The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice needed on how to get pre-sales

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
I'm developing a niche product and would like to get pre-sales or an email list of buyers before paying for manufacturing.

I will fund prototypes and refine it and once it's ready I'd like to have buyers lined up to cover the start up costs.

If I can get just a few pre-orders I'm golden. I'm not sure the audience is broad enough for kickstarter.

Can anyone offer any advice or experience?

I plan to reach out local enthusiasts clubs, message boards, Facebook and online retailers.

I'm thinking offering pre-order discount and channel to a buy page and email sign ups..

Advice on page and pre-order setup and funnel to get max orders is highly appreciated. I plan to have pictures, maybe video of the prototype.

Also, can I set up pre-orders on Amazon before having stock?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
I am in the planning stages of setting up an import business and this is also one of the top priority things I need to get my head around.
Will definitely be watching this thread (and your progress) for some good ideas.

I am relatively new to this field (online business of any sort) and I am doing heavy research currently - will share out my tips in case I come across something valuable.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
I'm developing a niche product and would like to get pre-sales or an email list of buyers before paying for manufacturing.

I will fund prototypes and refine it and once it's ready I'd like to have buyers lined up to cover the start up costs.

If I can get just a few pre-orders I'm golden. I'm not sure the audience is broad enough for kickstarter.

Can anyone offer any advice or experience?

I plan to reach out local enthusiasts clubs, message boards, Facebook and online retailers.

I'm thinking offering pre-order discount and channel to a buy page and email sign ups..

Advice on page and pre-order setup and funnel to get max orders is highly appreciated. I plan to have pictures, maybe video of the prototype.

Also, can I set up pre-orders on Amazon before having stock?

Well, It's all about the audience and the product. Get the audience excited and make them want, your product. think of those star wars movie commercials. They, want all of us to go and see the movie once it comes out. The audience/market already exists for the product (star wars movie) and these commercials just make people want to see, the movie even more.

Make sure, that you already have a die-hard audience and they WANT what you have to offer. Do no try to re-invent the wheel. If I was you, I'd put up some sort of video/pre-sell video on your site and in that video, just explain why your product, is so bad a$$ and why people must have it in their hands..Right Now!

Then, simply give them an early bird deal...that no one can refuse. Simply ask them to sign up/optin and if they do that, then most will be committed to buy when you release that product.

The only way, someone signs up for anything, is if they are excited about the product. Your job is to excite them and give them tons of benefits and make them WANT your product now!

Good luck!

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Well just got first prototype in last week, needs some changes as expected. I plan to get 2nd iteration of the prototype in the hands of users and see if I can get any to commit to buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JacobBW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Make sure, that you already have a die-hard audience and they WANT what you have to offer. Do no try to re-invent the wheel. If I was you, I'd put up some sort of video/pre-sell video on your site and in that video, just explain why your product, is so bad a$$ and why people must have it in their hands..Right Now!

Then, simply give them an early bird deal...that no one can refuse. Simply ask them to sign up/optin and if they do that, then most will be committed to buy when you release that product.

Agreed - get out, talk to your market and see if people are excited by your product.
I'd suggest taking it a step further - it's easy for them to say "yep I'm interested, here's my email address" and then not follow through. So getting them to put a deposit down (refundable if there's not enough interest to keep going) will show you how much serious interest you have to work with
This could be done online or in person.

Good luck mate, I hope it flies!

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Hey thanks. There is already a die hard audience in this niche, I'm trying to offer something new.

I just came near to finalizing some changes after the first prototype last night and will try out different materials, higher cost, but higher quality and pricing power. Next action is to send out for some quotes.

Kinda feeling like I'm tip toeing the perfection trap trying to make it perfect which doesn't exist.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.