The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Can Sell Anything..AMA

Ask me anything!

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I will throw some advice and insides about this industry. Just for reference I worked at Honda, Lamborghini and multi-brands dealerships. Today I am still selling cars for a living on the side.

Is a great way to start on the sales industry. Few points:

- 100% commission. That means you need to sell, everyday, all day. ABC my friend. ALWAYS BE CLOSING.
- Extremely competitive. If you stay on this dealer or industry for a while you will see many people coming and going. Is very hard to get used to long hours, work saturday's, sunday's and holidays. Expect 50+ hours per week.
- Pay attention to your Pay Plan. I've worked for flat rates (U$250 per car), 20%, 30% commission of profit. At the beginning is usually low. With experience you can request a raise. Take advantage of bonus and spiffs.
- Learn a lot about sales. Grant Cardone is a reference into car sales industry.
- I would prefer to work for a large scale dealer and popular brands (Toyota, Honda, Ford). In Florida the number one dealer for Hondas was Rick Case, over 250 cars per month. More salespeople, but a lot walk-in traffic. You just need to be quick and attack every opportunity. Make tons of phone calls (50-100 per day).
- Guys making U$70-100k a year usually live there. Means they spend a lot of hours, have 10+ years of experience and have a great customer list.
- Always dress nicely, never crazy color shirts or ties. Nice and short hair cut. Hygiene always!

Some guys sell a lot of cars because they are "nice", some because know a lot technical info... I used to be a mix between the nice guy, and because I love cars I could explain many features.

After some years... Did I learn a lot? Yes. Do I regret? No. Would I work at a dealer again? I don't think so.

Today I control the buying, fixing and selling. I control the price, my time... is different and is probably the only reason I keep doing.

Good luck!
Good suff.

You sold Lambos? Lol thats awesome!

I believe this job isn't 100% commision. Salary + Commission.

The guy who interviewed me said the job is extremely easy compared to closing door to door which is what I did. We'll see about that.

Grant Cardone is awesome, been studying him for a while.

He said 55-60 hours a week, which is fine if I'm making decent money.

Good tips thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
What tips would you give someone who wants to get into sales, but has no experience?

Other than real world experience, would you recommend any specific books or courses on sales?

I'm an American currently living abroad. I know there are some telecommuting sales jobs. What are your thoughts on them? What's the best way to land these types of jobs? Any specific companies hiring? Any specific websites to find these jobs?

If you were to start learning sales today, which "type of sales" would you start off with? ( example: door to door, telemarketing, copywriting, etc...)
Dont read any books until you get your first sales job.

Get an entre level sales job where they hire everyone ( most do ). Your first sals job hits you like a ton of bricks and you learn a rediculous amount in your first week. After that, then start reading.

But studying sales before youve ever worked in sales wont do any good.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Build your list. Get names and emails. Continually follow up so you are always in mind. Make connections. And always over deliver!

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Build your list. Get names and emails. Continually follow up so you are always in mind. Make connections. And always over deliver!
Good advice.

However, this is more of a direct response approach.

10 people walk in the door, they want you to close 3-4 of them before they leave. The bosses close 6-7 of them.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Close 8. Have them 'closed' before they even get there because you followed up and took care of your client list.

Build your list!

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Good suff.

You sold Lambos? Lol thats awesome!

I believe this job isn't 100% commision. Salary + Commission.

The guy who interviewed me said the job is extremely easy compared to closing door to door which is what I did. We'll see about that.

Grant Cardone is awesome, been studying him for a while.

He said 55-60 hours a week, which is fine if I'm making decent money.

Good tips thank you.

That's why I told you.

Read your Pay Plan first. So there is no confusion later when you sell your first car. Every dealer is different.

A lot of times you spend 3-4 hours working in one customer to sell at no profit and make a flat rate (U$100 or so). After all the work you check your pay stub to get shit money but have no right to complain bc you don't know your pay plan.

When you know, you control the sale. Control the time you spend with each customer and if is worth your time.

You will have a lot of "free" time at the dealers. Meaning no customers coming through the door or phone ringing. Don't get caught. Use that time to make your own calls, send e-mails or to study.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
I believe Jockinbox no longer has access to this thread since he isnt an INSIDERS (in fact I dont seem him here often anymore)

Maybe a mod can move this thread can move it to public so Jockinbox can reply?

