The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to land a big VC partner and direct them to tech

G

GuestUser142

Hi there everybody, this is my first time on the forum.

My goal is to establish a connection with a VC partner who wants to invest several million dollars into a hair growth technology.

I know of hair growth researchers that are in need of funding. A successful hair growth tech is quite profitable. Surprisingly, some of researchers don't make great efforts to create funding to bring products to market and settle with being a grant researcher. I want to connect the two resources who are seeking each other.

Does anyone know a VC that would be a great match for this, or have any supportive thoughts to share?

Also, I imagine that there must be people who act as consultants for VCs and get them leads to hot investments, yes? What is a typical % commission that a consultant would get for leading a VC to a secluded prosperous investment?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

I might. I've access to people with money. Never made a referral before and definitely wouldn't do it for free. You'd have to have a solid business plan and relevant domain experience in this space or they wouldn't waste a second breath on you.

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
Hi there everybody, this is my first time on the forum.

My goal is to establish a connection with a VC partner who wants to invest several million dollars into a hair growth technology.

I know of hair growth researchers that are in need of funding. A successful hair growth tech is quite profitable. Surprisingly, some of researchers don't make great efforts to create funding to bring products to market and settle with being a grant researcher. I want to connect the two resources who are seeking each other.

Does anyone know a VC that would be a great match for this, or have any supportive thoughts to share?

Also, I imagine that there must be people who act as consultants for VCs and get them leads to hot investments, yes? What is a typical % commission that a consultant would get for leading a VC to a secluded prosperous investment?

One very simple question. Is there a product that has been validated by market traction, and can it scale?

I know quite a ton of vc's by now. And there is not one I would dare to approach with a serious investment proposal without these two questions answered.

VC's tend to be at the end of the risk spectrum. They generally do not invest in products that still show a lot of risk. Being in R&D, lacking marketing and sales teams, scaleable production chains or existing distributions channels are all risks that VC's avoid.

If they are still researching, they would prolly want an angel to bankroll the first product version and gain market validation. Then a seed investor to adjust the product to market, and roll out to a bigger market. And if that goes well, a VC will probably be interested.

If you want millions of dollars, you need to have traction. Or your team needs a serious succes record that could outweigh the risk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser142

Thanks stephanduq for the insight, I appreciate it.

I realize now that the title of this thread is not exactly accurate, I still do need greater background knowledge of the whole research-investment-product-expansion process. Perhaps Angels or Seed Funders are more likely a better option.

That being said, talking about traction for a product that legitimately grows hair is a non-issue. I'll take a guess and say it would be a better seller than an elf on the shelf. A product (lotion) or a treatment procedure would scale just fine, the demand for it is way above what's necessary. The work that needs to be done is continuing the lab work to "crack the code" so to speak. And the return for investing in a treatment that does, would be "worth it."

Thank you all for your insight, it has been helpful. I'm going to continue on investment networks to learn more and meet helpful people.

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
Thanks stephanduq for the insight, I appreciate it.

I realize now that the title of this thread is not exactly accurate, I still do need greater background knowledge of the whole research-investment-product-expansion process. Perhaps Angels or Seed Funders are more likely a better option.

That being said, talking about traction for a product that legitimately grows hair is a non-issue. I'll take a guess and say it would be a better seller than an elf on the shelf. A product (lotion) or a treatment procedure would scale just fine, the demand for it is way above what's necessary. The work that needs to be done is continuing the lab work to "crack the code" so to speak. And the return for investing in a treatment that does, would be "worth it."

Thank you all for your insight, it has been helpful. I'm going to continue on investment networks to learn more and meet helpful people.

Yeah an angel or seed will definitely be a better choice right now. You will most likely need a chain of funding. So if you do get an early-stage investor on-board, make sure he is qualified (network/experience) to help you prepare and finalise the next investment round.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.