The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YouTube + Affiliate offers? Anyone doing that?

Marketing, social media, advertising

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
I know that making money on YouTube is not easy. But has anyone tried making videos to promote an affiliate offers?

I'm not talking about gamers that promote redbull or pranksters that promote unrelated offers or stuff like that.

I mean, is there anyone here that makes youtube videos to review SAAS businesses and then put an affiliate links from that company in the videos? Does it work? Can anyone share the experience?

Today I thought of some very cool video ideas (around e-commerce) and I was wondering if putting affiliate links under the videos would work? I know its a lot of work to get subscribers and views, that's why I'm questioning this as a money making model. To make any money from views, you have to have like million views a month. I was thinking about affiliate offers from a day one.

To make it clear, I can't see a YouTube as a career for myself. But It would be cool to build an audience (just like a blog) to sell or promote some products or companies I would create.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem not any different than gamers promoting redbull. :) So only lots and lots of views would work. What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted20833

I know that making money on YouTube is not easy. But has anyone tried making videos to promote an affiliate offers?

I'm doing YouTube + Adsense (which isn't that hard if you "ethically steal" someone elses
content and then do some YouTube SEO

And now I'm starting to build my own channel on the "How to make money on eBay" niche
and the traffic is going to go towards my own products

Every big "guru" sells their own product first and foremost for a reason

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
You made a distinction that it can be a great platform to build an audience but you are being blinded by the quick money you could potentially make.

"Wondering" if you can make money and how much, is taking away time from you building an audience and than selling them products YOU create.

If money is an issue, get a job and work on building your business.

Also if you have good video ideas, make them, come tell us the results and get good feedback on how to proceed.

Hope that provides some insight :)

I'm not talking about gamers that promote redbull or pranksters that promote unrelated offers or stuff like that.

I mean, is there anyone here that makes youtube videos to review SAAS businesses and then put an affiliate links from that company in the videos? Does it work? Can anyone share the experience?

Today I thought of some very cool video ideas (around e-commerce) and I was wondering if putting affiliate links under the videos would work? I know its a lot of work to get subscribers and views, that's why I'm questioning this as a money making model. To make any money from views, you have to have like million views a month. I was thinking about affiliate offers from a day one.

To make it clear, I can't see a YouTube as a career for myself. But It would be cool to build an audience (just like a blog) to sell or promote some products or companies I would create.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem not any different than gamers promoting redbull. :) So only lots and lots of views would work. What do you guys think?

CrazyChris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 12, 2015
I wonder how much would one actually make from 100k subscribers.. But cool stuff. I guess there is money to be made.

That's not my channel, but I have a similar one with 100k subs.
Firstly, it's important to note that subscriber count doesn't mean shit. Active viewers is most important.

With that being said, I make about $150-$500 a month. This depends heavily on how much I upload and how much I promote shit.

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
That's not my channel, but I have a similar one with 100k subs.
Firstly, it's important to note that subscriber count doesn't mean shit. Active viewers is most important.

With that being said, I make about $150-$500 a month. This depends heavily on how much I upload and how much I promote shit.
Do you monetise only by ads or affiliate offers too? How much views(a month) do you get from 100k subs?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DtRockstar1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 21, 2015
Livonia, MI
I've had some success with Youtube, and it's a nice supplemental income. But there are people who are doing Youtube full time and that is their source of income. If it's something that you think you would enjoy and would give value to the world, I say go for it!

Chris

CrazyChris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 12, 2015
Do you monetise only by ads or affiliate offers too? How much views(a month) do you get from 100k subs?

I use ads and affiliate offers.
For ads I get about $1-$1.5 (depends on time of year) per 1000 views.
For affiliate offer, depends on the product/service.

You need to be pretty F*cking huge, and put in a ton of time, to make a decent wage.

I know a bunch of YouTubers with sub counts ranging from 200-600k. They make decent money, but still sub 6 figure.
Imo YouTube isn't fastlane unless you put in an insane amount of time and get lucky. No luck, no $.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.