The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help with eCommerce traffic/Sales

Marketing, social media, advertising

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Hello everyone, awhile ago I posted about my startup, boraskins.com. Im finally sitting well with having a good amount of products. I'm looking for feedback and advice on how to increase my sales. Ive done a lot of research on other websites who sell the same thing, my prices are much lower, and my product is thicker and offers more to the consumer. Ive taken advantage of free social media like Facebook and instagram, but I want to see if theres anything else I can do. So my question is, what can I do to really increase my traffic to my website?

You feedback is Greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Too low margins too low of a price point to use paid advertising at scale.

What are you doing differently than the 10,000 other people selling the same stuff?

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl

What are you doing differently than the 10,000 other people selling the same stuff?

My skins are made from Di-noc architectural film which are 8mm thick rather than my competitor whose are 3mm thick

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Hello everyone, awhile ago I posted about my startup, boraskins.com. Im finally sitting well with having a good amount of products. I'm looking for feedback and advice on how to increase my sales. Ive done a lot of research on other websites who sell the same thing, my prices are much lower, and my product is thicker and offers more to the consumer. Ive taken advantage of free social media like Facebook and instagram, but I want to see if theres anything else I can do. So my question is, what can I do to really increase my traffic to my website?

You feedback is Greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Here are some thoughts:

-gleam promotion/competition. Use it to build a e-mail list. Have people opt in, tag a friend on Instagram to have a chance of winning a free case.

-Amazon FBA can be your other sales channel. May be competitive but if you take awesome pictures, you can stand out.

- Instagram is huge for men accessories. Start direct messaging done accounts with large followers to see if they can post your pic

-contact bloggers. There is a thread here about easily pulling in blogger email info. You can use MailCheat(Chimp) to do a mass email.

-you need more pictures.

I agree with Jason. Your margin are too small for paid ads

Maxmagnus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 21, 2015
Man,

Your land page needs some improvements.

- No tagline or catch phrase.
- You don't inform your potential customers about what makes your product unique.
- You don't give something for free, or promotion to encourage buying.

There is nothing that really attracts the attention of your visitors.

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada

What's your minimum range in terms of price and margin when evaluating if paid traffic's an option for a product?

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Here are some thoughts:

-gleam promotion/competition. Use it to build a e-mail list. Have people opt in, tag a friend on Instagram to have a chance of winning a free case.

-Amazon FBA can be your other sales channel. May be competitive but if you take awesome pictures, you can stand out.

- Instagram is huge for men accessories. Start direct messaging done accounts with large followers to see if they can post your pic

-contact bloggers. There is a thread here about easily pulling in blogger email info. You can use MailCheat(Chimp) to do a mass email.

-you need more pictures.

I agree with Jason. Your margin are too small for paid ads

Definitely going to look into these steps. I'm taking pics of a few products tonight, I just don't want to waste product is all.

Man,

Your land page needs some improvements.

- No tagline or catch phrase.
- You don't inform your potential customers about what makes your product unique.
- You don't give something for free, or promotion to encourage buying.

There is nothing that really attracts the attention of your visitors.

Working on the catch phrase, Im also working on a slideshow that compares the differences between the thickness of the skins. I want to run promotions but I want to run them through Facebook.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What's your minimum range in terms of price and margin when evaluating if paid traffic's an option for a product?

I've mentioned it elsehwere - but you need at least $30 average order value / lifetime customer value to even compete on Adwords or Facebook. But you should really be aiming for a $45+ LCV (lifetime customer value). $30 is still cutting it a bit thin IMHO...especially when you have affiliates who get paid $50 per lead for some products.

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
I've mentioned it elsehwere - but you need at least $30 average order value / lifetime customer value to even compete on Adwords or Facebook. But you should really be aiming for a $45+ LCV (lifetime customer value). $30 is still cutting it a bit thin IMHO...especially when you have affiliates who get paid $50 per lead for some products.

