The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] #AndyTalks

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
What helped me is when ia started recording in public with people around.

Hmm... something like vlogging a trip to the supermarket would be good practice.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[RESEARCH]

1) Nice little tutorial on creating videos with an iPhone:

2) Editing doesn't seem so intimidating to me now, which has opened up a world of possibilities (like doing multiple takes until I get my words right!):

3) And that Wistia blog sent me to Rand Fishkin, who I'd not normally watch because I'm not interested in SEO, but this is a great video for many reasons:

By the way, watch the little video at the end of this blog post, and see how Rand started and got polished by repetition:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[UPDATE]

There was me trying to fly under the radar until I was happy with the videos, and doing digital marketing ones.

A friend who must be in my Google+ circles mailed me last week and asked if it was correct that I had 83 people in my circles, and 156k views of my profile. I can't see that 156k views reported anywhere, but someone else confirmed it. I've no idea what those views actually mean.

The only thing on my profile last week was two of my videos on YouTube. I've since posted all videos to my profile.

Another friend in my Google+ circles must have seen Episode 5 (Getting Interviews), and he's then posted it to LinkedIn, which sent me an email alert.

I've then logged into LinkedIn to see three alerts from people liking his post.

Here's a screenshot of my phone:

RAT6gZA.png

Here's the people who liked Paul's post:
OZpOmer.png

(One's me of course!)

I personally know the Chairman of the Irish Internet Association, and he keeps telling me to lecture.

I don't know the other two personally.

I've thanked all three people for watching and liking the video, and hoped it helped them or someone they knew.

The Head of Product & Pricing for one of the big insurance brands here in Ireland PM'd me back already (at 10pm on a Sunday evening).

I looked on YouTube and here's the current views of all the videos:

U424zDi.png

LinkedIn's been good for me over the years. I can directly attribute quite a few contracts to people finding me on LinkedIn.

It's very easy to grow your network on LinkedIn. On the app on your mobile, go to the "My Network" menu, and then click the + next to people's names.

Earlier last week I had 3,300 connections.

I've been sending connection requests via my mobile all week (when I have a cup of tea for instance), and I'm up to 3,874 connections this evening.

I'm going to post that video out now to LinkedIn and see what happens.

I might as well post it to Twitter (only 100 followers I think).

I'm not sure about Facebook. I'll wait till I have a business page instead of use my personal account (which I hardly ever use anyway).

When I'm on LinkedIn, if someone endorses me, I send a PM to say thanks (not religiously, it's tricky on a mobile). I also send those suggested messages to people when they have an anniversary at work, a birthday, or get a new job.

I did that when I joined this forum too.

It always sparks up a few short conversations, and it's good for deepening the network slightly.

If I get a connection request (to me), and I accept it (always), then I try to send a thank you note for them connecting, and then ask them how their business is going (I've checked their profile so can ask about their business by name).

One connection request last week was a guy (the Head maybe?) of "Irish Times Training" (The Irish Times being a BIG national newspaper). He's just PM'd me (10pm Sunday) asking if I'd be interested in developing a "search" course for executives. I've PM'd him and will eventually point him towards my blog.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could point to a series of videos about search? :)

I'll get there...

EDIT: Well that was easy enough:

ElVTkZk.png

ZRBsaoO.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Love the thread Andy!

The part about the Blue Yeti interested me as I've considered buying one for the simplicity of a USB mic vs the Heil that everyone seems to recommend but requires a sound mixer. I didn't even think about the vibration/keyboard issue, and given anything I order from Amazon comes with a hefty shipping cost from USA to NZ it definitely helps to get things right before ordering.

I suspect if I ever did videos I'd need to learn how to apply makeup as I'm snowman-level white, to the extent even the warmest lighting probably couldn't compensate.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Wouldn't it be nice if I could point to a series of videos about search? :)

It sure would. But...

asking if I'd be interested in developing a "search" course for executives

...perhaps this is an opportunity to create your first official course with a price tag on it, and geared towards this particular audience?

