The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Never, never, never ever...

Anything related to matters of the mind

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I thought I'd share a blog post I wrote about a year and a half ago.

===============

I recently read a great speech by Sir Winston Churchill titled "Never Give In". This famous inspiring speech was delivered at his old school - Harrow School - on 29th October 1941.

This has been one of the most quoted speeches, however it has been distorted from it's original content. The myth is that Churchill stood before the students and only said, "Never, never, never, never, never, never, ever, give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up." Then he sat down. In reality, he made a complete speech that included words similar to what are often quoted.

This speech was delivered shortly after the Blitz and things were looking up a bit for Britain. Here is the relevant part of the speech: "But for everyone, surely, what we have gone through in this period -- I am addressing myself to the School -- surely from this period of ten months, this is the lesson: "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

There is a reason why this is one of the most quoted speeches. It very inspiring and uplifting. I was encouraged reading it and thought you would enjoy it as well.

Now, I would like to offer my own encouragement to you as an entrepreneur, a small business owner or a service professional. Never, never, never, ever give up! Keep fighting the good fight. Keep pressing toward the goal. Continue to expand your knowledge and your skill sets. Set yourself, your business apart from your competition. Provide immense value to your client and to the world. Service your clients with excellence. Continue with the American Dream.

Pour out everything! Pour out your wit, your wisdom, skills, character and integrity. Pour out your passion, your knowledge, your insights and abilities. Pour out that fire, your true grit, your guts. Pour out your influence, excitement, energy, your determination and commitment. - Pour out your heart.

Leave Nothing On The Table!

===============

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Or what society deems is normal, when you know in your heart, it isn't for you.

Thanks for posting.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I get goose bumps whenever I hear this dudes speeches along with some classical music. Powerful stuff.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I can see how it can be so popular. It is very uplifting and encouraging stuff.

The part in BOLD got in on my soft spot... right on time.

I thought I'd share a blog post I wrote about a year and a half ago. It is the most visited page on my site, the most commented post and tweeted & retweeted thousands of times. Not to blow my own horn but show that many people have received value from it so I wanted to share it here.

===============

I recently read a great speech by Sir Winston Churchill titled "Never Give In". This famous inspiring speech was delivered at his old school - Harrow School - on 29th October 1941.

This has been one of the most quoted speeches, however it has been distorted from it's original content. The myth is that Churchill stood before the students and only said, "Never, never, never, never, never, never, ever, give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up." Then he sat down. In reality, he made a complete speech that included words similar to what are often quoted.

This speech was delivered shortly after the Blitz and things were looking up a bit for Britain. Here is the relevant part of the speech: "But for everyone, surely, what we have gone through in this period -- I am addressing myself to the School -- surely from this period of ten months, this is the lesson: Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

There is a reason why this is one of the most quoted speeches. It very inspiring and uplifting. I was encouraged reading it and thought you would enjoy it as well.

Now, I would like to offer my own encouragement to you as an entrepreneur, a small business owner or a service professional. Never, never, never, ever give up! Keep fighting the good fight. Keep pressing toward the goal. Continue to expand your knowledge and your skill sets. Set yourself, your business apart from your competition. Provide immense value to your client and to the world. Service your clients with excellence. Continue with the American Dream.

Pour out everything! Pour out your wit, your wisdom, skills, character and integrity. Pour out your passion, your knowledge, your insights and abilities. Pour out that fire, your true grit, your guts. Pour out your influence, excitement, energy, your determination and commitment. - Pour out your heart.

===============

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I get goose bumps whenever I hear this dudes speeches along with some classical music. Powerful stuff.

I've never thought to do this. I plan to give it a try. Thanks. Do you know of a site that has his speeches archived?

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
As a Finn, those times refer to a bit different kind of battle against an overwhelming opponent. And when I say overwhelming, I mean overwhelming.

fdccax.jpg

Without the effort of those brave men, we would be speaking Russian in here (really) and Finland would be far from the society it is today.

