The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The enablers

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
I came back here. I love it here. I can come here and be wrapped in fastlane knowledge and mentalities and escape my slow slow slow lane parents and people around me and people who say things like " just wait!! you punk kid you will be chained to a desk one day and miserable just like me!!!!""

Sure whatever old man yada yada....

anyway I come to you a torn man. I haven't posted in a very long time. I am finishing up my time at my community college and transferring to a university soon (my opinion best way to do this, future jobs are just learning on other persons dime)

I have worked in shipping for about 2 years. (WASTE OF TIME I hear you yell, nay nay learned a ton about shipping, air shipping, fast shipping, customs, ect)

I come here to talk about the great Enablers. Just had thanks giving dinner with my cousin who goes to a big Big 12 school and is a part of a frat.

ALL I ask is just......how? Who pays...who PAYS??!?!?!?!?!?

call me the bitter cousin... call me the guy who's parents cannot afford to send me to a big school and pay for anything other than tuition and rent and food. My phone and gas and food outside of the house and trips are all on me.

Here my cousin sits before talking about girls and parties and weed and booze....and failing some courses (?)

HERE IS THE KICK HIS DAD IS IN THE OIL INDUSTRY IF HE JUST HAD HIS SHIT TOGETHER HE COLD BE NETTING 60K OUT THE GATE SLOWLANE OR NOT IN 5 YEARS FROM GRADUATION HE COULD BE CLOSE TO 90K AND THEN DO SOMETHING FASTLANE WITH THAT BACKING WTF ARE YOU DOING WASTING YOUR TIME AND YOUR DADS MONEY YOU IDIOT

"how is the life cuz"

"dude like so great... picked up a 600 dollar bong man girls were all over it"

(not a great investment..who paid exactly as you do not have a job)

"totally man"

Failing....paid for courses....at a large university

GRANTED I am not allergic to a good time. I am 21... I love a fun Saturday with young girls who want to have fun...

but not every saturday.... not even every weekend anymore with finals coming up

Hearing him with all these opportunities and him not realizing how easy it would be to just finish up and land a really nice job (slowlane or not) frustrates me. As I work part time and go to community college (I have 0 school debt) Really blows me away.

He lives in a house with 2 other guys... just party and sex and weed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THESE THINGS but PASS YOUR F*ckING CLASSES WHICH MAY HAVE BEEN OUT OF HIS DADS POCKET

That all plays into adulthood. Sure party it up....but get your shit done and passed. and don't waste other peoples money

Frustrated Faslane brothers, So frustrated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
No reason to be mad, he makes his choices and you make yours. We all start off a little differently, but where you end up is the result of how you handle yourself and what you chose to prioritize. Maybe he's learning a lesson now that you learned 3 years ago, and maybe you're learning a lesson now that somebody else learned 10 years ago. If his dad gets fed up he'll cut him off, if not it's his money to waste. Just focus on being the best you can be. That's my take.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
I agree with you. It just seems I am always surrounded by people who's parents are soooooooooooooooo willing to pay for them for ANYTHING. I am admittedly jealous of that .

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I agree with you. It just seems I am always surrounded by people who's parents are soooooooooooooooo willing to pay for them for ANYTHING. I am admittedly jealous of that .

It's all about perspective, man. Somewhere, some kid your age is getting off work from his job of washing dishes. He's going home to his mom & his 4 younger siblings who all live in a trailer park beside the railroad tracks. He can't believe the advantages you have over him. He's jealous of that. Of you.

It would behoove you to stop looking at what you don't have & to start looking at the advantages you have been given that you take for granted.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Ha! What you are going through is just character building. While possibly his life is being short changed. Seeing it myself with people in my family now.

Maybe in a weird way consider yourself lucky ;)

You are learning drive and ambition. Something that escapes people sometimes more fortunate.

You definately need to stop focusing on what they have and you don't i.e. jealousy, opportunities etc. Just make it for yourself :)

Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Sounds like you're jelly bro.

Don't worry about other people and you'll progress a lot faster.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
"call me the bitter cousin... call me the guy who's parents cannot afford to send me to a big school and pay for anything other than tuition and rent and food. My phone and gas and food outside of the house and trips are all on me. "

LMAO... maybe i should be the bitter one, stayed home, went to school in the city. But im not, cause it doesn't even matter.

School is not fastlane, maybe drop out bro.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
pay for anything other than tuition and rent and food. My phone and gas and food outside of the house and trips are all on me.
What..

You're complaining about free schooling, rent, and food?

b1f923ae23ec9c8544d5c5190eefe366.jpeg

Maybe you should get on fox news and start making demands You sound like you need more free shit

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
“When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surly. They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty of good, and the ugliness of evil and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own–not of the same blood or birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me.” - Marcus Aurelius

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
I know the feeling, you plan and work your a$$ off to get (financially|) where rich kids will most likely remain forever. When I was a kid, I was one of the poorest kids at my school and didn't realize it until I went over to my friends houses and saw it with my own two eyes. When my friends would come over to my house my mum would give us 5$ to go buy candy because we did not have anything at home to eat, especially not treats. Needless to say they made fun of me.

Alternatively, when I hung out with my "poor" (really lower class) friends, we would ride our bicycles, plays cops and crooks in the neighborhood, play all kinds of sports, money was not an issue and I was even considered rich among them.

What I am trying to say is just like @Red said, it's a matter of perspective. When I hung out with my poorer friends, I would get more into fights and stealing but we seldom remained indoors and always played sports. We would steal a pack of gum and split it / share it between 10 kids.

With my richer friends I've felt so much more secure but all we did was play video games (the newest ones) and go to the movies. When would leave the house it was to go to someone else's, even though I was extremely jealous of all their possessions (dad's Mercedes, mum's BMW etc), I felt like I was around overprotected sissies. Also every time they "gave" something to someone else, they expected something in return of the same value, very unlike my poorer friends. In other words, two very different sets of values.

I would lie to you if I said that I do not feel jealous when some rich kid drives by me in a Maserati today. That's life. I don't get AS pissed as I use to because I now know it is possible for me to get one.

I also feel extremely privileged when I go to 3rd world countries and see people eating dirt and drinking dirty water, but I don't sit on my a$$ and do nothing because I know that there are a lot more people less fortunate.

By the way, even though your friend is rich, thanks to his dad. His dad is the one creating value, his dad is creating his own legacy, his dad is investing in people, not him.
Maybe he's learning a lesson now that you learned 3 years ago, and maybe you're learning a lesson now that somebody else learned 10 years ago. If his dad gets fed up he'll cut him off, if not it's his money to waste. Just focus on being the best you can be. That's my take.

That's true, what if YOU were the one smoking weed all day and getting your dick blown by 2 hot girls instead of showing up to class, how would you perceive other people's jealousy? You would know that they are jealous, you just would not care. Regardless of how you are winning, the real winners focus on winning, silver spooned or not, the rest focus on the winners (or who they perceive as winners).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.