The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The growth of my Facebook page to 100k Likes

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
So the title says it..

And this has been in the making for a while, but basically a while back I started a Facebook page ( over 6 months ago ) and with this, I plan to have a website / shirts etc.. Just a project of mine.

I won't tell you the niche I'm targeting, but I will tell you that my page has just got over 1000 likes, almost 1100 now and it's growing quickly!

Now, you may think "But 6 months to get 1k likes?, that's a long time" - Correct!, I agree. But hear me out first..

I've barely posted.. Most of these likes were grown in the first month or two ( about 500 of them ) and since the time I've been in Europe, it grew to about 900. And now recently, I've picked it up and started posting again. ( this last week, I have gotten from about 930 likes, to now 1070 ).

Things I tried:

Buying likes for my page through facebook targeted ads:

I recommend only doing this until you get your first couple of hundred. But I feel most of these likes are fake honestly.. Even if it's bought on facebook.. I got literally no engagement from these likes. 10 dollars got me about 30 likes?. . Not worth it, but you will need to get some likes to get the page some numbers.

Boosted posts:

This is what you're going to do to grow your page and here's why.

My recent boosted post, I spent 10 dollars ( again ) and the results?

adresults.jpg

So, we have the results as seen in the photo:

• 103,613 reached ( 29,000 is organic )
  • 60k views
  • 591 likes to the post
  • 89 comments
  • and 346 shares
Likes over the last week (since my ad post ): 163

From a 10 dollar boosted post.

So as you can see, boosting your post is a much quicker way to grow your page.. Now imagine if I put in 100 dollars.
Not only is the engagement so much more better, it's real people.. This is the difference.

There's no point having a Facebook page with 100k likes but no engagement on the page.. I'd rather have a page with 1k likes and engagement instead of 100k likes with none.. Why?, because atleast some of them might buy my shit.

Also.. My other posts are getting more likes, comments and engagement since getting actual real likes.

Anywho.. Needless to say; I'm back to growing my page and to keep on track I'm making it a progress thread because I want to show you guys what I learn and fail at whilst in the process of this.

So why a Facebook page?:

Here's why.

If I want to make a website targeted towards this niche, I can send people from the page to the website and grow it much faster.

If I want to create a youtube channel towards this niche; Again, I can use this page to cross market between the two.

If I want to sell merch, I can use this page to do so.

So, in terms of youtube.. I can use these cheap ads to send real subscribers to the channel and market and boost my subscriber rate ( in theory ). Hell, I'd be lucky to even get 300 views with the same video on youtube... But that 10 dollars gave me 60k views.. I could create a call to action sending them to more videos on my youtube = More subs, views.

I'll keep you guys updated on how my page grows, meanwhile you can check any of my other threads if you wish. :)

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-30_19-3-35.png
    upload_2015-11-30_19-3-35.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 18

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
Nice job! The results of that $10 ad are pretty amazing.

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
Thats about 1.2 cents/engagement, How do you do it? The lowest I have ever got is 3 cents/engagement.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Thats about 1.2 cents/engagement, How do you do it? The lowest I have ever got is 3 cents/engagement.

I think honestly, It all comes down to how you target people.

I am pretty specific with my ads in terms of interests, locations, age and of course their languages.

I am mainly targeted on america though since i plan to sell merch to that location when I get this page set up the way I wish.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Alrighty, so a small update:

The 10 dollar ad has finally finished and the results are the following.

• 118,728 Reach ( 33,727 Organic, 85,001 Paid )
  • 69,000 video views
  • 400 shares
  • 682 likes
  • 108 comments
My page currently has 1,111 likes

New likes this week: 196

adresults.jpg

Edit: forgot the photo ;)

Now what I'll be doing is creating an Instagram account for my page, and a Youtube channel ( the Youtube channel is a maybe, but I'll see ).

I will keep posting updates on the progress and how the Instagram page goes etc :)

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Keep it up @michael sorgi !

