The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to look for investors?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

finances5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 20, 2010
Hi,

If a business owner is looking for investors to invest in his or her company, where should the owner look for them? What are some of the good sources? Are there some good organizations or websites to look into? Are there some good forums out there that serves this purpose, etc? If needed, send me some info in a pm.

I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andrew Ward

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 29, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Not sure if this is a proven method but here is what I would try if searching for venture capital.

I'd take a look on companies house (or the US equivalent register of corporations) to see what shareholders are out there for local businesses in your sector (this should be public info). You may find some people who are listed as majority shareholders for several businesses. This could suggest that they regularly provide venture capital to small businesses like yours.

Many credit checking services let you see all the companies that a director or shareholder is associated with which may provide easier access to this info at a price.

This said make sure that you are ready to talk to a possible investor before jumping in feet first.

Edit: just to add to this. I'd then pay £30 for a month to sign up to linked in premium. Of you can find the person on linked in then this will allow you to direct message them. Reach out to them in as many ways as possible to communicate your value (phone, email, Linkedin etc) without being too intrusive.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted35442

Hi,

If a business owner is looking for investors to invest in his or her company, where should the owner look for them? What are some of the good sources? Are there some good organizations or websites to look into? Are there some good forums out there that serves this purpose, etc? If needed, send me some info in a pm.

I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
These people are pitched constantly. Especially if you put "investor" or "angel investor" It's probably tantamount to being a hot girl on sites like adultfriendfinder. Your best bets, LinkedIn, and angel.co where these people openly put themselves out there and you can find them in whatever area you're in for the most part. For LinkedIn, let's say you lived in Cleveland "LinkedIn + "Angel Investor" + Cleveland" but angel.co is much easier.

This is an amazing thread on how you might find emails for these people if unlisted: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-to-find-almost-any-email-address.59413/

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.