The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

OldCountryBoy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 24, 2015
I have a rooted android device which allows me to create unlimited accounts. There are alsoe services out there that create IG accounts for you. You do need dedicated IG proxies which I also pay for. And I have sources over seas for phone verification as well as a pv (phone verification) panel (no way around phone verifications)

Read all my previous posts in this thread.
Could you elaborate a little more on your phone verification process.? I have a means to create my accounts but atm I'm indecisive as to whether I should just buy actual sim cards or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
@JimD thanks for all the replies in this thread already.

What do you do about photos' copyright? I read that posting images that you don't have the copyright to can get you in real trouble. How do you handle this? I'm about to start the instagram account for our business soon and want to post 2-3 times a day, our business is in the music market so it would be awesome to post celebrity images too, but I'm kinda unsure right now what to do because of the possibility of getting sued for using images I don't own.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
Hey @JimD

You said you only do like actions. Is it a good way to stay under the radar from IG banning accounts?

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
Hey Everyone

I am new to the forum, but not new to home business or internet marketing.

I recently began building an IG account using the follow/unfollow method.

I started with a small but aged account - less than 1000 followers - and went aggressive in order to build to 5000 within the first month.

This was 1 month ago.

Currently, my account is at 5400.

Through consistent research, I found this thread and, heeding the warning by @JimD that the follow/unfollow method would get my account banned, I removed that part of my plan.

I do not want to get banned as this is my personal account.

I immediately started liking 2000 - 2500 images a day in a niche market.

Here is the challenge.

I WAS getting 200+ follows a day and for the last three days since making this change, I have gotten 16 follows TOTAL.

So the new direction is NOT working.

I am using followliker and I want to get my account to 50K as soon as possible.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
Hey Everyone

I am new to the forum, but not new to home business or internet marketing.

I recently began building an IG account using the follow/unfollow method.

I started with a small but aged account - less than 1000 followers - and went aggressive in order to build to 5000 within the first month.

This was 1 month ago.

Currently, my account is at 5400.

Through consistent research, I found this thread and, heeding the warning by @JimD that the follow/unfollow method would get my account banned, I removed that part of my plan.

I do not want to get banned as this is my personal account.

I immediately started liking 2000 - 2500 images a day in a niche market.

Here is the challenge.

I WAS getting 200+ follows a day and for the last three days since making this change, I have gotten 16 follows TOTAL.

So the new direction is NOT working.

I am using followliker and I want to get my account to 50K as soon as possible.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Max

You can still follow/unfollow, you just need to lower the limits. I used to unfollow 2k a day, now I can only do 200 or so without getting bans.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
@jordsmi

Thanks for the feedback. I got the impression - based upon this thread - that F/UF was a "do not do"

@JimD basically says that in his posts.

I don't care either way, I just want to get 200 follows a day and not get banned.

Last edited:

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Hey Jim,

When you say targeted likes in the niche, do you just target other popular IGers in that niche? I started with my account today, I am using followliker, Its been running all day but I've only gained about 10 followers. I have a max of 800 likes per day with 17-28 intervals. Should I be targeting hashtags in that niche?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hey Jim,

When you say targeted likes in the niche, do you just target other popular IGers in that niche? I started with my account today, I am using followliker, Its been running all day but I've only gained about 10 followers. I have a max of 800 likes per day with 17-28 intervals. Should I be targeting hashtags in that niche?

Please read all my previous posts in this thread. A lot of the recent questions asked I've answered already.

zapcity

God is in the details
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 29, 2013
Hey JimD
Thanks for a great AMA. I've learned a lot more about IG, greatly appreciated!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is how do you handle weeding out the spam. I am using followliker and I am scraping followers of a larger account. Inevitably I scroll through my likes and see terrible things I liked and quickly unlike them. I add that user to the do not follow part of the bot, but it seems like a never ending process of weeding out the crap. Is there any way around this or do you find people don't really look at all the images that you have liked and don't worry about it?

