The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm leaving

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
After ONLY 3 months at my job, I was laid off... Feeling down on my way home I thought to myself "Why don't I just leave?" And then doubt came in. I've doubted myself for way to long. Hell I haven't been anywhere out of the Northeast.

I started to think how I can escape the cold winter of Maryland, and relocate myself somewhere much much warmer. I have a paid for car (needs a bit of work but is drivable), I don't have a lease, have little debt, and about $400 to my name. So I'm doing it, I'm leaving the comfort of my home and going across america. From Maryland to somewhere west or warm. I will be hitting most major southern cities like Richmond, Myrtle beach, Atlanta, Feyettville, Jacksonville, Orlando, New Orleans, Austin, Dallas, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Etc.

Here's the thing, I'm leaving Friday, December the 4th. If I don't leave by Friday, I give full permission for any of the mods to permanently delete my account.

EDIT: For proof of me doing this, I will post pictures, and offer people to friend me on Snapchat after Friday.My Snapchat is : Theadamsfamilyy

I'm prepping for this trip by pawning anything I don't need.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
hmm...well the only thing that can truly prevent you from leaving is you. Besides you're own fears. I wish you well on your adventure.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Hmmm. Are you up and moving to a new city?

$400 + some pawned off items might equal i am guessing no more then $2k.

How do you plan on swinging through all of those cities and finding a place to live + pay for rent?

Very interested as i am also living in the northeast my whole life (NYC) and i believe i get seasonally depressed during winter. Would love to hear the plan.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
I wish you well on your adventure.
Thank you!
Hmmm. Are you up and moving to a new city?

$400 + some pawned off items might equal i am guessing no more then $2k.

How do you plan on swinging through all of those cities and finding a place to live + pay for rent?

Very interested as i am also living in the northeast my whole life (NYC) and i believe i get seasonally depressed during winter. Would love to hear the plan.
I'm Just up and leaving. I haven't seen most of the US so i'll hit the cities that seem appealing, and narrow down the one I would like to move to. I will be sleeping in my car a lot but also using sites like Couchsurfing.com! I'm in no rush, and will be freelancing while on the road.

But yes, I agree with you on getting seasonally depressed during the winter season.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Thank you!

I'm Just up and leaving. I haven't seen most of the US so i'll hit the cities that seem appealing, and narrow down the one I would like to move to. I will be sleeping in my car a lot but also using sites like Couchsurfing.com! I'm in no rush, and will be freelancing while on the road.

But yes, I agree with you on getting seasonally depressed during the winter season.

That is awesome, When i was wrestling i got to see most of those cities. New orleans, Bourbon street in particular was a phenomenal time.

What type of freelancing will you be doing?

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Kudos to you for taking the decision to go. That really is often the hardest part. Journeys like this can often be the real making of a person, especially when there isn't that cushion to fall back on. It makes it not a choice, but a necessity to make it work. I sincerely hope this works out for you and is the change in your life and direction that you're craving!

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
That is awesome, When i was wrestling i got to see most of those cities. New orleans, Bourbon street in particular was a phenomenal time.

What type of freelancing will you be doing?
I'll definitely have to check out Bourbon St then, thanks! The type of freelancing I will be doing is Blog writing, and Copywriting.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Journeys like this can often be the real making of a person
This is why I will be taking the Journey. I don't even know who I am anymore.
I sincerely hope this works out for you and is the change in your life and direction that you're craving!
Thank you, I do appreciate that. Also good luck to you on your ventures!

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
If anybody lives in any of the cities posted above or around there, feel free to hit me up, and we can hang out or something!

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
It's an awesome feeling tbh. Did it five years ago... quit 2 jobs and went to Western Canada for a month. Will do it again but next time I want to see the United States never been there. Keep us updated on how things go !!

Have fun !

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
It's an awesome feeling tbh. Did it five years ago... quit 2 jobs and went to Western Canada for a month. Will do it again but next time I want to see the United States never been there. Keep us updated on how things go !!

Have fun !
That's awesome! I would love to see Canada but I've heard it's really really cold

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Been at a place of hating my job, most of my life (which thinking about it, was my job!) And felt trapped. Applied for an opportunity on the other side of the world, had three weeks to sell everything I owned or get it stored somewhere and get on a plane with $2k to last me. Turns out It was the best decision I've ever made. Exciting times ahead for you even if they may be hard, good luck with the journey :)

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Exciting times ahead for you even if they may be hard, good luck with the journey :)
Wow, that's inspiring. I'm positive I will fall to hard times, but if i keep moving forward and progressing everyday I'll make it.
It reminds me in the book when MJ said he wanted it so bad he'd flip burgers if i meant living somewhere else. Wherever I make the move to, I'll do anything to stay. If it means to sell my car, get a minimum wage job until my business makes enough to cover my expenses, or ride my bike. I'll do it. Whatever it takes to be happy.

I'm even thinking as far as getting my TEFL and going to another country to teach English!

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Thank you!

Be careful with counting on Couthsurfing, unless you're verified with a lot of refs, not many people will host you unless you're coming from a foreign country and even then, they will still flake.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Be careful with counting on Couthsurfing, unless you're verified with a lot of refs, not many people will host you unless you're coming from a foreign country and even then, they will still flake.
I'm both payment verified and Phone # Verified

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Love this thread @RadioActive
Best wishes and be safe!!

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area btw if you ever make it out this way. Shoot me a PM if you do.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Love this thread @RadioActive
Best wishes and be safe!!

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area btw if you ever make it out this way. Shoot me a PM if you do.
Thank you! I will possibly be heading up that way to see San Fran, if so I will definitely shoot you a pm.

NoMess

Inventor/Entrepreuner
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 29, 2015
Clermont, FL
Best of luck on your journey!

When I was 19, I had a 3 month delay before I joined the military. Being from KY, I flew up to Washingtong state and got a "fly by night job" selling some super cleaner. They moved from city to city about every 3 days. I sold enough to be able to eat. I even got to see some great things before I found out it was really a drug running front. The end was a bit scary but I survived. Lots of great memories of those few months.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
After ONLY 3 months at my job, I was laid off... Feeling down on my way home I thought to myself "Why don't I just leave?" And then doubt came in. I've doubted myself for way to long. Hell I haven't been anywhere out of the Northeast.

I started to think how I can escape the cold winter of Maryland, and relocate myself somewhere much much warmer. I have a paid for car (needs a bit of work but is drivable), I don't have a lease, have little debt, and about $400 to my name. So I'm doing it, I'm leaving the comfort of my home and going across america. From Maryland to somewhere west or warm. I will be hitting most major southern cities like Richmond, Myrtle beach, Atlanta, Feyettville, Jacksonville, Orlando, New Orleans, Austin, Dallas, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Etc.

Here's the thing, I'm leaving Friday, December the 4th. If I don't leave by Friday, I give full permission for any of the mods to permanently delete my account.

EDIT: For proof of me doing this, I will post pictures, and offer people to friend me on Snapchat after Friday.My Snapchat is : Theadamsfamilyy

I'm prepping for this trip by pawning anything I don't need.
Today's the day! Get to it, looking forward to hearing about it.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You know that phrase "When in doubt, travel"? It's right. Coming from someone who is 5000 miles from home now, but doesn't regret making the move. Even if it quite doesn't work and you come back, you won't be in the same "place" or be the same person (also from experience). Of course I wish you that it works. Keep your eyes open for opportunities and keep us posted :D

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015
Have you begun your trip? I'm in Richmond and would love to meet up with you if you haven't already passed through. Let me know!

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
hope its going well!

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.