Anyway, very exciting update, things are moving forward:)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Love the thread Andy!
Thanks @Veloce Grey

The part about the Blue Yeti interested me as I've considered buying one for the simplicity of a USB mic vs the Heil that everyone seems to recommend but requires a sound mixer. I didn't even think about the vibration/keyboard issue, and given anything I order from Amazon comes with a hefty shipping cost from USA to NZ it definitely helps to get things right before ordering.
My next video will be with the Blue Yeti. I haven't got all that shock-mount, mic-stand stuff sorted yet, but I won't be tapping on the keyboard a lot anyway.

The Blue Yeti is plug and play, so that's nice.

What I don't like is that you have to lean down to talk into it. Not good for my posture, and not good for your voice anyway.

I suspect if I ever did videos I'd need to learn how to apply makeup as I'm snowman-level white, to the extent even the warmest lighting probably couldn't compensate.

No man - play to your strengths! Be you.

Dye your hair white and go for it. Be "The Ghost" ... :)

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
#AndyTalks Ep 5 - Getting Interviews (The Job of Your CV)

Overall, the sound quality is good I think for this video. I notice it gets a bit loud when I looked to me left, where the lapel mic was attached. I'll maybe attach it lower down my top rather than so near my mouth.

The sound is sooo much worse for Ep 4 that I'm wondering if the mic was actually plugged in properly!

I notice I say "so" a lot!
I like the sound and video quality on this video. I didn't notice much variation in volume - I watched the video first and then read your text, and I was surprised to see your comment around that. The sound seemed realistic to me, as if you were standing in front of me. The picture quality is good - slightly shadowy from the lighting, but overall good.

I say "so" a lot too, and am trying to break that habit. Let me know if you figure out how! lol

The one thing that struck me is maybe have a stronger hook in the beginning. I feel like you give it starting around 1:05; but you may want to lead with a strong, interesting hook in the first 20 seconds - why should I sit and listen to you for 15 minutes? The video content was good, but especially for such a common topic - CVs, interviews, etc. - you need a way to draw the listener in.

BTW, kudos for not rambling for the first 10 minutes. I really despise it when I want to watch a video on a certain topic and I have to slog through 10 minutes of comments on the weather, their latest sales pitch, what an unrelated video series is about, where their mother is from, what they had for breakfast... Neither do I like long introductions where they take their sweet time introducing the topic and tell me nothing I didn't glean from the title and byline.

D

Deleted20833

What I noticed from people who create YouTube channels that get big (as far as the personality route is concern)
is that they all have a signature "blank"

Tai Lopez = books & lamborghini
Grant Cardone = Sales, Sales, Sales
Gary Vaynerchuk = Hustle & Bravado

etc. etc.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like the sound and video quality on this video. I didn't notice much variation in volume - I watched the video first and then read your text, and I was surprised to see your comment around that. The sound seemed realistic to me, as if you were standing in front of me. The picture quality is good - slightly shadowy from the lighting, but overall good.
Thanks @StompingAcorns

I noticed the sound slightly when I turned my head, and I could see the spikes when I imported the video and audio into Camtasia to edit it (to cut off the ends and do fade from/to black).

I say "so" a lot too, and am trying to break that habit. Let me know if you figure out how! lol

We'll see how I get on. Apparently, with practice, a part of our attention can get to "observe" ourselves and direct ourselves a bit better.

The one thing that struck me is maybe have a stronger hook in the beginning. I feel like you give it starting around 1:05; but you may want to lead with a strong, interesting hook in the first 20 seconds - why should I sit and listen to you for 15 minutes? The video content was good, but especially for such a common topic - CVs, interviews, etc. - you need a way to draw the listener in.

Yes. I agree with this 100%. I'm already bored of "Hi, this is Andy Black. In this video..." I'm really saying that to get my mouth going, but I don't need to include it in the actual video.

I'll come back one day and redo this video, and see if I can get people hooked within 8 seconds, and get the video down to 5 minutes or under.

BTW, kudos for not rambling for the first 10 minutes. I really despise it when I want to watch a video on a certain topic and I have to slog through 10 minutes of comments on the weather, their latest sales pitch, what an unrelated video series is about, where their mother is from, what they had for breakfast... Neither do I like long introductions where they take their sweet time introducing the topic and tell me nothing I didn't glean from the title and byline.