Been testing a range of different ways to get numbers up at speed. Like you I've not found buying Likes to be hugely successful (for anyon just after social proof then target India and Pakistan, you'll get 0.01 likes all day long... just realise it will seriously wonk your insights if you do it for too long). Facebook and the "gurus" might be suggesting 2-3 posts at most, but seeing hell of a lot more engagement on 5-10. Only prob with that is while it's viable for general pages - I Love Windsurfing.... The Office Fans etc (I just made those both up) - it's not really a transferable strategy to a business page without getting the content bang on.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
My boosted post was a video targeted towards english speaking americans.

I have found videos get the best engagement.. Pictures are cool and all, but over-all as you said.. Bang on content is key. You need to have previous content on the page for people to scroll down and want to like it.

Not to mention the rest of it.. I target old viral videos that have been long forgotten.. Like, videos from years ago.

Take the video and just post it and they helps my page get the likes since it will go viral if it has already once before =).

In terms of youtube, that may not be so wise as it risks copyright etc so you need to be careful who you take content from. More on that later though; I'll definitely be doing a insta page with this though and growing them together as they will support each other.

But like i said, I'm targeting real engagement not just social proof. I want people to interact and send in content as well as all the shares / likes. And the only way to really do this is to pump out good quality content and photos. Hell, if i wanted I could do the whole introduction and persona with myself at the start before the videos but eh, I don't feel so ready to be viewed by 69k people just yet.. Although, I can handle the haters and judgement as I don't care too much what people say ( haters are good for adsense ) lmao.

But, its surprising what you can do with a facebook page!.

I can't wait to see how far I can take this.. and 100k is the starting goal, I'd like to get it bigger than this!... Much bigger.
100k is a good start.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Love the strategy and totally with you on the strongest angle being about engagement. Didn't mean the Likes trick to be aimed at you just as something that might help other :)

I'm presuming you're downloading the video and uploading it to Facebook? That makes a huge difference in reach for me. Can't wait to see how it goes for you scaling across other networks.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Most definitely.. Originally, I just shared videos.

But I thought, why the hell should I give other people free advertising? - so now I just download the videos and market them myself.

I also go for videos which have no brands in them, or youtube names.. Just the video.

This way no one can say copyright bla bla haha! - You're definitely right though, my own videos get heaps better engagement in terms of reach.

All I need to do is get the video, throw my call to action button into a youtube channel and grow it from there so I'll have the power of both backing each other.

How long have you been growing your page for ? :)

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I've actually been doing it for a while now. Had some big pages back before the days they cut page reach down (the days when organic posts would reach millions with ease.. I miss you so!). I moved into different areas after that so sold most off in packages with websites. Just moving back into it again as much for my own curiosity. I'm very much a bend it till it breaks tester so got a load of pages running different strategies and seeing what is and isn't working!

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I have two pages, one is of cats ( common I know ) but I haven't really bothered with it.

I hear if you have a good page with engagement + Teespring and boosted posts, you can do pretty well with conversions if you hit up a good design

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Congratulations!

I also recently reached 100k Likes but here's where I got real success from - converting them into email subscribers using boosted posts.

Here's how -

- I set up a giveaway using the plugin Kingsumo giveaways (https://kingsumo.com/apps/giveaways/)
- I sourced a 'must have' prize for my niche
- Shared the contest on my FB page and boosted it to 'those who liked my page'

I do it every month now with a fresh contest/prize. In most cases i'll pick up several thousand entries (email addresses). The best bit is the cost per click from the boost - usually on a few cents (so a few cents per email address). I also invest every day into highly targeted 'promote my page' ads on Facebook to grow my 'likers'. This means i've always got fresh eyes on new contests...

If you pay FB to promote your page (essentially buying likes from FB) and really pay attention to who you are targeting - this is really one of the cheapest way to build up a qualified list.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
The question is; Do you actually give them a prize or is it just to gather emails ?

Very informative nonetheless, thank you @JamesSJ

What kind of things would you promote to your list?, clickbank ? or your own products?

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
The question is; Do you actually give them a prize or is it just to gather emails ?

