The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Two courses on udemy - did absolutely zero marketing for them.

A lot of the other successful udemy instructors drive their own traffic to the udemy store. I've always driven the traffic to my own sales page- I'm wondering if I should start split testing and sending some traffic here instead.

upload_2016-1-29_15-12-43.png

For the retail side of things: The guy owns 2 spots at semi-permanent flea markets (flea market on the weekend - inside store front all week).

During our initial meeting, he talked himself up as someone who can sell anything. If I can supply the product, he can sell it easily. Confident in his abilities, I said I could have him sell it on cosignment (he sells it- and we split profits off the sale). I have him 15 units. I even offered to help setup an online site in exchange for getting me started with retail.

A week later, my sister talks to him on facebook. Hasn't made a single sale, and hasn't created his amazon page yet.

upload_2016-1-29_15-17-4.png

He said during our initial meeting that I should order $500 worth of inventory to supply space on his store. The margins are much lower, and I can much more easily move the product online for more profits.

I think I'm going to conserve my time and energy and cut ties with him. I'll let him hold onto the inventory and see if he sells it, just not to burn bridges with anyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm feeling really good about the direction things are going:

I'm rebranding away from the .Academy extension.

New brand: http://LimitlessCEO.com - Limitless CEO Magazine will be the main front for everything else.

The training courses are built, tested, getting great reviews, and most importantly, the people who are putting the training to use are getting RESULTS.

Now that the products are updated, sales copy is written, It's time to move on to the next stage of the business:

Getting in front of as many eyes as possible, by delivering quality, FREE content to everyone who needs it.

My #1 priority now is to create valuable content now, because I know when I do that - the rest will take care of itself.

Way's the site will monetize:

Beginner-Intermediate Level Training Courses:

1. Website - Start an Online Business - Fundamentals Training Course
  2. Website - NLP Training Course
  3. Udemy - Influence & Persuasion raining Course
  4. Udemy - Motivation Course
For Established Business Owners
  1. NLP/Consulting/Services (setting up websites, writing copy, design services, etc.) - Only for high-end clients.
Affiliate Partnerships:
  1. Aweber.com
  2. Leadpages
  3. Shopping Cart Software (TBD)
  4. TBD

Up Next/Marketing Goals:
  1. Grow LimitlessCEO Magazine from 11,000 readers to 100,000 free readers by May 1st..
  2. Daily YouTube Videos Uploaded to channel (I've been slacking on this)
  3. Daily Blog posts on LimitlessCEO.com to share with email list
  4. Remarketing ads sent to training course pages.
  5. Publish & Promote Deconstructing Success Book - Guest blogging, interviews, etc.
design.png

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Is that photoshop? And how did you learn how to make those types of images. Looks incredible

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Is that photoshop? And how did you learn how to make those types of images. Looks incredible
On the left is photoshop, the right is Adobe InDesign.

The main part of the image is mainly the picture with the banner in the background (the text is fairly simple when you play around with photoshop for a little while ;) )

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just went on a rampage of video recording:

Early signs that you are already successful:

Recharging your batteries when you feel overwhelmed with work:

Do you care what other people think? Are you giving up control of your happiness?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Well done Andrew.

Nice videos. I like your pace and calm delivery too. I'll work on that for my own. :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Do you know those times in your life when the person you are dating says "We need to talk?"

And you know exactly what direction that conversation is going.

That's exactly the direction I know the conversation was going when @Kung Fu Steve messages me on facebook yesterday:

"Bro I gotta talk to you about your videos"
(me) "Yay!"
"haha...you might not say that after I get done with you!"

