The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I had a brilliant idea for a blog

Idea threads

LEF

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 6, 2016
So I had a brilliant idea for a blog about my personal experience in a particular business filed. I kept coming up with different ideas, and this one just propped up. I've been running a part time bushiness for over 10 year now, however it does it have has its own liner limitations, which is why I deiced to turn business into hobby. And as I was thinking about my big next break through I came up with idea of writing about my past experiences in last 10 years. I don;t really know where this is going to get me, and it's not much of a progress threat anyways, however I wanted to post that I am in process of making things happen so it's out there as the matter of fact, no matter where it leads in the future.

Cheers,

LEF

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So I had a brilliant idea for a blog about my personal experience in a particular business filed. I kept coming up with different ideas, and this one just propped up. I've been running a part time bushiness for over 10 year now, however it does it have has its own liner limitations, which is why I deiced to turn business into hobby. And as I was thinking about my big next break through I came up with idea of writing about my past experiences in last 10 years. I don;t really know where this is going to get me, and it's not much of a progress threat anyways, however I wanted to post that I am in process of making things happen so it's out there as the matter of fact, no matter where it leads in the future.

Cheers,

LEF

Seems like progress for the sake of progress.

Without a destination in mind, how will you know when you get where you want to go?

Hobbies are great for taking your mind off of things. But what is it you want from the Fastlane?

If you turn business into a hobby then it isn't a business.

If you don't define what freedom means for you, whether it's riches, power, or a shack by the lake, you won't get it.

How can you hope to take useful action towards a goal without having a goal?

This is practically the definition of sidewalk, or at least that's the way it reads.

Sidewalker's do what they want because it's what they want to do.

They assume the world will accommodate them.

That's why they have nothing and they're always complaining.

There's nothing wrong with writing about your experiences...

But don't fool yourself into thinking you're "making things happen" with no purpose driving you.

The only thing you'll make happen is a big circle that leads right back to where you started.

And where you started is right here, in this thread, seeking validation for actions you aren't taking toward goals that don't exist.

What do you want from life?
What is your goal?
What does freedom mean to you?

Start with those questions and get really clear about them.

Then, if you still think starting a blog is the brilliant way to reach those goals, go for it.

LEF

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 6, 2016
What do you want from life?
What is your goal?
What does freedom mean to you?

Start with those questions and get really clear about them.

Then, if you still think starting a blog is the brilliant way to reach those goals, go for it.

I appreciate your input, some great points there for sure. Put simply I am tired of working hard for someone else, I don't want to wait till I "retire" at 65 and die. I want to control my source of income, I want to have flexibility of spending my time the way I want, and I would like to get there within next ten years.

I am exploring several avenues at the moment, blog is one of them, the idea behind a blog is to share the knowledge I've gained over decade in a particular business field that very obscure, with others who might find it useful. The goal is to build a community forum, a blog and an e-book. Now this seems like a very common thing to do now days, however for me this is a first step in my vision, it makes sense at the moment, it comes easy as I am an expert in the subject matter, and it doesn't take too much of my time outside of my corporate day time job.

Maybe it will work or maybe it won't, I know it might seem like progress for the sake of progress, however I bet everyone "tried" something many times before they became successful. This is my way of saying enough is enough, I got to do something to get out of this enslaving way of life.

Again thank you for input!

LEF

Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I appreciate your input, some great points there for sure. Put simply I am tired of working hard for someone else, I don't want to wait till I "retire" at 65 and die. I want to control my source of income, I want to have flexibility of spending my time the way I want, and I would like to get there within next ten years.

I am exploring several avenues at the moment, blog is one of them, the idea behind a blog is to share the knowledge I've gained over decade in a particular business field that very obscure, with others who might find it useful. The goal is to build a community forum, a blog and an e-book. Now this seems like a very common thing to do now days, however for me this is a first step in my vision, it makes sense at the moment, it comes easy as I am an expert in the subject matter, and it doesn't take too much of my time outside of my corporate day time job.

Maybe it will work or maybe it won't, I know it might seem like progress for the sake of progress, however I bet everyone "tried" something many times before they became successful. This is my way of saying enough is enough, I got to do something to get out of this enslaving way of life.

Again thank you for input!

LEF

Not sure if the 'just do something so I'm doing something' is the right thing to do.. Did you run your idea through the 5 commendments? I think you gonna have a problem with Entry, since everybody can set up a blog withing a few hours of work, then what about Need? Is there really a Need for your blog? Time? How can you detach that from your time?

Of course it's better to do something instead of nothing, and if it fails you can learn from it. But I'm not sure if the mentality of trying something before becoming successful is a good one, why not play to win even if it's your first time playing this game? If you're so deep into the matter you want to do the blog about, isn't there a real need you can fill? A problem you can solve?

Just some thoughts I had while reading through your posts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LEF

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 6, 2016
If you're so deep into the matter you want to do the blog about, isn't there a real need you can fill? A problem you can solve?

Just some thoughts I had while reading through your posts.

I see the trail of thought, I think at the moment I am struggling with finding a problem to be solved, I have few technology based idea around IoT however they are just that. I am keeping my mind open for problems to be discovered or need to be identified. Thank you for the feedback.

LEF

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.