The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New biz trials and tribulations

Davel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2016
Phoenix
Hey Fastlaners, want to get a fun/informative thread going. Obviously many of you are very successful entrepreneurs, but you didn't start out that way. Whatever your business is, there was probably a learning curve in the business world for you. I'm hoping to start a discussion on some of your trials and tribulations you experienced when you first started your business, as well as how long it took you to really start making enough money to support your lifestyle.

For example, some of the mistakes you made when you first started (could be humorous or terrifying), some of the things you thought you were an expert in, but realized you were actually more of an amateur, etc...

I'll start it off. For me, my biggest obstacle was marketing. When I first started, I thought that all I had to do was set up a website and people would "magically" find out about my business (service industry, not a product). We were on the FOURTH page of google when you typed in my EXACT COMPANY NAME! And I still thought people would find us. I was so afraid to "pester" people by marketing, that I would go out at midnight when there weren't people around and try to find places to put flyers. I would friend random people on Facebook and message them a quick "ad" about my company (got banned from Facebook for over a month for too much spamming, haha).
Definitely got things straightened out now, but still got a long way to go.

*I tried to search for a thread like this, so if this already exists I apologize for repeating it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.