Production Quality:
  1. Windscreen for mic.
  2. A lot of movement in iphone selfie videos.
  3. Frame the shot - make a closed fist on top of head, top of hand should be at the top of the screen.
  4. Using scenery - stand in 1/3's of the screen
  5. Long sleeve dress shirt or T - black
  6. No editing - film all the way through - maybe take 2 takes.
  7. Getting more comfortable on camera - so act like it 100% of the time.
  8. Teleprompter - so i can focus less on the content while on video - and focus more on the delivery.
  9. Look at camera 99% of the time.
  10. Less hand movements
Marketing:
  1. Clear call to action at the end of the video.
  2. Begin with the end in mind - plan out content before videos, lighting, and...
  3. The message of each video/series/channel has to match the goal of the channel/brand.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I so want to get a "Rode VideoMic Me" for my iPhone...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Introduction to NLP Submodalities:

Wasn't gonna post a video today - but @AllenCrawley posted a Gary v video to push me forward.

Recorded the other day - dont mind the woo woo talk. My audience likes speaking "that language"

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 2, 2013
I think you need to aggressively control your audience's experience. Lead them around more.

For example, your website was very confusing to me. On top it's a consulting offer, on the right it's training DVDs, and on the bottom it's a blog. There's no about page so I can find out why you are an authority and there is no "start here" link to see some of your favorite posts.

It feels really scattered.

I would recommend that you make it crystal clear to visitors how you can help them and how to start using your website.

If you have previous customers and testimonials you need to plaster that everywhere. Also if you have credentials or experience or training.

If I had randomly stumbled on your website, there is no chance I personally would buy your course or consulting because I have no reason to trust that you can deliver on your promises.

Video content wise you need to be calling out your target market at the beginning of the videos and making them a promise about something SPECIFIC they will get from watching your videos.

People are ZOMBIES online: dumb, lazy, and bored. There are so many entertaining and useful things online, they aren't going to watch your videos if they don't know why they should watch them.

Example:

"What's up Entrepreneurs. It's Andrew from LimitlessCEO here. Today I'm going to teach you how your subconscious is keeping you from achieving your goals. Sound too woo woo? Tell that to Alex, who I taught this method to and immediately began making 100% more from his training videos, or Tom who had been unsuccessfully trying to secure app financing for 6 months until he learned about my method and got three separate investing offers THAT WEEK."

Keep hustling, dude.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I think you need to aggressively control your audience's experience. Lead them around more.

For example, your website was very confusing to me. On top it's a consulting offer, on the right it's training DVDs, and on the bottom it's a blog. There's no about page so I can find out why you are an authority and there is no "start here" link to see some of your favorite posts.

It feels really scattered.

I would recommend that you make it crystal clear to visitors how you can help them and how to start using your website.

If you have previous customers and testimonials you need to plaster that everywhere. Also if you have credentials or experience or training.

If I had randomly stumbled on your website, there is no chance I personally would buy your course or consulting because I have no reason to trust that you can deliver on your promises.

Video content wise you need to be calling out your target market at the beginning of the videos and making them a promise about something SPECIFIC they will get from watching your videos.

People are ZOMBIES online: dumb, lazy, and bored. There are so many entertaining and useful things online, they aren't going to watch your videos if they don't know why they should watch them.

Example:

"What's up Entrepreneurs. It's Andrew from LimitlessCEO here. Today I'm going to teach you how your subconscious is keeping you from achieving your goals. Sound too woo woo? Tell that to Alex, who I taught this method to and immediately began making 100% more from his training videos, or Tom who had been unsuccessfully trying to secure app financing for 6 months until he learned about my method and got three separate investing offers THAT WEEK."

Keep hustling, dude.

GOLD feedback! Thanks. First step - working on an about page and throwing testimonials on there.

Just recorded 2 videos - half-read this post before, and added the topic in the beginning to get more organized.

Motivation by manipulating your biology

Removing Self-Doubt

Mark396

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 2, 2013
At the end of your video (outro), try adding a snippet of your other videos to encourage viewers to keep watching. Annotations allow you to link directly to your website, social media, and to subscribe.

jG5aEfP.jpg

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
At the end of your video (outro), try adding a snippet of your other videos to encourage viewers to keep watching. Annotations allow you to link directly to your website, social media, and to subscribe.

jG5aEfP.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! Just reminded me I did this with an old channel I had - After having a 'set of fresh eyes' on it...i think it's time to make it look a tad bit nicer :D

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 7.17.33 PM.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks to everyone reaching out (Facebook, PM, Skype, etc.) for feedback on my videos.

