The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fantasy Football, 2015-2016 (Smacktalk starts pg 4)

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Huh?? I didn't withdraw it, I said you can have either ... just thought J Stew was more attractive cuz he isn't rolling with a questionable tag.
And I got this:

The following trade, which had been proposed to you in Fantasy Fastlane, has been cancelled by the manager that originally proposed it. As a result, you can no longer accept, reject or counter this offer.

Blake Bortles to MJ's team
Matt Forte to IWokeUp's team
*shrug* I'd definitely consider Matt Forte....

And I know someone in desperate need of a RB ... unless you're cool with 3 carries in a game. I know my QB won't score me a ZERO or a 1.5; your RB will.
Well played! Now, I know that BB can really produce. What have you got in trade? :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
For a second there you were reminding me of my other league where a guy keeps telling us how glad he is to have Eric Decker because he's "so beautiful""
A true LOL comment.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I'm hereby announcing that, FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, Blake Bortles is on the block.

And before anyone mocks...the dude's been SOLID in FF.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm hereby announcing that, FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, Blake Bortles is on the block.

And before anyone mocks...the dude's been SOLID in FF.
I'd take the Forte and run in your situation.

Though he is getting kind of old. And Jeremy Langford looked good last week, good enough to earn some sharing of carries. And they did say a few weeks ago even before Forte's injury that Langford would have a bigger role down the stretch. So clearly now MJ is trying to shaft you and you should hold out for that Devonta Freeman/Matt Forte combo.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
*shrug* I'd definitely consider Matt Forte....

Again, all you had to do was counter for him (don't you read the trade notes?!??!!?) So lets try this again.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Again, all you had to do was counter for him (don't you read the trade notes?!??!!?) So lets try this again.
Trade accepted. Go big or go home, I always say.

Probably going home, but what the heck? Could be fun.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What are these trade notes that you speak of... ;)

When you make a trade, you can add a comment or notes... I said something like "take Forte or J. Stew, your choice."

You have the tie breaker over me if we go head to head for the last playoff spot. Somewhat concerning...

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
You have the tie breaker over me if we go head to head for the last playoff spot. Somewhat concerning...

As I understood it positions in our league go off Points For rather than Head to Head. You're in a far healthier position there.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As I understood it positions in our league go off Points For rather than Head to Head. You're in a far healthier position there.

Hmmm... maybe, I always thought the default was head-to-head. I don't recall changing the setting.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So I dropped Le'Veon Bell in my keeper league. He's out for the season, and I have two other people I'd rather keep (maybe) heading into the off-season. Bell is not on the NFL's cannot cut list as he's out for the year (after missing the first two games of the season.

One of the nutcases that won't make the playoffs this year in that league came UNGLUED (read:stalkerish) when I dropped him. He pitched a barrage of verbal assaults, and eventually wore out the commissioner (his pal.)

The commissioner of that league reversed the transaction, and has declared Bell "unavailable for the season" and will put Bell into the supplemental draft next year.

Whether you agree with the stalker or not (as he has a valid point as seemingly I could have traded Bell vs. dropping him) this to me is more of a precautionary tale. People take this shit so extremely serious, and when you are in a league with a bunch of randoms you never know what issues in life they are facing that may cause them to go psychotic over something as innocuous as dropping a player that is not on the "can't cut" list.

Never lose perspective (as many, too many people do) that this is supposed to be fun. I think when FanDuels came along, it switched from a full spectator diversion into a vehicle that many people dream about making an income from. The ultimate in slowlane mental masturbation --- dreaming that your mad fantasy football skills will get you rich (if ONLY THAT guy hadn't dropped an IR player from his roster.)

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm wondering how I'd price up the league for a betting market.

He's Such A Show Off would be the logical favorite with a playoff spot clinched and likely going to get a first round bye.

However MJ has the strongest roster and could easily come charging into the playoffs where his team would likely be favorite vs any other. The problem with his position is that Brown/Bryant/Williams on a bye this week means he may be in danger of losing to Squirrels, which would leave him with a maximum of 6 wins. The cut-off point for the playoffs could be either 6 or 7 wins. We know MJ doesn't matchup well vs animals, having previously had a bad experience with ferrets.

I'm sort of plodding away there in 4th but a heavy underdog the next two weeks and lacking a bit of firepower even if I make the playoffs. I would suggest that Andrew Luck number 1 overall pick hasn't quite worked out but my next option was Leveon Bell which would have turned out even worse.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm wondering how I'd price up the league for a betting market.

He's Such A Show Off would be the logical favorite with a playoff spot clinched and likely going to get a first round bye.

However MJ has the strongest roster and could easily come charging into the playoffs where his team would likely be favorite vs any other. The problem with his position is that Brown/Bryant/Williams on a bye this week means he may be in danger of losing to Squirrels, which would leave him with a maximum of 6 wins. The cut-off point for the playoffs could be either 6 or 7 wins. We know MJ doesn't matchup well vs animals, having previously had a bad experience with ferrets.

