The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Illustration time-lapse for my card game startup

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
INSIDERS know about Poor Choices the game due to my progress thread. For those that aren't INSIDERS, I wanted to share with you a time-lapse video for one of the characters in the game. Neil, my illustrator, did me a favor and recorded himself creating a pirate using Adobe Illustrator. It's not directly business related, but I thought I'd share it for those of you that like time-lapses or are looking for a graphic designer.

I just launched my Facebook page, and could use some help getting my first 25 followers. For those of you who still have a Facebook account, could you do me a favor and like my page? The URL is:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Poor-Choices/1625880400957415

I have two more time-lapses I'll post soon. One is slightly embarrassing. I'm sure you'll spot it if you've been on my website http://poorchoicesgame.com.

My illustrator's website can be found at http://thelazyfox.co.uk and I'd recommend him for any graphics work you need done. He is truly amazing.

Royalty free music by http://www.bensound.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
tiny typo on website TEAM section for animation guy. I'm the incredibly versitle 3D master and 2D video animator. I'd love to tell you more, but I'm way too busy to write a real bio.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
tiny typo on website TEAM section for animation guy. I'm the incredibly versitle 3D master and 2D video animator. I'd love to tell you more, but I'm way too busy to write a real bio.
Haha, thanks man. I fixed that about 30 minutes ago, but must have not uploaded the changes. Thanks!

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 1, 2015
This is an awesome concept wade1mil. Impressed with your website however I noticed you don't have Google Analytics setup on your website.

Mass

It's about time
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2015
United Kingdom
I know a few guys who play Card Games similar to yours in the UK. If you ever want to see what reception it would get in the UK just let me know.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
This is an awesome concept wade1mil. Impressed with your website however I noticed you don't have Google Analytics setup on your website.
Yeah, I was more concerned with getting the website finished. I'll add that in a minute, although this is my first time using Google Analytics. Hopefully it's not too daunting. I have it setup in Google, I just haven't included the PHP file with code yet.
I know a few guys who play Card Games similar to yours in the UK. If you ever want to see what reception it would get in the UK just let me know.
Awesome, cheers mate ;) I'll keep that in mind once I get some prototypes. My illustrator is from the UK too. He has a close friend that works for an online publication over there. I'll be sending each of them a prototype as soon as they're printed.

I'm going to work hard to make the game relevant in the UK and Australia as well as the US. I've even thought about having a US, UK and Australian version of the phrase on each card. It might be interesting to see how each country says the same thing. Might be overkill though.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love the concept and how you are executing it thus far. You gotta be excited at how it is materializing. No matter if it succeeds or not, you should be proud of what you accomplished here. Looking forward to seeing how the market responds! Thread(s) watched.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Love the concept and how you are executing it thus far. You gotta be excited at how it is materializing. No matter if it succeeds or not, you should be proud of what you accomplished here. Looking forward to seeing how the market responds! Thread(s) watched.
Thanks MJ. Means a lot :)

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
He did good! The subtle shading is tricky to do in Illustrator (compared to pixel painting) but it's a good looking style for games.

Last edited:

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
Sweet, my final freelance project was for a card game, they can be fun.

Also, a good friend had a card game funded on kick starter super quick. Not sure about the detail$, but he seems happy with the outcome.

Since you already have the graphics, you could also make a mobile game version one day.

Best of luck on it!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Here is a time-lapse of the mad scientist for the game. I'm just about done ordering the prototypes for the game, and I'll be sending them to journalists and bloggers. If you know anyone interested in either writing a review or buying the game when it comes out, I'm just getting started with social media:

Last edited:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm in a mastermind / accountability group with @wade1mil (and 2 others) and he has been kicking a$$ and working non stop lately.

I've helped him a little with a little bit of the game and so far I think it could be a pretty huge hit.

Rep/money transferred!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
At least he gave you big feet!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I hired a 3D animator to create a few videos for marketing purposes. He took the 2D illustration of the cheerleader and modeled, rigged, rendered and animated this short intro clip. We're currently working on a marketing piece with the scientist announcing the 50 copy giveaway of the game. Let me know what you think of the animation, and please share the giveaway with anyone you know that likes games :)

2D:
cheerleader.jpg

3D:

JDawg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Dec 31, 2015
United States
I just checked out the website & seriously love the idea.

You've got some real potential here. Hope you kill it with the kickstarter campaign!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Two new time-lapses of people that backed the "be a character" reward on the Kickstarter:

Viking (adult version)

Actor (standard version)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!