Very informative nonetheless, thank you @JamesSJ

What kind of things would you promote to your list?, clickbank ? or your own products?

Yes, give out the prize!
Promote my own products.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
It appears I'm not quite at your level yet in terms of IM, but I'm getting there rather quickly in terms of learning how it all works.

I'd love to know more about it actually.

If you ever feel like talking, feel free to pop me a message - I'm looking to network and just genuinely get to know some new people here =)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great info.

Can you explain more on how this works. You can pay to boost a page within FB? What is the difference on the users end between a page that is promoted and a post?

I am creating a YouTube channel next year and would love to have a large FB following jumping across to the YT page. Thanks

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
@Fox

The difference really is that, with a boosted post you are promoting the content rather than just a page.

People will see the post and not just a photo of a page with likes saying "like this" Generally it shows up in their suggested content on the side.

And most of the people who like it dont like anything you post.. So it gives me the feeling they aren't even real. .

I reckon, invite all your friends first.. Then buy likes to about 300 - 500. Once you get to that number, try the boosted posts.

Also, with boosted posts.. Who ever likes your page, the boosted post gets shown through your likers and to your likers friends.

So My content > The person who likes my page > their friends who will like the content + share it across to their friends and that can create the "viral" effect.

Anywho, update:

I've created my youtube channel and instagram page and am now in the process of growing them.

I'll be using my boosts to power my channel and get it subscribers quicker than just posting videos on youtube and hoping to colab. Might even reach out to some other similar channels and cross promote with them.

For now, the focus is to just post good content and grow that following :)

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I do grow multiple pages by the way.

My page is still at about 1500 likes, not too much growth also because I have not sunk anymore money into it. It gets likes now and then and i do post but I do love to grow multiple pages and currently I've started a new one last night.

I run a 30 dollar boosted post and have received amazing engagement!

Remember I started this page last night:

Currently sitting around 460 likes.

Stats for one boosted post:

Capture.JPG

The amount of page likes I'm receiving is EPIC. Especially for the amount I spent.

Targeted traffic is USA And Australia so no cheap countries here people!

I won't give interests or stats of my audience for obvious reasons.

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
I do grow multiple pages by the way.

My page is still at about 1500 likes, not too much growth also because I have not sunk anymore money into it. It gets likes now and then and i do post but I do love to grow multiple pages and currently I've started a new one last night.

I run a 30 dollar boosted post and have received amazing engagement!

Remember I started this page last night:

Currently sitting around 460 likes.

Stats for one boosted post:

View attachment 12786

The amount of page likes I'm receiving is EPIC. Especially for the amount I spent.

Targeted traffic is USA And Australia so no cheap countries here people!

I won't give interests or stats of my audience for obvious reasons.

Have you made any sales from any of your pages yet?

Do you have websites/landing pages set up and linked to your page? If you're going to spend the money boosting posts you might as well have a page where you can send people to start building your email list.

Also I'm not sure if it suits your niche but I'd also consider starting a Snapchat account and making the Snapcode your Profile Picture on FB to build a following there.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Have you made any sales from any of your pages yet?

Do you have websites/landing pages set up and linked to your page? If you're going to spend the money boosting posts you might as well have a page where you can send people to start building your email list.

Also I'm not sure if it suits your niche but I'd also consider starting a Snapchat account and making the Snapcode your Profile Picture on FB to build a following there.

Not as of yet!, I don't want to try to sell anything yet when the pages are still so low in likes. I was thinking I'd wait til I'm around 10 k + as it allows me to get more organic traffic.

Email lists - nope.

Landing pages - nope.

Snapchat is a good idea - everyone seems to be doing this now! so I'll get on to this :)

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
Not as of yet!, I don't want to try to sell anything yet when the pages are still so low in likes. I was thinking I'd wait til I'm around 10 k + as it allows me to get more organic traffic.

Email lists - nope.

Landing pages - nope.

Snapchat is a good idea - everyone seems to be doing this now! so I'll get on to this :)

If your goal is to sell stuff to your followers I'd recommend building an e-mail list.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.