The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to capitalize from the next Real Estate bubble

business224

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 26, 2016
We all know the traditional ways to make money when the housing market crashes. Buying foreclosed assets and holding on to them until the top of the next market cycle. This is a great way to leverage your money. I also feel we are going to have a downtrend in Real Estate in the next 2-3 years. I feel like we are coming to the top of the market.

With that said I was trying to think of some creative ways to capitalize on a down Real estate market. Foreclosure clean-up was one business that came to mind. Figured I would open up the thought tank because I do feel like we will see a downturn in the market in the future.

They say it cycles every 7 years. We are becoming overdue for a downturn. However it might be holding off because the last crash was so dramatic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
We all know the traditional ways to make money when the housing market crashes. Buying foreclosed assets and holding on to them until the top of the next market cycle. This is a great way to leverage your money. I also feel we are going to have a downtrend in Real Estate in the next 2-3 years. I feel like we are coming to the top of the market.

With that said I was trying to think of some creative ways to capitalize on a down Real estate market. Foreclosure clean-up was one business that came to mind. Figured I would open up the thought tank because I do feel like we will see a downturn in the market in the future.

They say it cycles every 7 years. We are becoming overdue for a downturn. However it might be holding off because the last crash was so dramatic.

A way to quickly move houses through the foreclosure process to an end buyer. Zombie houses were a big issue and I think there are still a ton out there in limbo. ( an abandoned, foreclosed house that is stuck in the foreclosure process).

passion518

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Oct 28, 2013
Philadelphia
A way to quickly move houses through the foreclosure process to an end buyer. Zombie houses were a big issue and I think there are still a ton out there in limbo. ( an abandoned, foreclosed house that is stuck in the foreclosure process).
That would be a wonderful thing. There's been many times that I've come across delapidated properties in very nice neighborhoods only to find out that they have been foreclosed for months but still not available for purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
That would be a wonderful thing. There's been many times that I've come across delapidated properties in very nice neighborhoods only to find out that they have been foreclosed for months but still not available for purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Many were/are in limbo due to dirty title and loan papers. With all the derivatives and CDO's it is hard to establish who really owns the title. Depending on state laws, the note holder cannot talk to another buyer before the foreclosure goes full process. It was and still is a mess.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

I learned quite a bit from the 2008 foreclosure process. I am sure some will change if/when we go through it again.

In the beginning many of the banks all had a special website each that listed their own foreclosures for sale. You could grab a decent deal here.

There were also certain RE brokers that dealt with foreclosures. They were real busy and no-nonsense people. Did not have any time for dancing. The sales were quick sales, you make your bid and take your chances.

HUD listed foreclosures as well. Buyers that were owner occupied had first dibbs before investors.

Later many of the foreclosures were grouped in pools and sold off in chunks.

You had to have a good relationship with lenders to get loans on properties due to problems with property valuations. My bank would do deals with me but would not do them with newbies at all.

The county courthouse auctions are all conducted on the same day but differently(Texas) and it helps to be a part of the "good old boy" network to get the best deals. Some auctioneers would auction off 50-75 properties each day. Some would call the properties by their street address, some would call a property by its legal description. Most auctioneers would not speak loudly or clearly so you had to be practically beside them to hear what was going on.

To me the whole process is unnecessarily complicated but any changes have to come from the state legislature and HUD.

Other methods of making money, offering trash out services. Foreclosures have to be cleaned out before rehabbing and flipping/renting.

Contractors would be in demand. Everyone REI investor needs reliable contractors that will do what they say they will do, at the time they will do it, and for the cost they will do it.

That's all I can remember right now.

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
When shit is low just buy as much land as you can and either go into property development with a partner or just sell it when it appreciates, but the former is more reliable cuz the price may stay the same or even decline for a long period of time because no one can see the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.