The main topic of having a professional setup vs. being more authentic and real.

Just to give a little insight into what's going on inside of my mind right now: The channel I modeled after is RSDTyler (among others).

In his videos, he has different locations, with different scenery. The psychological reason for this is because "being together" in different places provides more common experiences the audience has with me...which leads to increased trust.

So that is the reason I shoot a lot of my videos hiking, outdoors, with different backgrounds, etc.

Up until this point, the main goal of the channel is to get more and more experience/more comfortable talking on camera (something I was scared shitless doing and put off for over a year).

LOTS of GREAT suggestions so far....and I think the most important one I'll really narrow down on now is - the goal for the channel, and crafting content around that goal.

For the channel I'm modeling after - he is very successful - in that video, he's dressed down, wind in the mic, etc....but I always listened to it for the content.

Why is he so successful?

I think #1 is that he has the brand loyalty off of the channel already - he can relate to their experiences. etc.

I'll think of ways to incorporate all the great feedback into what I'm doing...but the main thing is the clear focus of the channel. In Jordan Belfort's Straight Line Persuasion training - he frames it up that the moment you start closing the sale is the moment you first meet the person (something which I haven't focused on up until this point)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Extension of the brand: Limitless Success Magazine - Currently have 11,000 iOS readers and just turned it into a free PDF that people are encouraged to share (to build brand awareness).

100% free at this point.

http://limitlesssuccessmag.com/

My plan is to interview and features people with followings, and then allow them to share it with their audience...and then advertise my products and book inside the magazine.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Had an interesting chat with @Andy Black once again on skype...

Are all the actions you're taking today...strategically getting you closer to your end goal? What is your end goal? This convo was based off on people commenting about the purpose of my youtube channel.

But how can you apply this to YOUR business?

The second topic we talked about is setting an unbelievably large goal that drives you to work harder. For Gary V...it is to buy the New York Jets....

What large goal can you set for yourself that will drive you to step on the accelerator and never let down?

For the channel - I took another recommendation and added the clip at the end...and started making more eye contact...but still haven't improved other areas of the video. Part of the reason for this is because I usually record videos while I go hiking each morning, without my tripod and camera.

Thinking of maybe making a second channel to have higher production quality videos on more action-based topics, and using this one to be more personal and behind the scenes.

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
Thinking of maybe making a second channel to have higher production quality videos on more action-based topics, and using this one to be more personal and behind the scenes.

+1 on this. Long-form higher production value ones for your main content, shorter ad hoc ones. You can call 'em "Limitless Quickies", or maybe "Limitless Limited" ;)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The other day I was talking to @Andy Black on Skype about the directions of our companies.

I told him that my main goal was to help the "past version of myself" - people getting started out with entrepreneurship, and my main goal is to have them break through that threshold from STUCK to SUCCESS.

I told him a story of someone I was helping - spent months reading books, and learning, thought they knew the stuff from the books (like I once did). But then when they pushed through the failure and rejection of cold emailing - they finally got that YES.

Once he EXPERIENCED the things he read about in books....it FINALLY made sense at a deeper level.

The goal of this post is to get you to break that threshold of learning by experience at the deeper level.

Later on in our talk, Andy suggested the importance of having those BIG companies be customers - to surround yourself with people more experienced than yourself (vs. surrounding yourself with people earlier on their journey).

I said that's a different strategy but I'd prefer to go a different route.

Today, a partner of mine on one of my magazines is in talks of closing a very large advertising deal with one of the larger brands out there ($100 Million per year in revenue).

It finally made sense at a deeper level.

My CTA for you - What things have you learned and read about, but not yet experienced it yet?

Because when you experience things - they will resonate at a deeper level!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Ok - for the YouTube situation - taking everyone's advice and starting a second youtube channel - professional, practical business advice...

