The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How long did it take your to make your first 10k a month?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Miridian09

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 19, 2016
UK
As I'm trying to motivate myself as much as possible. I feel as though being jealous of someone else is a very good way of making motivating myself.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
As I'm trying to motivate myself as much as possible. I feel as though being jealous of someone else is a very good way of making motivating myself.

Thanks

Making 0.5-1 dollar passive income this month which is infinity more than the previous month. I hope it is still motivating. My guess is if you find away to make 5 dollars passive income a month you would be well on your way to making 10000.

Miridian09

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 19, 2016
UK
Making 0.5-1 dollar passive income this month which is infinity more than the previous month. I hope it is still motivating. My guess is if you find away to make 5 dollars passive income a month you would be well on your way to making 10000.

Yeah I feel what you mean but the problem is that I always feel comfortable making the amount of money I'm making. Before I got shut down by PayPal (not being 18 yo) I felt very comfortable at $15 a day and couldn't really get further than that tbh.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Yeah I feel what you mean but the problem is that I always feel comfortable making the amount of money I'm making. Before I got shut down by PayPal (not being 18 yo) I felt very comfortable at $15 a day and couldn't really get further than that tbh.

Find a way a round it. Not sure if you could set up an LTD or use a different money processing site. I would guess you need to focus on scale. How can I get my business to reach more people? You may realise that your niche is limited and you need to change it.

Anyway, sounds like you are doing very well just keep going. Do not give up.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK

If you're under 18 then speak to your mum/dad and ask them to set up an account and use that. Problem Solved.

You don't just wake up one day and BOOM you're making £10,000 a month.

As others said, it starts with the first £1 then £10 then £100 then £250 etc... if you keep at it one day you'll be at that £10,000 mark and beyond.

And jealousy gets you no where. Admiration however, that's okay. But before that, take a good look at what this "someone else" is doing. Do they really have it all? Are they worthy of jealousy or are they just a sidewalker? Read TMFL..... and don't look at others for too long, you've got work to do....

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
My first $10k a month came from employment but business wise -

Revenue or profit?

I've got a 7 week old that just crossed $7k in 30 day sales.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

No. This is the wrong attitude. What are you doing to make $0.5-1 PER month? Even if it's passive, so what, you can now buy half a candy bar? I'm not pointing you out, exclusively, but I am pointing out a trend I've seen recently that makes my blood boil.

I used to be a member of the Passive Income community on Facebook. The post that made me leave? Some guy was patting himself on the back for making $1.50 "passively" from his "web properties." I instantly quit.

Look, guys, stop chasing this "passive" income pipe dream. It's bullshit. No one ever got "rich" passively. The "Fastlane" is not "passive." The Fastlane is working hard (and smart) to produce a HIGH INCOME, sustainable, business. You can only get to a passive, WEALTHY income by working hard for it, establishing systems and processes, and building your MACHINE to work without you.

If I hear one more person bragging they made $1.00 "passively," I'm going to slap them into the netherworld. I can put out an e-book and out sell your $1.00 "passive" income 1000 to 1. Stop chasing the white rabbit. It's a myth.

/rant off

The first $10k/month I made was I built a PRODUCT people wanted, and I started using advertising. The first $10k wasn't hard, the failure, trial, and process of getting there was.

It's not HARD to make $10k online. It really isn't, and the formula how to do so is written all over this forum and every internet marketing book out there. You just have to want it bad enough to take risks, and work HARD enough to get there (and beyond). How bad do you want it?

Last edited:

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
No. This is the wrong attitude. What are you doing to make $0.5-1 PER month? Even if it's passive, so what, you can now buy half a candy bar? I'm not pointing you out, exclusively, but I am pointing out a trend I've seen recently that makes my blood boil.

I used to be a member of the Passive Income community on Facebook. The post that made me leave? Some guy was patting himself on the back for making $1.50 "passively" from his "web properties." I instantly quit.

Look, guys, stop chasing this "passive" income pipe dream. It's bullshit. No one ever got "rich" passively. The "Fastlane" is not "passive." The Fastlane is working hard (and smart) to produce a HIGH INCOME, sustainable, business. You can only get to a passive, WEALTHY income by working hard for it, establishing systems and processes, and building your MACHINE to work without you.

If I hear one more person bragging they made $1.00 "passively," I'm going to slap them into the netherworld. I can put out an e-book and out sell your $1.00 "passive" income 1000 to 1. Stop chasing the white rabbit. It's a myth.

/rant off

The first $10k/month I made was I built a PRODUCT people wanted, and I started using advertising. The first $10k wasn't hard, the failure, trial, and process of getting there was.

It's not HARD to make $10k online. It really isn't, and the formula how to do so is written all over this forum and every internet marketing book out there. You just have to want it bad enough to take risks, and work HARD enough to get there (and beyond). How bad do you want it?

I appreciate you mean well. But you have to start somewhere. Yeah for you 1 dollar might be nothing. But for me it is my first dollar made on the internet. It means something different.

Ok, a dollar a month forever is not going to make any one rich. The importance of course is exponential growth. It also depends a lot on what you are doing.

But my feeling about all this all, the battle for me primary is to have the time to do what I want to do, therefore passive income is of primary importance. I want to create systems that bring me in consistent income with minimal input from me. I require a very modest amount and I hope to acquire it in the next 1-5 years.