I'm sort of plodding away there in 4th but a heavy underdog the next two weeks and lacking a bit of firepower even if I make the playoffs. I would suggest that Andrew Luck number 1 overall pick hasn't quite worked out but my next option was Leveon Bell which would have turned out even worse.

You guys ahead of me should be shitting bricks and hoping I don't make it into the first playoff tier... Unfortunately this week with all my bye's make it a coin flip and I need this week or it's bust.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just got a trade offer for Bortles and Chandrick West for P. Rivers and Duke Johnson... LOL, like why didn't you ask for Deangelo Williams too!?!

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
You guys ahead of me should be shitting bricks and hoping I don't make it into the first playoff tier... Unfortunately this week with all my bye's make it a coin flip and I need this week or it's bust.
Pretty much my assessment if I were setting a market on it. Everyone ahead of you on the leaderboard is a Squirrel fan this week. You get past that hurdle and you're a strong chance to keep winning on an 8 match streak to the title. Very hard to beat a team with the consistent production of Brown/West/Freeman/Williams.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I picked up Tony Romo 2 weeks ago, and now I am going to start him this weekend as he throws for 300 yards and three scores (2 passing, 1 rushing).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I picked up Tony Romo 2 weeks ago, and now I am going to start him this weekend as he throws for 300 yards and three scores (2 passing, 1 rushing).

Why aren't you playing in our league when it was offered?

It's been fun this year.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Anyone else up the leaderboard going to admit they're hoping Brady throws about 7 tds tonight?

The fact MJs team absorbs two top rbs getting injured on gameday, with another and Antonio on a bye, suggests he may be too hard to stop if he gets into the playoffs. Hope these squirrels are ferocious

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Brady's due for an egg, circa early season last year.
Translation-"I threw a side judge a few $$$$ to blow the whistle when Amendola is going to break off a big td"

I see this moves you up to 6th. Someone needs to stop this runaway train next week.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Translation-"I threw a side judge a few $$$$ to blow the whistle when Amendola is going to break off a big td"

I see this moves you up to 6th. Someone needs to stop this runaway train next week.

Only injuries can block my path to the championship!!

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Only injuries can block my path to the championship!!
Given your endless stream of running backs I'm needing a 10 touchdown performance from Stafford today to have any chance of an upset.

Obviously the rest of the leaderboard don't want to see this rampaging wolf come into the playoffs. A lone giant vegetable stands in the way.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Given your endless stream of running backs I'm needing a 10 touchdown performance from Stafford today to have any chance of an upset.

Obviously the rest of the leaderboard don't want to see this rampaging wolf come into the playoffs. A lone giant vegetable stands in the way.
He had 5 touchdowns today LOL.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

You got exactly what you needed, plus you replaced my Freeman with your Coleman. I'm gonna need another Brady-to-Amendolaesque reprieve.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
You got exactly what you needed, plus you replaced my Freeman with your Coleman. I'm gonna need another Brady-to-Amendolaesque reprieve.
Congrats, even with injuries a tad too much firepower for my more limited squad.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
This was a horrible season for me. Shouldn't have traded Bortles for Forte. Well played MJ.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
This was a horrible season for me. Shouldn't have traded Bortles for Forte. Well played MJ.
I traded for Bortles in another league and he wasn't going that well much of todays game, particularly in the redzone. The Chargers blew a chance to ice the game at 2 min which let him tack on a late score. He does have a nice schedule though, especially New Orleans week 16.

I see you're reading NO BS Marketing To The Affluent-have you gone through that series?

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I traded for Bortles in another league and he wasn't going that well much of todays game, particularly in the redzone. The Chargers blew a chance to ice the game at 2 min which let him tack on a late score. He does have a nice schedule though, especially New Orleans week 16.

I see you're reading NO BS Marketing To The Affluent-have you gone through that series?
Ah, but if I'd kept BB then I'd have made 21 more points today than I did. Would it have changed the outcome? Not likely, but at least I wouldn't have a QB earning 8 WHOLE POINTS.

Just starting now. This is the first book that I've read by DK and I'm about 1/3d of the way through it.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Ah, but if I'd kept BB then I'd have made 21 more points today than I did. Would it have changed the outcome? Not likely, but at least I wouldn't have a QB earning 8 WHOLE POINTS.

Just starting now. This is the first book that I've read by DK and I'm about 1/3d of the way through it.
Yes I saw Brees' efforts since I had Cooks and MJ had Texans D.

I like the No BS series, nothing too ground-breaking in there but logical stuff and easy to read once you train yourself to ignore the GKIC upsells. Business Success and Wealth Attraction are both good books with general themes. Price Strategy is the best of the more specific books.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.