The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(First Post) Starting A Fitness Apparel Company: My Plan

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
@Envision - We are going to wait until we have proven sales and revenue before we jump all in and form the legal foundation of the company. It just doesn't make sense for us to pay for all of that right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
I feel ya, I'm going through the same thoughts right now man good luck with everything

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
It is a learning experience and something we need to work through as entrepreneurs and come out on top. Keep fighting and working towards your goal man. We are going to get our asses kicked more times than one so get ready for a journey haha.

Funky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 25, 2014
Guys, I'd like you to check the link im posting. This artices is aobut the FOUNDATIONS. If you find the time
check the whole website. There's a lot of info about e-commerce templates, marketing etc. Very helpful if you ask me.

http://bit.ly/1oBylSG

@Dillon
Good luck with your exam, bro! What kind of certification are you getting..ISSA?!

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks for sharing that link, I will give it a look. The certification is through NASM and for now I am just getting my personal trainer CPT cert. :) The pressure it on haha.

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
Quick Update:

Personal - Sorry for not being that active here again. When I get focused on something I dive fully in lol. I was able to pass my PT Cert! I've been working on developing my personal training client base which is incredibly frustrating but making progress which is good.

Fitness Apparel Startup - After working with a local manufacturer of our product after a few months, we've come to learn how unreliable he is. Never risk your product, inventory management and business by using someone you can't fully trust and rely on. Lesson learned and our launch date pushed back a bit. Regardless of problems or setbacks, you must push forward and find a way. "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying." - Anonymous

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
Quick Update:

We received our first inventory of clothing and have built a massive following on Instagram. It seems as though social will be our main focus when it comes to marketing and keeping expenses low.

The worst thing happened. We spent the last of our money on inventory which was then stolen from my house within a few days..... :/

Because I am fully dedicated and not giving up, we reached out to our manufacturer who offered to reprint our first shirts at cost which was something we could afford. Now, we are just waiting to receive this next order, design a few more shirts, launch the site and let our followers know! :)

Very exciting stuff guys! We are on our way :)

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
Quick Update:

Received our second order (secured it so it doesn't get stolen) and focused on creating a few more designs before we launch. I really want to get our eCommerce site launched this week so we can begin taking orders and sell out of our initial inventory asap.

Once we are launched I may share the site for feedback :)

These past two weeks have really tested my patience, especially with my co-founder. We need to focus on having very clear roles within the company so I don't have to do everything within the business. With a growing personal training career my time is limited and I need my co-founder to take some of the weight off my back and help make progress.

I'm very upset about the time it has taken launch this company. It should have taken a MAX of a month, but has spiraled into three months.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
With a growing personal training career my time is limited and I need my co-founder to take some of the weight off my back and help make progress.

I disagree. ALL of the weight should be on your back...and yours alone. Buy out the other person or send them on their way.

I'm very upset about the time it has taken launch this company. It should have taken a MAX of a month, but has spiraled into three months.

Ha.....yea, that's horrible ;)

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
I agree. I've never worked with someone else before and it drives me insane. Unfortunately, we are great friends so I have to tread lightly in how I handle this because I don't want to lose a friend over an idea.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
How is this going? Found this in a google search..

lovecharm

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 13, 2013
Delaware, USA
@Dillon Carter, Well good to see a fellow clothing brand entrepreneur here. I also launched my clothing brand earlier this year. Mine is at a larger scale, so I have a 16,000 sqr feet warehouse, plus I own factories in Asia, my marketing and sales is geared towards the big boys, which are chain stores as my sales projection and target is 7 figure marks, but then again, we invested 7 figures in the business so we need to go for that much return.

Out of curiosity, how many other people in here are in Clothing business? It will be good for all of us to get together and share our stories.

By the way, Dillion, I am messaging you some new ideas in private, get back to me on them.

Take care.

LC

Andrew Ward

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 29, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Before you go ahead and start doing anything with this business please make sure that you have a plan on how to deal with higher volumes of orders whilst maintaining your margins.

Doing everything yourself whilst you have no cash is great but if you don't plan for volume then your business will fail when you do achieve it.

For example you may find you can get your per-unit cost down by ordering in bulk from a different country, or you may find a print fulfilment house that can give you reasonable rates on bespoke orders without requiring your time to facilitate.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
I'm in the clothing industry as well.

Have my own branded clothing for a certain niche with a single competitor. Things are looking GREAT so far and its only been a month since I started the company.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.