That one will have a weekly video that is more in depth and planned.

But i'm also keeping the current one for more personal/authentic/behind the scenes type videos - AWD in the mountains - almost got stuck :D

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Totally agree with the difference between "knowing" something in your head, and "knowing" something in your gut because you've experienced it.

"Wisdom is earned."

I can't imagine anyone arguing with that.

The other day I was talking to @Andy Black on Skype about the directions of our companies.

I told him that my main goal was to help the "past version of myself" - people getting started out with entrepreneurship, and my main goal is to have them break through that threshold from STUCK to SUCCESS.

Later on in our talk, Andy suggested the importance of having those BIG companies be customers - to surround yourself with people more experienced than yourself (vs. surrounding yourself with people earlier on their journey).

I said that's a different strategy but I'd prefer to go a different route.

Today, a partner of mine on one of my magazines is in talks of closing a very large advertising deal with one of the larger brands out there ($100 Million per year in revenue).

Just to expand on this.

I too feel compelled to help my past self, by leaving breadcrumbs. That's why I post so much in the forum. If I learn something, I instantly want to turn round and tell people what I've learnt.

It also has the added benefit of clarifying my own learnings.

"If you want to learn faster, teach."

Anyway, when I joined the forum back in May-2012 I was already growing a small paid forum and producing videos to help people learn AdWords.

Then I realised the people who want to learn AdWords from me are typically (not always) people who haven't the money to hire me, because they (typically) haven't already got a business that's "in motion".

Amy Hoy has a great line of "Help the people in motion". They're the ones already off the couch, and already down the gym. If you're a personal trainer, you're more likely to get clients in the gym than on the couch.

I realised that, whilst I'd love to serve the people who aren't in motion, they're not the ones able to pay me.

So I changed tack and decided to focus on providing a service to businesses already spending money on AdWords, or that already have a product they're selling.

The difference in my bank balance has been obvious. But there's been another, probably more important difference...

The 5 people I surround myself with the most (client wise), are successful business owners, not people trying to become successful business owners.

This has the effect of levelling me up, rather than solidifying me where I am.

My big vision is still to help the little guy, the guy like my electrician friend who I helped back in 2009.

But I've got to put my own oxygen mask on first.

And I love how my network has suddenly exploded because I'm targeting people who are focused and who have momentum.

People who are focused and have momentum leave a vacuum in their wake. It sucks other people in. It means they have good networks themselves.

And so these clients who I provide a service to, have good networks of similar minded people, and hence my network and word-of-mouth referrals exploding.

TL;DR

Having successful entrepreneurs as clients pays more, levels me up, and generates more higher paying referrals for me.

People told me this a long while ago, but I had to experience it myself to "earn that wisdom".

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Another conversation recorded with @Andy Black

Speaking with a branding specialist about his business - lessons learned.
  • Who is your ideal client?
  • What are your company values?
  • What is the mission of your company?
  • How do you want your clients to feel after they've met you?
  • What do your customers want? The benefits of your product or service to them?
  • What do you leave behind with your prospects after you are gone?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/limitless-podcast/andy-e2.mp3

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Starting to remove myself from my first business one step at a time..by hiring out tasks, until it is at the point it can grow without me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Another conversation recorded with @Andy Black

Speaking with a branding specialist about his business - lessons learned.
  • Who is your ideal client?
  • What are your company values?
  • What is the mission of your company?
  • How do you want your clients to feel after they've met you?
  • What do your customers want? The benefits of your product or service to them?
  • What do you leave behind with your prospects after you are gone?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/limitless-podcast/andy-e2.mp3
Holy smoke! There we are just shooting the beeze and now I'm officially on my very first podcast! Check me out with my Blue Yeti mic.

I sound a bit sibilant, and you sound much clearer. I'll try and figure that out.

Thanks for recording and sharing that Andrew. I played it back and thought it sounded quite good, and hopefully helped other listeners out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.