The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! My first attempt at copy

Javier Cardona

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 18, 2015
Dear Reader,

It’s over. I can’t live with myself any more. Consider this my resignation to the pitiful cycle I have thus far called my life. How do I begin to express my displeasure? Tedious, dull, flavourless, monotonous. I am a modern day slave, trading five days of lackluster labour for two days of recovery. Usually those two days are spent escaping my problems via my mind as my getaway vehicle, running on fuel in the form of cheap hard liquor and thick, dark beer. Very productive right?

Let’s take a look at my social life.. I’m not even able to locate it as the flames from the bridges I’ve burned are roaring so loud I can barely open my eyes without being seared by the memories of my anger and embarrassment.

“How can you not be happy?” the zombie (average Joe) asks. “You are 21 years old with a 50k a year job with nice benefits and a great retirement pension plan, put in the hours and you will retire comfortable!” Maybe they are right… Maybe I’m just being ungrateful. Maybe it’s time to give up on my “childish” dreams and put in the long dreadful hours living frugal so one day I can retire comfortably… “Comfortably” rot away on a beach as the zombies watch and surround me from afar,inching closer and closer waiting to feed off the remaining bit of resources I spent my mundane life acquiring.

F*ck it I’m not going to put myself through that! No one cares about me.. No one would even notice if I suddenly disappeared.. Might as well END IT NOW… *Grabs shotgun*

:hungover: :hungover: :hungover:

You probably thought I was going to kill myself didn’t you? Ha! I don’t give up that easy! I’ve got nothing to lose! So I fill my shotgun with bullets of love and aid.

Sorry but not sorry for the misleading title. But it is true. I am ending it tonight. As I write this I begin my journey into breaking free from the shackles of this realm of chaos we call “Normal Society.” It won’t be easy, but if it has been done before over and over again, I know it can be done one more time.

Now is the time to grind. Now is the time to stuff fear in the garburator and shred it to pieces. Now is the time to thrive.

Oh shit I can hear them coming, the zombies are trying to break down our walls. :headbanger:Trying to consume us and drag us down with their fear, doubt, and insults. They are getting close.. Good thing I brought plenty of shotguns filled with bullets of love and aid so we can turn these zombies back into the passionate, creative human beings they once were and guide them to freedom.

So what do you say? Are you in for the journey? We don’t have much time! Grab a gun and follow me or stay behind and get eaten alive by zombies waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!:hurting::hurting::hurting:

Hello sorry for the long first post, thanks for reading! My name is Javier I'm 21 from Vancouver, Canada and new to the forum. I stumbled upon the forum months ago but didn't take any action because I was in the mindset of the top half of my post. I want to thank MJ (for writing a book that saved me in a dark time) and all the awesome people on this forum. I look forward to learning, working hard, and helping others in the hope to find success. My goals right now are mostly based on habits. I.E= I quit drinking, started working out regularly, eating healthy, avoiding negative banter and reading useful books. My first fastlane related goal is to learn copy. My first step was tonight - literally just to write anything (I haven't written anything since high school.) I will continue with SinisterLexs 15 day challenge, and would appreciate any feedback, suggestions, or just any comments in general. Once again thanks everyone hope you have a wonderful day full of wins!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
You probably thought I was going to kill myself didn’t you? Ha!

Ha! Suicide note themed clickbait title. :cookoo:

Also, if that's your definition of cruel, good luck in business.

Javier Cardona

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 18, 2015
Ha! Suicide note themed clickbait title. :cookoo:

Also, if that's your definition of cruel, good luck in business.
The post isn't meant to be taken serious haha, just wanted to take a first step into writing copy by writing something that could possibly catch people's attention and invoke a feeling. If you clicked on it it worked right? Thanks for the luck even if it was being sarcastic I'll take it :)

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Isn't there some kind of code, as to where clickbait should stop???

Can appreciate the symbolism in your story, title too tricky imo.

Welcome though!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Javier Cardona

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 18, 2015

Welcome though!

Welcome though!
Thanks for the input! Just changed the title as I feel it could be a point of controversy and I didn't mean to make a negative first impression.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
I thought this was going to be an invitation to a Periscope video, of your live suicide.
I wonder how many extra clicks this thread will get, given the title?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...