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
Thank you sir, I look forward to getting all your questions answered tomorrow. I've got a long flight to think them through

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Thinking about car sales myself, which blows because of the hours and sitting in a specific place. Granted, like above said, you should be calling/emailing but do size of the town/market you're in affect this? I live in an area mainly of college students, not a tremendous amount of inventory at these places (but enough), and around 40-50k population.

Also, is it wrong to ask about commissions and stuff when inquiring about the job, or only ask this in the interview?

Is it fair to ask before applying, or call around in general, to find out which dealership sells the most cars per month? I have a bunch of mom and pop shops, a bigger Ford, a bigger chevy, and then a bigger toyota/honda, and then one larger that sells nissan, jeep, buick. I hate to be limited to new or used, one specific make, and so forth...i want it alllllllllll.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Thought Id give a little feedback because of the replies Ive gotten to my "I need advice".

I had my third and final day of training today. Frankly all the responses you guys said are irrelevant.

@jockinbox I dont want you to waste your time typing a lengthy section, im good now.

Thanks for the responses though.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Thought Id give a little feedback because of the replies Ive gotten to my "I need advice".

I had my third and final day of training today. Frankly all the responses you guys said are irrelevant.

@jockinbox I dont want you to waste your time typing a lengthy section, im good now.

Thanks for the responses though.

Why was everyone's response irrelevant? Seems kinda "meh" to state everyone's advice was pretty poor when you were the one asking for help. Might have just said thanks and then given us details on things that were different. Look forward to hearing more details about the training. Dealerships around here stated training would be a couple of months and you'd make 1.5k-2k/mo and then straight commission.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Why was everyone's response irrelevant? Seems kinda "meh" to state everyone's advice was pretty poor when you were the one asking for help. Might have just said thanks and then given us details on things that were different. Look forward to hearing more details about the training. Dealerships around here stated training would be a couple of months and you'd make 1.5k-2k/mo and then straight commission.
Simple dont want Jockinbox to put a lot of thought and time in typing a response to my question anymore.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
I will throw some advice and insides about this industry. Just for reference I worked at Honda, Lamborghini and multi-brands dealerships. Today I am still selling cars for a living on the side.

Is a great way to start on the sales industry. Few points:

- 100% commission. That means you need to sell, everyday, all day. ABC my friend. ALWAYS BE CLOSING.
- Extremely competitive. If you stay on this dealer or industry for a while you will see many people coming and going. Is very hard to get used to long hours, work saturday's, sunday's and holidays. Expect 50+ hours per week.
- Pay attention to your Pay Plan. I've worked for flat rates (U$250 per car), 20%, 30% commission of profit. At the beginning is usually low. With experience you can request a raise. Take advantage of bonus and spiffs.
- Learn a lot about sales. Grant Cardone is a reference into car sales industry.
- I would prefer to work for a large scale dealer and popular brands (Toyota, Honda, Ford). In Florida the number one dealer for Hondas was Rick Case, over 250 cars per month. More salespeople, but a lot walk-in traffic. You just need to be quick and attack every opportunity. Make tons of phone calls (50-100 per day).
- Guys making U$70-100k a year usually live there. Means they spend a lot of hours, have 10+ years of experience and have a great customer list.
- Always dress nicely, never crazy color shirts or ties. Nice and short hair cut. Hygiene always!

Some guys sell a lot of cars because they are "nice", some because know a lot technical info... I used to be a mix between the nice guy, and because I love cars I could explain many features.

After some years... Did I learn a lot? Yes. Do I regret? No. Would I work at a dealer again? I don't think so.

Today I control the buying, fixing and selling. I control the price, my time... is different and is probably the only reason I keep doing.

Good luck!
Sounds like you may sell me a car. High pressure salesmen always see my back and never see me again. I hate that crap.

Another turn off tactic - I had one guy tell me his pity party story of how he's struggling to pay the bills, etc.. while I was test driving. Blew my mind because there was a lot of personal details in his story. A lie? Possibly, but it didn't matter. I don't care.

