The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dont Quit Your Job If Your Broke!!

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
Seeing a lot of young guys on here that just up and quit there slowlane job with no resources because they think that's the first step to success as a fastlaner.

THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING THIS

Pros
- You have a shit ton of free time to work with.
- Maybe if your creative as hell you might have a shot at achieving something.
- I read those threads for the amusement.

Cons
- Your broke as shit
- Coming on here bitching about your ex boss or coworkers will get you no where.
- Your don't have the resources to start your venture, Everything takes capital,
- No one will take you seriously
- You will more then likely waste your time jerking off and playing video games.

Even if you do create instant success, wealth does not come in a day or a week or a month.

Rant done.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'd suggest if you're broke then quitting a job is the last thing you should do... not because of the usual "you need a backup plan... money to support you..." kind of thing, but because of something much bigger.

If you have a job and you are broke then this is a sign that you can't manage your money. If you can't manage someone paying you money, it's likely it's going to be a whole lot harder to manage yourself to even make it in the first place.

On top of that and you're broke doing the job you have and haven't been working your butt off all the spare hours you have to make money so you're not broke then I'd question you have it in you to have the grind to truly make it out there on your own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eldi4n

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Dec 12, 2015
Italy
Seeing a lot of young guys on here that just up and quit there slowlane job with no resources because they think that's the first step to success as a fastlaner.

THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING THIS

Pros
- You have a shit ton of free time to work with.
- Maybe if your creative as hell you might have a shot at achieving something.
- I read those threads for the amusement.

Cons
- Your broke as shit
- Coming on here bitching about your ex boss or coworkers will get you no where.
- Your don't have the resources to start your venture, Everything takes capital,
- No one will take you seriously
- You will more then likely waste your time jerking off and playing video games.

Even if you do create instant success, wealth does not come in a day or a week or a month.

Rant done.

Hello RunWithIt

I agree with your point of view.
i want to spend some words on that, just because i'm involved with a slowlane job.

If they are like me, and most of other people in the world (well,the ones who have the fortune to live in richest areas) , maybe they have a house, a car, a wife, a dog or a parent(S) to take care of.
Well. Those thing are, First of all, debts. (ok maybe parents and pets aren't) :D
Debts are responsibilities.
Responsibilities comes from choices you had make.
And like Mj said in his book, there is no hurry to quit your job. Quitting is not what ignite the engine and pushes your a$$ through the process.
First of all i think you need to recognize your faults and your bad choices, accept the present and work on it, step by step.
If you have some kind of debt, well, quitting your job will only drive you under a bridge.
I think is a better choice to start save the most you can from your job and during the free time work on yourself and on your business.
When your business is strong enough, when you can survive just with it, this is the time i will take in consideration the idea to quit.
This is just my opinion. ;)

Thanks for reading and sorry if i have done some grammar mistakes. :banghead:

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
Hello RunWithIt

I agree with your point of view.
i want to spend some words on that, just because i'm involved with a slowlane job.

If they are like me, and most of other people in the world (well,the ones who have the fortune to live in richest areas) , maybe they have a house, a car, a wife, a dog or a parent(S) to take care of.
Well. Those thing are, First of all, debts. (ok maybe parents and pets aren't) :D
Debts are responsibilities.
Responsibilities comes from choices you had make.
And like Mj said in his book, there is no hurry to quit your job. Quitting is not what ignite the engine and pushes your a$$ through the process.
First of all i think you need to recognize your faults and your bad choices, accept the present and work on it, step by step.
If you have some kind of debt, well, quitting your job will only drive you under a bridge.
I think is a better choice to start save the most you can from your job and during the free time work on yourself and on your business.
When your business is strong enough, when you can survive just with it, this is the time i will take in consideration the idea to quit.
This is just my opinion. ;)

Thanks for reading and sorry if i have done some grammar mistakes. :banghead:

I am currently working a slowlane job as well, I work after hours on my fastlane ventures.

Some guys on here think to go all in and maybe that's not a bad idea if your very sure you can wing it, personally though I will not quit my slowlane job until I am making equal, close to equal or more than I currently make at my slowlane job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.