The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Could you recommend a sourcing agent?

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Hey there all, I am looking a for a sourcing agent who could help me with orders of a less than $1k

All need is to make sure the product is packaged properly to where they are not damaged mid shipment

I know of a few sourcing agents that have a good rep but they all required orders of $5k+

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hey there all, I am looking a for a sourcing agent who could help me with orders of a less than $1k

All need is to make sure the product is packaged properly to where they are not damaged mid shipment

I know of a few sourcing agents that have a good rep but they all required orders of $5k+
You don't need a sourcing agent, you need a quality inspection service.

There is no lower limit on order sizes they will inspect, but the cost will be as much as 25% to 35% of the order value if it is below $1,000. See my AMA where I have listed a number of reliable inspection services.

For QC on such small orders it is important to be very specific about what you require. You can ask the supplier to send photos of the goods being packed, so that you can see if the packaging is appropriate.

Specifying packaging and other quality standards as part of your payment process can be the most effective QC of all. To achieve that, you need to get the supplier to agree to accept payment via escrow.com. You may have to offer to pay their bank fees to persuade them to accept that. On small orders, escrow.com charge as follows:
$500 10.0%
$1,000 5.7%

It is worth making sure the shipment value reaches $1,000, because fees on $999 will cost you a lot more than the fees on $1,000. See my AMA also where I explain why this is the best QC you can get.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Quality inspection service in ningbo, Guangzhou area around 15 % , now I'm using them

Sent from my EVERCOSS A66S using Tapatalk
On orders above $1,000 the % works out a lot less than 15%. I was only referring to small orders. If you are paying 15% on an order worth over $2,000 you are definitely paying too much.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.