The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

'change' starts with an event. Events only take a moment.

Anything related to matters of the mind

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Apologies if this is in the wrong section..

Change isn't always instantaneous, but It only takes one event to start the process of change. An event occurs in just a second.

It's not a huge event in this instance, which I'm sure many on here have had several of; but I thought I'd share as it's funny how things pan out and can change your perspective.

I've been spending a bit of time trying a few different, slightly related niches and marketing methods as of late, due to time constraints and certain situations meaning that my 'master plan' is on slow motion for a few more months in order to fund-up. But the last few weeks I've become increasingly anxious. What if it doesn't pan out. What if it doesn't get me there. What if I have to give up.

This manifested in wanting to wrap up a venture that I started a few months with the intent of committing, experimenting and growing. By chance, my sister sent me a meme out of the blue:

11036835_1048727575160164_4353913057351709814_n.jpg

Remembered that the front was shaped like a 911, and remembered it genuinely was my first "Porsche". I was told I'd always be dreaming about the real thing, and amongst all the anguish it's been a long time since I stopped and smelled the roses. I looked around me whilst looking at the photo on my phone and realised I was sat in that dream Porsche from when I was 4 and I could not pinpoint how or when it happened or began to happen. It lifted my spirits but didn't change my mood. Then as I sat at a blank sheet of paper trying to work out my next move several hours later, my phone beeped. I looked at it to find that my first 'decent' order has come through, right on the eve of wanting to pack this particular venture in.

It's a minor sale in the great scheme of things, but the power of a sale that amounts to less than I earn in an hour of the current day job, has energised me more than a week's pay ever has. I've been going through the motions, feeling somewhat stuck, and frustrated doing a well paid day job that it isn't the time to leave yet; and things have reminded me that it's simply a turn of the cog, part of the journey, a moment in the process.

A sale that is the result of some late night's research, some marketing and some web and hosting fees over the last couple of months.

The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes, in a bad situation, you need to stop, smell the roses, have a look around at the sunshine through the clouds and just realise that there are 86,400 seconds in a day. And that's 86,400 opportunities for things to begin to change. I've made my first $xxx sale; the first $xxxx sale feels 10 times closer. Don't give up, keep increasing your chances of the next second being the 'one' that introduces you to your next chapter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Moved to mindset/motivation

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
and can change your perspective.

Your perspective is the part of you that has the most to do with your enjoyment of life. It is the reason that some people are successful and others are not. Every part of your experience in this world comes from your perspective. What you accomplish is a result of perspective.

The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes, in a bad situation, you need to stop, smell the roses
Here comes my controversial shit.

There are many perceived problems in life. The key word is perceived. If your perspective is such that everything is viewed as "good and bad", you will tend to dwell on the bad and let it affect your life in an unpleasant way. Even sickness, death and taxes can be dealt with differently for most of us.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
Hello Stevo,

I agree with you on perspective. My question is instead of looking at things as "good or bad" what is that "different way" a person can look at things in life?

Thanks!

- Jesse

Your perspective is the part of you that has the most to do with your enjoyment of life. It is the reason that some people are successful and others are not. Every part of your experience in this world comes from your perspective. What you accomplish is a result of perspective.

There are many perceived problems in life. The key word is perceived. If your perspective is such that everything is viewed as "good and bad", you will tend to dwell on the bad and let it affect your life in an unpleasant way. Even sickness, death and taxes can be dealt with differently for most of us.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Hello Stevo,

I agree with you on perspective. My question is instead of looking at things as "good or bad" what is that "different way" a person can look at things in life?

Thanks!

- Jesse
View everything as an experience. Accept the emotions and as you feel them let them go. We tend to accept the good emotions but hang on to what we view as bad. They continue to affect our lives and perspective.

Just accept what you feel as an experience and move on.

Last edited:

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015

I do agree with that and I suppose bad probably would have read more with the tone I meant it in as ''bad''. I do believe that everything that happens is merely an occasion and it's what you do with that occasion ie what perspective you approach it with that dictates whether it really is 'good' or 'bad'. My take on life is to accept what you can't change and change what I can. Invariably tilt the scales by moving anything that might otherwise reside on the 'bad' side and put a perspective on it that allows me to put it on the good side or otherwise not see it once it's passed. When you change your perspective, things like danger, fear, loss can all become viewed as opportunities or events that don't have a lasting effect because you've already cemeted and started building over them.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015

I do agree with that and I suppose bad probably would have read more with the tone I meant it in as ''bad''. I do believe that everything that happens is merely an occasion and it's what you do with that occasion ie what perspective you approach it with that dictates whether it really is 'good' or 'bad'. My take on life is to accept what you can't change and change what I can. Invariably tilt the scales by moving anything that might otherwise reside on the 'bad' side and put a perspective on it that allows me to put it on the good side or otherwise not see it once it's passed. When you change your perspective, things like danger, fear, loss can all become viewed as opportunities or events that don't have a lasting effect because you've already cemeted and started building over them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.