for a 16-17 year old) on making a professional website and getting professional photographs done, planning every aspect of my marketing, I even got a professionally written PR made (amongst numerous other things). I did all these things over almost a full year, thinking everything needed to be absolutely perfect (but never actually getting a sale). You know what I did at the end of it? I didn't release it. I had virtually the perfect business ready to release, and I never did (now my reasons came down more to a legal matter that I was incredibly stupid to ignore / blinded by money - I was 16-17 at the time).

I know yours is a very different story to mine, but you may face similar pitfalls. You mention that there are other sellers selling for 2-3x less than you, and from what I've gathered in this thread, your main selling point is a different material and the warranty - meaning it's a relatively generic product. Which in turns mean these competitors can quite easily up there price and slap a warranty on their product.

I'm not saying this to demoralize you, but it just seems you're falling into the trap of making 'progress' without actually making any progress. You do these little things that feel good and make you feel like you're running a business, but they're not actually helping you to make real progress. The fact you haven't sold the samples from 7+ months ago should be a huge red flag.

So my advice is to sell your samples (you mention you can't sell these on Amazon / eBay), so use a free Wordpress template on a $10 domain, run some ads and see if people (other than you) actually want this product. Then continue from there. Work out the actual downfalls (i.e. figuring out the branding), rather than spending unnecessary money, which sounds as though it's scarce at the moment.

I only had a quick glance over the posts, so if I'm wrong then ignore and feel free to call me an idiot. I hope you succeed.

Was in the same boat as yourself back when I was 16... Definitely a big mistake...After that mistake, and correct me if I am wrong, I realized that those details come after you have established something worthy that has SALES / REVENUE!!!.. No point in complying with tax codes, government agencies, etc. if no money is coming in..

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 15, 2014
Was in the same boat as yourself back when I was 16... Definitely a big mistake...After that mistake, and correct me if I am wrong, I realized that those details come after you have established something worthy that has SALES / REVENUE!!!.. No point in complying with tax codes, government agencies, etc. if no money is coming in..

Exactly. It's so easy to get blinded by what you think people want, rather than what they actually want. So get some sales, get some feedback, and only then do you need to bother registering it as a business etc.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Did you read the forum rules?

Booted him, and sent some rep speed to you. Too bad, too... because his spammed link site looked good actually. If people come here to spam, I don't care what it is they are serving up. The forum offers ad space, and this guy could have bought some but he chose the low road. He was probably just hoping for a few clicks before his inevitable departure.

Anyway... back to the subject.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Thank God you guys dropped off this thread!!!
Dude, with all due respect, you're letting your ego get in the way of seeing the valuable advice given to you in your thread. I get it. It's a natural reaction but you're seriously discounting the value you've been given.

So before you get defensive and start feeling attacked, LISTEN. This is all constructive criticism. People are trying to help you to succeed.

What you have is a company, not a business.

The point of all of this is to make sales, not a website. One day, hopefully soon, you'll look back at this thread and realize you're on the classic wantrepreneur's path. You need to change the path you're currently on.

We don't know what your product is, so we can't offer you advice on the best way to sell it. Still, you owe it to yourself to show some hustle and make some sales. While you're waiting to get a domain, learn AdWords, and create your LinkedIn account your local competitor is making money from your potential customers. Doesn't that piss you off? It should!

You want to know where to make sales? Look in their back yard. Where are they selling. Who are their customers? Where are they advertising. Go after their audience and prove that your product is better.

Is it easy? F*ck no!

That's the point. Get out of your comfort zone where you've been cocooning yourself and and feeling proud for getting an LLC and EIN. Instead, get to work and make some sales!

It might sound obvious but, if you want to change your life, you actually have to change your life!

You want this to be a success, right? Then what's your plan? How are you going to achieve your goals? Detail it. Put timelines against it and hold yourself accountable. Post your plan here and let the forum members help keep you accountable. That's what 'Progress Threads' are great for! It allows people to detail their path, to get advice, and have others hold them accountable. So why are you bitching about people that are trying to help you? Change your perspective and just hear what is being said. Take it at face value, even if you aren't going to heed the advice you're given.

How long are you willing to wait before you make your first sale? How long are you going to drag this 'company' on for until you finally decide to kill it because you can't sell anything?

You've read the other threads. You know the whole idea is to get sales from your samples and test the market. That way if you fail, you can fail fast, and move on. To quote @JasonR's thread...'What's stopping you?'

You're not making progress here. What you are making are excuses to yourself.

We all want each other to be successful but really you're just another screen name to us. We don't have any skin in the game with you. If you fail it doesn't matter to us. If anything it pushes us harder to not fall into the same trap you've been caught in. Your business doesn't matter to us, but it should to you.

You should care! You should be fighting every day to make this thing happen. What's your motivation? Where did your hunger go? How badly do you want it? You've let fear and obstacles slow you down and you're not just OK with it, you're justifying it. Overcome the obstacles. If you want it you've go to PUSH HARDER!

People here are trying to help you and even if you don't like their advice, or agree with it, you should still appreciate it. These are the people that are trying to help you attain the life you want instead of pandering to the life you already have.

TL;DR
Be humble, be gracious and be open. And get back to work!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.