All that matters to me is if it's the car I decide I want and you've been cool to me. No high pressure, no BS sales tactics. Give me a good price and I'm sold.

One thing I rarely hear which I think would help a lot. Ask me what's important. Just because I have something in mind doesn't mean I'm not open to something else. And when they do suggest something else they just throw it out there. Rarely ever had anyone ask me, what's important in a car to you? Kids, gas mileage, off road, luxury? Price point is obvious which is all I usually get asked.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Sounds like you may sell me a car. High pressure salesmen always see my back and never see me again. I hate that crap.

Another turn off tactic - I had one guy tell me his pity party story of how he's struggling to pay the bills, etc.. while I was test driving. Blew my mind because there was a lot of personal details in his story. A lie? Possibly, but it didn't matter. I don't care.

All that matters to me is if it's the car I decide I want and you've been cool to me. No high pressure, no BS sales tactics. Give me a good price and I'm sold.

One thing I rarely hear which I think would help a lot. Ask me what's important. Just because I have something in mind doesn't mean I'm not open to something else. And when they do suggest something else they just throw it out there. Rarely ever had anyone ask me, what's important in a car to you? Kids, gas mileage, off road, luxury? Price point is obvious which is all I usually get asked.
Those salesman suck!

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
Okay so I got the time to read this thread over

@z6Evolved I agree with most if not everything you said in this thread

@thegrind if you didn't get the answer you wanted maybe you asked the wrong questions

@mrsilva thanks for sharing your wisdom friend, see you next week

@thiagomachado let us know what you decide to do

Alright so I wanna talk about change. The sales tactics I've written here have worked in the past and should continue to work into the future but with time you refine the skills you have and become more proficient.

Here's what I've changed in the past few months

I've quit selling. I negotiate. I've developed an 80/20 approach to sales and I eliminate much of the prospecting and qualifying.

I worked on this with Mrsilva to determine his 80/20 leverage point and find his highest income producing activity.

For me negotiating was/is the most profitable activity therefore I focus most of my energy on that.

So what should you as a salesperson or CEO focus on?

Well first make a list of all the activities in your business
Then we find how much income each activity produces
And finally we give a rough estimate of how much time we spend doing each activity

Here's the formula
Activity1 = time earned / hours spent
Activity2 = time earned / hours spent

I've also come to the realization that sales has made the most millionaires/billionaires of any profession or skill.

The ability to articulate and communicate your ideas in a convincing matter is essential not only to acquire riches but for any form of a successful life. After all the meaning of life is the creation and sharing of thoughts and experiences (in my opinion)

It can be said, however, that the better the product you are trying to sell or idea you are trying to convince, the less skill is required. Some products are of such excellence that they appear to "sell themselves"

I'd also like to finish this post with some practical steps to collecting money. It appears a lot of you are in the business of selling for someone else and I can show you a simple way to go into business for yourself.

1) find a product or niche you are enthusiastic and knowledgable about (think about what you can talk about easily on a Saturday night)
2) find a "supplier" this can be a company that makes the physical product for you to sell, or it can be a service company in which you outsource your work to
3) use your network to make your first 3 sales
4) go out and sell!

While this may seem like an oversimplified business model it will transition you from a sales associate to a true salesperson, living from your ability to move money from your clients pockets into yours. The stakes are higher, but so are the rewards.

Until next time,
Jock

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Worth a bump. There's been lots of sales related questions and threads lately.

@jockinbox hasn't logged in for a few months, but there's still a lot of great content in here already.

We're ALL sales people one way or another.

Getting your kids to brush their teeth is selling.

Getting someone to believe in themselves and take action is selling.

Convincing yourself to change what you're doing is selling.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
In B2B how do you break down the initial barrier with a secretary or receptionist and find the quickest possible way to talk to the decision maker? Do you have a special technique for doing so and qualifying the person over the phone so you don't waste your time.

Clever scripting usually gets you past the "gate keeper."

To develop the right script, you need to focus on the decision maker, and his relationship with the gate keeper. The gate keeper is there to protect the decision maker's time. She is there to help him do his job more efficiently, and avoid distractions.

Therefore, it is your job to make it obvious to the gate keeper that speaking to you is either customary and/or necessary.

Who are you calling?