It never even entered my mind to ramble for this one. I knew I had a lot to cover, and wanted to keep the video short(ish). That maybe put a bit too much pressure on myself to go too fast.

Having the ability to edit videos on my PC now has suddenly opened up new ways of doing things... I don't have to do everything in one take, and I can split a 15 minute video down into 5 x 3 minute ones.

It's making it much less intimidating to start a video now, so hopefully that will help me create them more regularly. Saying that, this week is chocka with calls with leads and clients, and then the coal-face work on client campaigns.

It's funny, but I'm itching to do another flip-chart video now, but my next one is going to be a screencast with my Blue Yeti. (Hopefully this afternoon if I can clear the decks.)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What I noticed from people who create YouTube channels that get big (as far as the personality route is concern) is that they all have a signature "blank"

Tai Lopez = books & lamborghini
Grant Cardone = Sales, Sales, Sales
Gary Vaynerchuk = Hustle & Bravado

etc. etc.
Thanks for the input @HugoMoreno

I'm confident I'll find my own voice over time - so long as I just keep the cadence up.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[UPDATE]

Bought a "video sweater". Ha!

8 likes on episode 5 (Getting Interviews) that was shared on LinkedIn. Most are from people I personally know, which is interesting. They see I've created a video, so they watch it (curiosity, or because they already know, like, and trust me?).

That video's already helped a few of them who're in the process of looking for jobs. I've ended up with a few people emailing me their CVs to look over, so I really want to get my next few videos done as it should help them, and will stop me repeating myself. I know I'll get this done soon, because I want to help them get jobs... I know that feeling of looking at never-ending bills and not knowing where the next pay-check will come from.

I've got my first follower on Snapchat. Thank you! :notworthy: So this morning I was fumbling around on it trying to be informative and useful. Just having one follower/friend is enough to often kick you into action. (In case you want to see me fiddling on that platform too, then you can follow AndyBlack10. I'm also AndyBlack10 on Twitter and Periscope. Why AndyBlack10? AndyBlack was gone, and my kids loved Ben10.)

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
[UPDATE]

(In case you want to see me fiddling on that platform too, then you can follow AndyBlack10. I'm also AndyBlack10 on Twitter and Periscope. Why AndyBlack10? AndyBlack was gone, and my kids loved Ben10.)

Looing forward to your Video sweater and your stories on Snapchat! It started off good this morning!

CSRelentless

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks @Veloce Grey

My next video will be with the Blue Yeti. I haven't got all that shock-mount, mic-stand stuff sorted yet, but I won't be tapping on the keyboard a lot anyway.

The Blue Yeti is plug and play, so that's nice.

What I don't like is that you have to lean down to talk into it. Not good for my posture, and not good for your voice anyway.

No man - play to your strengths! Be you.

Dye your hair white and go for it. Be "The Ghost" ... :)

I have the same exact setup, same mic, stand and pop filter. I use it for rap vocals though, it is a really good mic for being plug and play, and I also use acoustic foam to help with echo and sound reflection coming in from the back of the mic.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
[UPDATE]

May it one day attain the same fame as Eben Pagan's blue shirt!

One thing I always noted about his videos produced at home was he got the lighting/sound/dress bang on. No distracting patterns, just a clean, coloured shirt. He eventually branched out from famous old bluey to different colours but always plain without logos or patterns.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have the same exact setup, same mic, stand and pop filter. I use it for rap vocals though, it is a really good mic for being plug and play, and I also use acoustic foam to help with echo and sound reflection coming in from the back of the mic.
Thanks for the tip about the acoustic foam @CSRelentless.

I'll tackle that after I've done my first screencast with the Blue Yeti. Still not done due to being swamped with client work, but I'm rearranging onsite work for offsite work which is really going to help.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
May it one day attain the same fame as Eben Pagan's blue shirt!

One thing I always noted about his videos produced at home was he got the lighting/sound/dress bang on. No distracting patterns, just a clean, coloured shirt. He eventually branched out from famous old bluey to different colours but always plain without logos or patterns.
Thanks for the input @Veloce Grey.

I picked up a navy blue sweater, with the smallest logo I could find.

