The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much to charge for rewriting web content for websites

thunder_god

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 20, 2015
A client I have worked with in the past today emailed me about a friend who is looking for someone to rewrite content for their website. They mentioned that they have already written most of the articles, but needs it to be re-written and to make it more professional. That's all that was mentioned in the email and my client is asking for a quote so they can forward it to their friend.

I'm currently charging my client $45 per an article/blog post between 500-700 words if they order 10 or more articles or $50 per an individual article. What would be a fair price to charge for re-writing the articles for website content?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
A client I have worked with in the past today emailed me about a friend who is looking for someone to rewrite content for their website. They mentioned that they have already written most of the articles, but needs it to be re-written and to make it more professional. That's all that was mentioned in the email and my client is asking for a quote so they can forward it to their friend.

I'm currently charging my client $45 per an article/blog post between 500-700 words if they order 10 or more articles or $50 per an individual article. What would be a fair price to charge for re-writing the articles for website content?
This is a very hard one to answer, you could go to upwork and look at what the other freelancers are charging. Lise Cartwright is the master of this, I'll be interviewing her this wednesday! But check out her resources on her website - they're really good.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Yes it's a fair price. You could probably get a lot more though if you identified why they want it rewritten, the actual objective they're hoping to achieve with new content, and laid out a plan to actually meet that objective instead of just writing content.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

How bad do you want the new client? What's it worth to you?

If I didn't need new clients I'd offer my normal rate. If they don't accept, so what I didn't need them anyway.
If I needed very few new clients I'd offer a few dollars less and call it a referral discount.
If I needed clients badly I'd cut it in half or more in an attempt to gain future business.

Yesterday one of my oldest clients begged me for a discount on some rewrites.
At first I quoted my normal rate, but when I saw the underlying opportunity I cut it to half.
The lifetime value of her as a customer was worth more than my standard rate which can always be raised later.

Some clients can afford to pay right now.
Some can't, but might be able to afford more later.
Imagine what you'll be worth to them if you're the reason they earn enough money to pay you in the first place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.