If you're calling commercial property managers, find out which property each manager manages, and refer to that specific property.

If you're calling facility's managers, say that you're calling about a "facility's related inquiry." Or use the word "concern."

You might want to begin by viewing the admin or office manager as your ally. During your initial cold call, you need to pre-qualify the prospect. In other words, you need to know that you're talking to the decision-maker.

People often trip themselves up trying to figure out who the decision-maker is, even when it comes to asking the person on the phone. One easy way around this is just to make friends with the secretary or receptionist.

Don't overlook her (it's a female 98% of the time). Don't talk past her or over her. Don't sound like you're in such a rush to get off the phone with her. In most cases, she is there to help you, to make sure that you get to the right person.

I'll give you an example in my own experience. Just yesterday, I called the decision maker for a large firm I'm trying to close. The deal is worth six figures, possibly seven to me.

As you can imagine, the DM is very busy, working on a multitude of high-profile projects. We've had several phone meetings, and now it is time to get to the closing process.

But he's so damn hard to get on the phone.

Fortunately, I've made the acquaintance of the office manager. I recognize her voice when she answers, and she knows mine. She's helping me coordinate a meeting with the DM, passing messages back and forth between us, allowing for seamless communication that would otherwise be impossible (the guy rarely answers his phone, responds to an e-mail almost never).

When you're selling B2B, you need all the allies you can get. If you're selling big-ticket items, where you can make five, six or even seven figures on one sale or on one client, then you need to tilt the odds in your favor in every single situation.

The office manager/secretary/receptionist/administrative assistant can make or break you.

Put yourself in the decision maker's shoes. Imagine if his receptionist says:

A) "Sir, that nice, cool, interesting, sweet, professional guy called back to see what time you wanted to schedule that webinar..."

versus

B) "That annoying, rude, abrasive, arrogant, obnoxious sales person called... again."

Wanna sell for me?

Are you seeking 100% commission sales reps?

You're young, how do you get past that? Or, if so how do you make it an advantage?

I was 26 years old when I sold the corporate headquarters of Abercrombie and Fitch an electricity contract from First Energy Solutions.

They signed a three-year deal worth tens of millions of dollars in total revenue.

In that one deal, I produced more total business than many seasoned sales guys twice my age have produced in their entire careers.

The entire business decision took four days. From the time I contacted the decision-maker, to the time I got pricing, to the time I closed the deal - got the signature on the signature page from the head of facilities - it only took around 96 hours, and this all happened on the phone.

I was also the first energy broker to sell an electricity contract to a downtown office building in the AEP Ohio territory post deregulation circa 2009 - 2010.

So, how did I get past my age? My phone skills have allowed me to stay behind the scenes and sell decision makers 1.5 to 2.0 times my age.

Using the phone to get past my age allowed me to turn my age into an advantage. Like many millennials, I have strong research and analytical skills. However, unlike most millennials, I use these skills towards the acquisition of market data.

He who has the best market intelligence wins, just as - in warfare - he who knows his enemy (the competition), knows himself (his business, his capabilities) and knows the terrain (the marketplace, the customer, the industry, the needs, the problems, the solutions, etc) will never be in peril.

I use the gifts of youth - my skillz with the internetz - to find the best lists, information on corporate and business players.

I use advanced technology to run circles around ordinary salespeople. Most salespeople don't use a dialer; they pick up the phone, and make the calls manually. This only wastes time. If salesguy A and salesgirl B are both equal in skill, talent and work ethic, and salesguy A dials manually while salesgirl B uses a dialer, then salesgirl B will outperform salesguy A by 300%. Period.

For anyone trying to 10X their sales efforts, using a dialer is an obvious way to get a quick 3X boost.

Using dialers and advanced research reflects a millennial mindset, working smarter and not harder.

The phone sales game is a simple numbers game. The more calls you make, the more leads you get, the fatter your pipeline fills, and then it's a matter of your closing ratio.

In mastering the phone, I mastered the most powerful sales tool in the universe. The phone is the way to force your way into the marketplace, and make people listen to your message.

Last edited:

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
tonality is super important here, when you get to let me show you, lower your voice to indicate scarcity which leads to interest)
CLOSE

I can literally hear zig-ziglar talking to me with his deepest sales voice lol

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk

G

Guest34764

Using dialers and advanced research reflects a millennial mindset, working smarter and not harder.