I would also take issue with saying you have to work HARD. You have to work SMART. You have to have a scale-able business and be able to sell consistently and successfully to your audience. How you do it, is your own business unless it does not work in which case you are penniless. I would say a lot of people do work HARD, but that is optional rather than mandatory.

Anyway, I am not discounting your points, I think they are valid and come from a good place.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I spent a year taking zero from the business so that the business could fund the business. If you put too much pressure on taking money out of the business, you'll deprive it of oxygen. That's why they say either start it as a sideline business, or have some money in the bank before you start. You will choke the life out of the business if you try and force it to produce an income before the business is capable of throwing off money.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
No. This is the wrong attitude.
Agreed, so sick of these terms like "residual income" "passive income", etc. As far as i'm concerned, these terms were birthed from the MLM community and too many folks are using them in the Fastlane circles as well. If you can start a business that makes one hell of a living, and you have to actively manage it for 5-10 years, then so be it. Stop looking for the "Golden Ticket".

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I appreciate you mean well. But you have to start somewhere. Yeah for you 1 dollar might be nothing. But for me it is my first dollar made on the internet. It means something different.

What I am saying is, if you are only making $1 a month, you are not working smart. You are probably following some sort of passive income blue print that is broken.

Not taking money from a business in its infancy is one thing, but thinking $1 a month will lead to $100,000 a month, in your life time, is a fallacy. Find a better/faster course.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Passive income is like getting in really good shape at the gym...and then you stop working out.

What happens when you stop working out?

Yeah, you look good for a while, but the things you worked begin to melt away...and you'll be back where you started.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Either way - if you want to get in shape, you're going to have to put in the work.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Passive income is like getting in really good shape at the gym...and then you stop working out.

What happens when you stop working out?

Yeah, you look good for a while, but the things you worked begin to melt away...and you'll be back where you started.

Either way - if you want to get in shape, you're going to have to put in the work.
That is perfect, and can vouch for validity in both the fitness side and the "passive income" side.

While working on other projects and mostly leaving self-publishing behind, there was a steady decline in income until it leveled off at a "baseline" (roughly 10% of what I was making).

A

ANON29512

10k/mo revenue in 2015 August
10k/mo profit (before expenses) hmm... maybe now in February :)

Started in 2015 March.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
It took me from 35 months, from Oct 2007 to Sep 2010.
And this is the protocol for fastlane I would say. The fastlane is not a get rich quick scheme, or deliver a shitty product to earn 10 bucks a month ''passively''. It's about helping the people so much that they would pay you for it time and time again. Yeah, it feels great to earn 10k a month, but for me it's all about helping people and personal growth.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
profit (before expenses)
wat

Thats like all those startups reporting fancy headlines in fancy startup magazines that they are finally cash flow positive (before marketing costs), after burning through bazillions of VC monies. Always makes me lel.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015

Thanks

I totally get where you're coming from with this question. One thing sticks out for me, though - you say that feeling jealous might be a good way of motivating yourself. I'd suggest looking from another perspective if you're looking for motivation. Looking to feel jealous puts all of the focus on you. You're trying to motivate yourself by making yourself feel bad.

No-one is ever motivated by anything that makes them feel bad or that they're not good enough. Sure it might work for a day, but it will soon get boring.

I would suggest looking at it from another perspective. Take the money out of it right now. Look for the motivation in the challenge of finding out how you can serve people... and make sure it's not one person who is going to buy twice a year. Make sure it's something that you can earn money from consistently.

Many people get frustrated and demoralised when they don't immediately see results from their research. My advice? See it as a part of the game. Look to cross all the options off as quickly as possible so you get to where you want to go. Keep going like that and you'll get there and also have a huge amount of knowledge from all the research you've done on the way!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
A

ANON29512

wat

Thats like all those startups reporting fancy headlines in fancy startup magazines that they are finally cash flow positive (before marketing costs), after burning through bazillions of VC monies. Always makes me lel.

I would say after all our business and personal living expenses our net profit is 5-6k/mo. :)

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
That is perfect, and can vouch for validity in both the fitness side and the "passive income" side.

While working on other projects and mostly leaving self-publishing behind, there was a steady decline in income until it leveled off at a "baseline" (roughly 10% of what I was making).

Yes! I experienced this exact thing in self-publishing, too. I have been working on something else, and it has just gradually dwindled down to only about 10% (max!) of what I was making before. Money is money, of course, but I'm glad that wasn't my long-term plan.

So true.

I haven't gotten to 10k/mo yet, but I can see clearly how I could have in the past, and will this year. I think if someone is really focused and has a good product and strategy going into the game, they could do it in a few weeks - months at most. That's probably the exception, though. A more realistic expectation for a beginner is 1-2 years.

It's not about how fast for me. Making a few thousand is better than $0. It doesn't happen over night. But if you keep working, you gradually make more and more. And eventually, if you've got the right idea, you could make well over the 10k that you set as a goal.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
The whole "passive" concept is great and all, but for me, the idea of building a business from the ground up is far more appealing - even if that means manning the beast 8+ hours a day for a couple of years.

Don't get me wrong, to get to that Fastlane status, I know I'd need to eventually detach myself from the business, but to focus solely on passive ways from the onset is quite dangerous IMO.

Almost as dangerous as following your passion... It limits you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.