The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gidday

UpEvil

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jan 5, 2016
Hi there

I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia and just read the book. I've read a lot of books on small business, entrepreneurship amoung other things. I've always wanted to do something in this space for a long time but I guess I fell for the Slowlane mentality. All about climbing the corporate ladder. A stint in Big Four. Current day job is in a bank.

My background is in IT - mostly IT security so I'm pretty tech savvy. I even completed my MBA. Oddly enough the MBA was never about climbing the corporate ladder but more of a backup plan and give me a bit more confidence before going out on my own. I retrospect I should have just started this a whole lot sooner. I don't regret the MBA though as it was one of the best things I've ever done.

But my dayjob (apart from chaning me to a desk) is definitely not as much fun as it once was, is a source of stress and now causing health problems. I've also got a strong background in fitness/health and martial arts. Got a partner who is a personal trainer and two kids who are my reasons for wanting to take the Fastlane. This year I'm looking to build a business with my partner who is also onboard with the journey.

Anyway just wanted to say this book is one of the best I've read in this space and plan on being an active member of the community.

Cheers.

PS: Top books apart from MJ's I've read that this community may like I've read recently (if this isn't captured somewhere already) are The Lean Startup, Six Months to Six Figures and The 10X Rule.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jameslague

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2016
Hey UpEvil,

I'm relatively new to the forum also and am almost done with my MBA. I just finished TMF yesterday morning actually and am with you in that it is probably the best book of this kind I've ever read. I loved the no BS approach.

I'm glad to hear you say your glad you got your MBA. I'm almost done with mine, have truly found a lot of value in the education also. I also pursued mine as a way of diversifying myself to get out of my past career in law enforcement, as my undergraduate degree was also law enforcement related. I knew I wanted to get into the private sector (slow lane) where the possibilities were much more open. I've always been curious about entrepreneurship and now that I've been exposed to it (fast lane), I'm more fired up now than ever to get something going.

Best of luck to you. I also plan to be active on the forum and I'm sure I'll see you around.

J LaGue

Cindy Kennedy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 31, 2016
Kangaroo Creek, Australia
Hey UpEvil,
I'm Aussie too - NSW Northern Rivers.
Would love to hear more about your health & fitness interests. I'm a Nutritional Medicine Practitioner trying to figure out how to turn a typically slowlane profession into a fastlane business. ;)

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
Welcome to the community, UpEvil! I think you've started having the right mindset now for building a business. Being with like minded people is important and that is where the community can help you. Good to hear that your partner is on board with your plan, who will be a pillar of support and help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...