Just goes to show what persistence and "never say die" attitude can do.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
As a Finn, those times refer to a bit different kind of battle against an overwhelming opponent. And when I say overwhelming, I mean overwhelming.

Without the effort of those brave men, we would be speaking Russian in here (really) and Finland would be far from the society it is today.

Just goes to show what persistence and "never say die" attitude can do.

Wow, that's staggering - I didn't have a clue about this. Thanks for sharing.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
Worthy of a bump...

113.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I know of a few people here on the forum going thru some pretty difficult times right now. I'm bumping this for them. I wrote this about 5 or 6 years ago and I wrote it more for me than for anyone else. Just a few years ago I was going thru a very hard time financially. I dare not think about what may have happened if I had given up.

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

This speech was delivered shortly after the Blitz and things were looking up a bit for Britain. Here is the relevant part of the speech: "But for everyone, surely, what we have gone through in this period -- I am addressing myself to the School -- surely from this period of ten months, this is the lesson: "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

===============
Great post Allen, especially your take on Churchill's advice in your penultimate paragraph - it's like you wrote it for me/us.

Thank you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks for this.

As I venture more and more off the conventional 9-5 trial it definitely gets more and more rougher. Some days are great and I am loving life, making progress and charging through my goals. Other days I doubting everything, wondering if I am crazy and if it is even possible. Threads like this help a lot.

Back to work...

Greyson F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Dec 8, 2013
One of the most invigorating (and painful) self-reflections I have is when I see myself caving, growing complacent, or going against my natural ambitions to fight on.

People severely underestimate how badly life and society want you to fall in line and agree with the status quo. Just recently, I had a falling out with one of my closest friends from my childhood. His family adopted and took care of me for over 8 years, and I had to break it off because they were antagonistic towards my passion for business.

It's startling how difficult it is to live up to the simple phrase "never give in." I'm only 20, and it's becoming a very profound influence on my growing character. I continuously beg the question: how can I continue with this present reality?

Thanks for sharing this, @AllenCrawley , it's much needed in my impressionably-young mind.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
One of the most invigorating (and painful) self-reflections I have is when I see myself caving, growing complacent, or going against my natural ambitions to fight on.

People severely underestimate how badly life and society want you to fall in line and agree with the status quo. Just recently, I had a falling out with one of my closest friends from my childhood. His family adopted and took care of me for over 8 years, and I had to break it off because they were antagonistic towards my passion for business.

It's startling how difficult it is to live up to the simple phrase "never give in." I'm only 20, and it's becoming a very profound influence on my growing character. I continuously beg the question: how can I continue with this present reality?

Thanks for sharing this, @AllenCrawley , it's much needed in my impressionably-young mind.
Sometimes the decision to fight on is like second nature. You don't even have to make a conscious decision to do so. Sometimes the overwhelming might of those around is so burdensome, so oppressive that you have to dig deep, decide it's worth fighting on.

I'm 45 years old. Married at 20 with an instant family to provide for. Things have been incredibly tough for most of our married life. Several times I nearly lost all hope.

My wife dedicated a song to me recently. She said it perfectly fits me. I'd have to agree.

Keep at it @Greyson F.

Last edited:

Greyson F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Dec 8, 2013
Sometimes the decision to fight on is like second nature. You don't even have to make a conscious decision to do so. Sometimes the overwhelming might of those around is so burdensome that you have to dig deep, decide it's worth fighting on.

This is what my mind is learning how to do. I get discouraged easily, and it's been a wild year learning how to tell distractors to screw off.

Thanks for the song. I'm an instrumentalist, and this song drives me every day. Maybe it'll drive you:

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I wrote out a whole long personal thing.... and erased it.

Perseverance is my only saving grace. I have limited practical and social skills, my health is hit and miss, and I'm a quarter of a million in debt. So.... it's a good thing I found the book and the forum. Because even though I plan on living another 57 years, I expect to be successful a hell of a lot faster.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
A great reminder to us all. Thanks for the post @AllenCrawley

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.