A block of colour to not distract viewers, and so the camera doesn't get stressed trying to keep up with stripes or checks.

Also, the darker colour was because I spotted in the last video (005), that my hands stood out more when I was waving them about.

Of course, I'd thought of a black shirt given my name, but thought that might be a bit too cheesy, plus I don't want to wear a shirt for each video as it just adds another bit of friction to getting the videos done.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[UPDATE]

Darn it, no video last week, and I'm on client sites or in meetings a lot this week.

On the plus side, a long-running contract (3.5 years) where I'm onsite a day a week, has today switched to an hour a day offsite.

This is great as I am more in control of my time, and I can potentially outsource some of the regular daily checks, reporting, and adjustments.

I'm slowly moving things about so I can put some regular video time into my calendar.

In the meantime, I'm doing regular little Snapchat videos throughout the day. It's interesting to do, and to watch other people for ideas. It's also liberating to concentrate so much on the message rather than the presentation.

I'm averaging one YouTube video per week, and that's not fast enough. I do need to up the cadence, but I'm laying foundations at the minute so am not too disappointed.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[UPDATE]

If you want to go further, move faster.

(^^^ I just made that up, but it's pretty good!)

I've not posted any YouTube videos recently, but wow... Snapchat is sooo addictive, because it's so easy.

It's incredible how quick you learn when you're posting short (hopefully sharp) clips, and every few hours.

The frictionless nature of it has me moving so fast I need to slow it down a bit.

Learnings so far:
  1. Even with only 4 followers you get great feedback on what people like, which steers you to doing more of it.

2. Just because the maximum time a photo shows is 10 seconds doesn't mean you have to make it show for 10 seconds (duh). I did a series of 1 second photos of me walking from one place to another to test a "time-lapse" style story.

3. No worries. You don't have to publish it anyway, and if you do, it's gone in 24 hours. This is a BIG deal for Snapchat, and takes a while to get your head around, but then feels 100% natural, because ... well ... it IS 100% natural. Our everyday life isn't being recorded for posterity!

4. Again, just because a video can be 10 seconds, doesn't mean you have to fill the full 10 seconds.

5. Said something right? CUT! Then publish to your storyline. Say your next thing. It's been an AHA moment to learn I don't have to keep flowing into the next thought and sentence. This will be good for longer videos where I'll be cutting out the rehearsals.

6. When it's frictionless, you *want* to do more, and have to put the brakes on a bit.

7. I've already got good feedback on what people like, that can direct the longer and more polished videos I'll do later (did I just say my previous videos were polished?).

8. Even in this early stage, people seem interested in my lifestyle outside of the 9-5 cubicle world, my thinking when I'm working on client accounts, and stuff about me appreciating being my own boss. It would have been hard to predict a lot of what's resonating, because it's my normal day-to-day, and I don't know what's not normal anymore.

9. It's like a flip has switched and all the thoughts are starting to jostle to get out. I think I need to plan it a bit better. Maybe have a daily theme - one thing that I want to focus on that day, and if I have any other ideas, then I add them into my calendar for another day (which will stop them from trying to interrupt until they're due).

TL;DR

Good progress, but you can't see it in here because it's all going on ... on The Snapchat!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
#AndyTalks 006 - A Day On Snapchat

I've been on Snapchat for a couple of weeks now. It's so frictionless and fun that making short videos isn't a chore, but is a pleasure.

The longest you can do a video is 10 seconds, but you can string together a few and add them to your story so you can get across more information.

It might be that for longer conversations, I do a live Periscope, and then tell people on Snapchat that I've done a Periscope and to check it out if they want to learn more about XYZ.

Even just being on Snapchat for a week, I am already infinitely more comfortable doing selfie videos, and want to do more.

I've only a handful of followers, but engagement is very high as they let me know what they liked from that day, or if they found anything helpful.

The benefits of doing these short videos on any old subject (including walking to and from the gym) is that some clips resonate with people, and they're about stuff I wouldn't have dreamt of doing a more formal YouTube video about.

Loving Snapchat so far.

