The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another new old guy who wants off the sidewalk

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
These kinds of things will never stop. They are part of what happens while we are here. Any of us could suffer an injury or disease that would thwart our plans. Any of us could have a person very close to us have something happen.

Accept that these things happen. Allow your emotion in the moment and feel it to the fullest. Then move on with what you want to do and leave the emotional baggage behind.

People like to think that our time is the most precious of our resources. They are wrong we all have more time than we do health.

I'm in the process of moving on. Learning. Changing, and growing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Any of us could suffer an injury

One person's moment of inattention cause him to miss a stop sign. I on the other hand woke up in an MRI machine, then spent 6 months off work with a sprained spine, deep bruising in my back shoulders and rib cage. I've had five years of healing since then. I've changed, I appreciate the people in my life more and I'm a lot happier person than I was before that accident.

bob johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Dec 15, 2015
id say given your age, you should stick with something automotive. Exploit your informational advantage rather than to waste precious time learning new skills. I would kill for such commanding lead in a passionate enterprise shared by so many.

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
id say given your age, you should stick with something automotive. Exploit your informational advantage rather than to waste precious time learning new skills. I would kill for such commanding lead in a passionate enterprise shared by so many.

Thanks for your encouragement.

I must disagree with you on one point, I feel that learning new skills at any age is never a waste of time. When one stops learning that is when one begins to waste time. In saying that let me add that if one were to devote too much time and energy into learning a new skill to the point of being an obsession without balance, then that might be a waste of time. One should also have a goal in mind before learning new skills, learning just for the sake of learning is a luxury better left till after one has reached their fastlane and have the time.

I know where I want/need to be in five year, I have a good idea of how to get there. I just have take action.

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
12644724_10153865238168350_7799750423396676283_n.jpg

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Thanks for your encouragement.

I must disagree with you on one point, I feel that learning new skills at any age is never a waste of time. When one stops learning that is when one begins to waste time. In saying that let me add that if one were to devote too much time and energy into learning a new skill to the point of being an obsession without balance, then that might be a waste of time. One should also have a goal in mind before learning new skills, learning just for the sake of learning is a luxury better left till after one has reached their fastlane and have the time.

I know where I want/need to be in five year, I have a good idea of how to get there. I just have take action.

A close friend just started a diagnostics business recently. He's been a mechanic at the same shop for like 15 years and saw an unmet need with every car now being run by tons of computers and electronics.

Can you do the same? Use a laptop and diagnose check engine lights and other electronic issues in newer cars. My friend has more work than he knows what to do with.

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
A close friend just started a diagnostics business recently. He's been a mechanic at the same shop for like 15 years and saw an unmet need with every car now being run by tons of computers and electronics.

Can you do the same? Use a laptop and diagnose check engine lights and other electronic issues in newer cars. My friend has more work than he knows what to do with.

That's a great idea, I prefer to deal with the body paint , and interior restorations and custom touches. So other than my daily driver's most of the cars I work with don't have computers.

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Time for an update.

One of the aspects of my life that has changed from reading TMF is that I'm a lot less stressed. It has armed me with a confidence, inner peace knowing that I'm capable. It's a great feeling.

I may not have found my fast lane yet, but I have stumbled upon the vehicle that will take me to the next level, by vehicle I'm not talking about something with four rubber wheels, glass, paint and an engine. I'm talking about the next business venture that will take me off the sidewalk, and put me somewhere between the slow lane and the fast lane. It will |generate revenue and it can be grown. It doesn't meet all of the fast lane requirements, but that's ok since for me it's only a stepping stone that will build capitol and put in a better place to start the next venture.

I've also spent some time talking with Andy Black this week, he is a great mind, and a clear thinker. He has helped me with my vision both with my thought patterns and with ideas on how to get to market. I'm very thankful for his wisdom and input. MJ has pulled together some great people here.

One of these days I will start a progress thread, but for now I'm busy working my plan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...