Bestow me with your knowledge on dialers, please.

Should I code the dialer myself?

Should I have someone do it for me or buy it?

Where should I start?

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
The first step to getting past gatekeepers is to realize
that they are just doing their job and are human too not some
henchmen keeping you from making money.

If they are trained to deter sales guys it gonna be tough but not impossible
there are a few way's around that and one is the game of attrition.

Your pieces have to be played right every damn time.

First you have to set the atmosphere that this is important
and your tonality has to reflect this more so than what you actually say.

So the GK subconsciously thinks "okay this guy sounds important"

Then you drip feed the secretary what you are there for and tell
her to transfer the message.

She will most likely come back saying her boss doesn't know this and the third.

Drip feed her again and send her off.

she will come back again.... follow your intuition and repeat as necessary.

Your goal in all of this is to get her to pass on "the responsibility" of the call.

Which is generally the nature of her job.

Then the boss comes on the phone to "shut you down" and at this point
your offer must be a no brainer! I mean literally the best thing since slice bread and
if not you need to revise your offer.

Usually you'll get some sort of interested sound if your offer is good
at least that's how the top guys in my market react.

They are rough around the edges and the handshake's a deal type of guys.
But they warm up quickly if you aren't there to rip them off, are conversationalists,
not fond of email, they usually have their assistant managing it.

That's usually when I am going up the ladder so to speak....

In most of my calls owners are on the phone 40% of the time but they'll say the
owner is busy or out of the area.

What do I do?

I pitch them although in reality I am just gauging interest and having a 2 min conversation.

And don't give them my name or number!

I see if they ask for it and if they do it means I most likely have the owner on the phone
and it could also be the secretary doing their job taking my message.

In the following days I get called back about my message and the whole enchilada.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Bestow me with your knowledge on dialers, please.

Would you rather use your cellphone and a laptop, or would you prefer to use a VOIP system?

Personally, I prefer the cellphone-and-laptop setup, because you can use this tool anywhere: In your home office or on the beach, in Texas or in Tijuana, in California or in the Caribbean. You only need an Internet connection and cell phone service to make this work.

Should I code the dialer myself? Should I have someone do it for me or buy it?

Just buy it. It's not complicated at all. Very simple.

You shouldn't spend anymore than $150 - $200 per month on a dialer.

Just buy it, set it up, and it will start making calls for you. Simply import your call list in spreadsheet format.

Upload the list, and you literally click a button that says "start dialing," or something to that effect (depends on which platform/software you subscribe to).

To connect to the dialer, the system will provide you with a number to call into. If you use your cell phone to make sales calls (as I do), you call that number with your cell, and you - viola! - you just 3X'd your prospecting.

Once you begin using the dialer, you will never have to manually dial another phone number; you will never have to listen to another phone ring; you will never have to listen to a client's or prospect's voice mail.

People don't dread cold calls; they dread the monotony. They dread the downtime, the wasted time - the time spent dialing, listening to phone rings, and leaving voice mails - the time not spent actually speaking to potential or actual clients and customers.

Sales gurus have written entire books on the concept of call reluctance. Books on Amazon.com discussing the subject of call reluctance include:

Call Reluctance: Lose The Negative Feelings Keeping You From the Success You Deserve

The Psychology of Sales Call Reluctance

How I Conquered Call Reluctance, Fear of Self-Promotion, & Increased My Prospecting

From Hello To Yes in 3 Minutes Or Less: How to Overcome Call Reluctance Know Exactly What to Say and Avoid Rejection When Using the Telephone as a Network Marketing Professional

Frank Rambaskas has sold 50,000 by tapping into the sales community's deep aversion to cold calling. However, one of Frank's best "never cold call" recommendations entails hiring others to make the calls for you, an idea @jockinbox mentioned in the OP.

No matter who makes the calls, they should make them with a dialer if they want to be 300% more efficient than the person not using the dialer.

People don't dread talking to potential customers; they dread the mind-numbingly boring hours spent listening to voice mails, listening to phone rings, busy signals and leaving voice mails.