Dang... I have a $30 AOV, but its $14 profit. So I'd likely only be profitable with customers that reorder. Guess it just depends how many end up reordering.

I'll try offering a bundle deal to see how it boosts AOV.

Thanks Jason!

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Definitely going to look into these steps. I'm taking pics of a few products tonight, I just don't want to waste product is all.

Working on the catch phrase, Im also working on a slideshow that compares the differences between the thickness of the skins. I want to run promotions but I want to run them through Facebook.

Agree with the more pictures suggestion mentioned above-

One other thing I personally didnt like (personal perference but not a critisism) is the 'why us' slide-The font used immediately turned me off, it stood out for the wrong reasons i.e it was almost too much hard work to easily read it whereas a less 'fancy' font would make it more concise and stand out better.

Also did you get any free email hosting with your domain/website builder? If so perhaps you can avail of this as a gmail email account does make you sound small time whereas a dedicated boraskin email address just gives the illusion of being bigger than you perhaps are, which in turn gives the buyer more confidence when buying the product.

Just my honest thoughts and by no means a critisism.

Best of luck

Andrew Ward

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 29, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Have you considered introducing an attractive partner program? By this I mean providing good incentives for other (related) businesses to sell and market your products for you.

For example take a look at a phone shop, traditionally they need to buy in a ton of stock that depreciates pretty fast as and when new phone models come out. If you could offer them decent margins on sale whilst also not requiring them to hold stock then you could be onto a winner.

For example this is typical with fireworks, you can pick them up from a manufacturer on a "sell or return" basis, which essentially means they only charge you for the stock you sell, and you just give back what you don't. This is attractive as it reduces risk. Where fireworks are concerned the margins can be as high as 100% so both of these benefits together can be really strong.

You could potentially do something similar. Though it doesn't need to be via high street retailers even. There are loads of people out there looking for products to drop-ship based on the attractiveness of their product and referrer fees. Given your low unit cost the effort of marketing to and getting a few drop-shippers on board could be a much more cost efficient and effective route to market.

John Robert

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Mar 19, 2014
Here are some random ideas...

...give your product away for free to relevant youtubers to do unboxing videos of

...give your product away for free to prominant instagramers and pinners for them to feature

...get your stuff to be ranked/recommended by amazon

Hope that helps

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
If you're struggling to increase your AOV/LCV - you absolutely need to upsell and try bundling.

Here's a message my friend sent me today.

Q4vTSf5.jpg

Bundling is powerful

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
If you're struggling to increase your AOV/LCV - you absolutely need to upsell and try bundling.

Bundling is powerful

That's awesome! I only have one product but I saw a video from the creator of Clickfunnels talking about his upsells when he only had one supplement product: offer more of the same product, right after they buy one. 3 units for 15% off! And then with the people that buy that upsell, make them another offer immediately for 10 units at 30% off. Apparently he was stunned because there was some people actually going through and getting like 14 units total.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013

Q4vTSf5.jpg

Bundling is powerful

What would you recommend doing if your target demographic does not have much disposable income? Im afraid im going to run into the same traffic, and sales problems. Im creating an online marketplace that I will take a commission off each sale, so on a $30 item i will be taking a razor thin cut. It's hard to have a high AOV when the demographic doesn't necessarily have a ton of money, and im not too sure how often they will come back to the marketplace. This sort of leaves facebook, and adwords out of the equation because I may not hit a $30 lcv running on commission.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What would you recommend doing if your target demographic does not have much disposable income? Im afraid im going to run into the same traffic, and sales problems. Im creating an online marketplace that I will take a commission off each sale, so on a $30 item i will be taking a razor thin cut. It's hard to have a high AOV when the demographic doesn't necessarily have a ton of money, and im not too sure how often they will come back to the marketplace. This sort of leaves facebook, and adwords out of the equation because I may not hit a $30 lcv running on commission.

I would find another market, IMHO.

There are plenty of markets where people will give you money hand over first with the right offer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.