It's unexpectedly turning a little bit into a vlog of me growing my business (which of course involves providing marketing advice to other businesses), as well as juggling being a dad and husband.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
#AndyTalks 007 - Car Studio

I see many Periscopes being done in cars. People waiting outside schools to pick up their kids, doing quick Q&As or recording content.

So I bought a €5 little holder for my iPhone. With some map or sat nav app, it will stop me getting lost in Dublin too!

The sound is pretty good with the inbuilt mic, and I'm parked close enough to the house to pick up the Wifi. So maybe I can park near some hotel between client meetings, pick up their Wifi, and do a daily scope or something.

PS: This was all done on my phone. The video, editing with iMovie to cut off the ends and to fade from/to black, uploading to YouTube, editing on YouTube, then embedding into this post in the forum.

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Damn the car audio quality is smooth for an iPhone.

Love the idea of the the scopes, maybe you could even do a weekly one.
Collect emails as a register for the event/link. Get them excited and ready to tune in to learn.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Damn the car audio quality is smooth for an iPhone.

Love the idea of the the scopes, maybe you could even do a weekly one.
Collect emails as a register for the event/link. Get them excited and ready to tune in to learn.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestion @Aaron W

What I find out about all Periscopes I've joined (bar one), is that the host waits at the start for people to join, and then chatters to people who're joining, and then doesn't stay on topic.

I'm following @Joshuavdbroek (his handle on Snapchat, Twitter, and Periscope), and he's doing something smart of hopping on Periscope, recording his content pretty much before anyone joins, and then hopping off. He then tells his followers in Snapchat and Twitter that the video is available if they want to watch it. I will watch them because I know he's not going to waste my time like so many of the others do.

Collecting emails, signups, and followers will come later on for me. At the minute I'm just trying to get untangled so I can start producing content faster, and get more comfortable on camera. I'm looking forward to ramping up that stage. :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[UPDATE]

I've been following @AndrewNC 's Limitless thread as he's getting into a nice rhythm producing videos.

We've been chatting every now and then for over a year now, and much more recently as we swap notes on creating videos, marketing, and business in general.

We've always kicked ourselves that we didn't record any of these chats as parts might have helped other people.

Well, I have this Blue Yeti mic lying around, so Andrew's recorded the last couple of chats and published the following on his thread (click to expand and get the link to a snippet from our latest chat where I talk about my session with the branding consultant).

Hope it helps!

Another conversation recorded with @Andy Black

Speaking with a branding specialist about his business - lessons learned.
  • Who is your ideal client?
  • What are your company values?
  • What is the mission of your company?
  • How do you want your clients to feel after they've met you?
  • What do your customers want? The benefits of your product or service to them?
  • What do you leave behind with your prospects after you are gone?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/limitless-podcast/andy-e2.mp3

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
#AndyTalks 008 - Sales Pitch Post-mortem (My First Periscope)

Haha. This was so much fun.

I didn't even know how to turn the scope off at the end.

I dropped the video into this thread:

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Hind sight is always 20/20, you are doing a good job with your postmortom. When you are in thrust into such situations often we tend to react on instinct rather than think clearly. I'm sure that your solicitor client has enough years under his belt and was able to understand that you were nervous. You will get better at it.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Oh by the way 2c isn't cold, that might be our day time high today. that's when windows open, convertible tops go down, jackets and layers come off.....

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hind sight is always 20/20, you are doing a good job with your postmortom. When you are in thrust into such situations often we tend to react on instinct rather than think clearly. I'm sure that your solicitor client has enough years under his belt and was able to understand that you were nervous. You will get better at it.

Thanks for the feedback @Buickestate

I wasn't nervous tbh, but I was confused afterwards as to why it felt like a pitch when I normally don't "pitch" at all.

I'd like to do more actually. Same as when I used to enjoy doing interviews, and would turn the tables on them. :)

Oh by the way 2c isn't cold, that might be our day time high today. that's when windows open, convertible tops go down, jackets and layers come off.....
Haha. Yeah, I guess 2c is nice for some. I expect that's nice and warm for most of the Russians live on the scope.

I was working in the playroom/office last week in the evenings and noticed it was -2c by the time I was heading to bed. I had a head cold last week because of it, so no more working late.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.