Anyone in sales knows about how momentum affects a salesperson's mentality. When you close a deal, get a hot lead, or have any kind of conversation that could and should lead to real business, you get a rush of excitement, a sense that you can do it again. A dialer generates a phenomenal amount of momentum, allowing you to immediately move on to the next exciting conversation.

Where should I start?

Is it just you making calls, or do you have a team?

Last edited:
G

Guest34764

Is it just you making calls, or do you have a team?

It's just me.I'll more than likely will be using a dialer in the future for some stuff so it's good to know these things in advance.

Also, I thank you for the very detailed post.That was awesome.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
It's just me.I'll more than likely will be using a dialer in the future for some stuff so it's good to know these things in advance.

Also, I thank you for the very detailed post.That was awesome.

Cool.

First, if I were you, I would use a dialer to enhance what I do. Imagine how much more powerful your moves would be, if you multiplied your efforts by three.

As part of my FL legacy, I give you a little extra weaponry. <<-- If you click on that link, you'll begin to think how I think, that you can prospect faster than the average sales rep can blink. Call the customer service number, and relieve your curiosity's hunger.

If you buy that dialer, it will call up to three lines at a time. Since time is money, use the dialer so that you do not waste a dime.

Second, you will immediately see that you enjoy not wasting a second. I hope that I have accelerated your progress in becoming your own legend.

G

Guest34764

Second, you will immediately see that you enjoy not wasting a second. I hope that I have accelerated your progress in becoming your own legend.

Indeed, you will and have.It's always great seeing you around the forums I love your attitude.

Thanks for the help man.

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
Cool.

First, if I were you, I would use a dialer to enhance what I do. Imagine how much more powerful your moves would be, if you multiplied your efforts by three.

As part of my FL legacy, I give you a little extra weaponry. <<-- If you click on that link, you'll begin to think how I think, that you can prospect faster than the average sales rep can blink. Call the customer service number, and relieve your curiosity's hunger.

If you buy that dialer, it will call up to three lines at a time. Since time is money, use the dialer so that you do not waste a dime.

Hey man.

I tried the cold emailing thing and I get the feeling people don't take me seriously.

Would you agree that hitting the phones is the best thing still?:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Hey man.

I tried the cold emailing thing and I get the feeling people don't take me seriously.

Would you agree that hitting the phones is the best thing still?:

Do you take your own hustle seriously? I ask, because you can't expect others to take you seriously if you don't take your own hustle seriously.

I have no idea what you're selling. I bet the prospects you call have the same felling, as evidenced by the fact that a prospect you called sounded confused.

You have to KNOW that what you're selling provides serious value to the prospect. You have to know it and believe it the way a religious zealot believes in his holy scriptures. You need to memorize your script the way a monk knows his religious text. You won't get all hung up - or hung up on - once you have the conviction and knowledge that comes from preparation and immersion.

5holiday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 7, 2012
Any know - how do you sell a service that is somewhat reactive?

For example, I work with a company that develops IT products (such as Apps, cloud based applications, etc) for medium sized companies who have ideas but not the know-how or inclination to develop in house. Problem is, companies most companies aren't going to need you (ever) or if they do, what are the chances that you catch them close to when they start?

I feel as though it is a bit like selling legal services for accidents - you can't really sell someone until it's happened.

Thoughts?

thunder_god

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 20, 2015
Great thread. I'm currently facing some issues getting sales.

I just started a freelance writing business. I've been pitching to local mom and pop companies through cold emails and managed to snag one client so far. I've had about 5-6 companies express interest in my first email. About 3-4 asked for pricing right away. I gave it to them and never heard back, except one person who offered to pay me 1/4 of what I was charging, I said no thanks.

1 prospect asked how my services could help them, I wrote them a somewhat lengthy email and never heard back. I even followed up with them one more time and got nowhere. Another prospect said its low season right now but might need my services later unless I had any other ideas and also inquired about pricing/services. I wrote them a lengthy email offering several suggestions on how they could improve their website with my services, as well as my services and pricing. I haven't heard back from them neither.

Seem's there is interest but I'm screwing up somewhere along the path. Not sure if its my pricing but it seemed very reasonable because my one client told me what they were paying their previous client and I have also done some research on how to price my services as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.