Lawrence Barse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 8, 2014
Hey @JimD ,

I've been following your strategy of Liking pictures of people who are following Big Accounts in my niche.
Just to be clear, I'm not using a bot, I'm doing it manually.
I'm liking on an average 5 posts per follower.

Now, based on what I've read on this thread, I'm expecting atleast 20 followers / day depending on my niche, considering the fact that I'm liking 1000 posts daily.
What I've observed is that the number of people following remained the same, although the people who've started liking my posts has gone up. So people are visiting my account and liking most of my posts, but hardly anyone is following me.

Does this happen to your account, or is this a regular occurrence??

RingoLi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 2, 2014
Hi,

We have tried Instagm before, but it won't work out very well. I don't know whether it is our issue putting the wrong IG post or not.

My site is selling funny Korea Stuff, so we put different Korea News there, and of course some product post there.

Since the result is not good, we assume that IG don't have a strong buying desire, after watching your threads, our niche should be good enough already.

Just would like to know what kind of post you will suggest us to do it?

Here you go the site from us:
http://www.korgearsforlife.com/

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
don't worry about it
^This

What I've observed is that the number of people following remained the same, although the people who've started liking my posts has gone up. So people are visiting my account and liking most of my posts, but hardly anyone is following me.

Does this happen to your account, or is this a regular occurrence??
Yes regular occurrence

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
...My business account recently had 1700 followers, but got disabled because I put my website in the comments.

Highly suspect as I put our website all over the place and it has never been flagged or disabled. Unless it's an "inappropriate" website?

Dream&Achieve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 24, 2015
Highly suspect as I put our website all over the place and it has never been flagged or disabled. Unless it's an "inappropriate" website?
No the website I had was a storenvy site to sell my products, all I'm selling on there is t-shirts. Nothing inappropriate at all, I emailed Instagram but that's useless I've heard. It's been months and still don't have a reply.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Hey so I've been using @JimD strategies to grow Instagram accounts and I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. It's a really fun experiment. I suggest trying to follow his advice and grow a quote, girl things, or humor account. Also, be sure to follow your users back, and like photos of big accounts within your niche.

You never really know which account is going to be your favorite, so try a lot of them.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
Hey so I've been using @JimD strategies to grow Instagram accounts and I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. It's a really fun experiment. I suggest trying to follow his advice and grow a quote, girl things, or humor account. Also, be sure to follow your users back, and like photos of big accounts within your niche.

You never really know which account is going to be your favorite, so try a lot of them.

Nice work. Just fyi, I don't find it necessary to follow them back...just like their pictures and they follow you. If you have a brand, it's actually a better idea to keep the # of accounts you follow to a minimum.

letter9

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 31, 2015
JimD great thread!

As i see basically you are building the 'list' in the niche and than offer your 'list' a product they likely be interested in, than another product, than another.

But what if i run niche travel business. Basically it's one time offer. In this case building the list is not time effective strategy.
(unless you offer big range of travel activities(like viator) in different countries)

Let's say you want to promote "Miami Boat Tours" - what methods you will use to bring traffic from instagram?
What's the best way to get 'travelers who going/are in Miami".

We are getting lots of photos with our customers daily. So we can post them tagging "Miami", "MiamiTours", "MiamiSightsSeen", etc.
Anything else we can do/try?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Just an update, crossed over 500 followers and almost at 600.

I'm doing right at 1800 likes a day in my small small niche and this is the ONLY thing I am doing and I am getting right at 20 followers a day.

I even stopped posted pics about 3 weeks ago and it's still growing the same rate it was before. I shouldn't have stopped but I was posting manually and took a break and didn't get back on it. Lesson learned though, this really is growing itself without me.

Going to add in some more pics and try a bit different strategy. Just wanted to share.

sar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 9, 2015
@JimD excellent thread, thank you very much!

1. Do you have experience with influencer marketing?

One of the ways to commercialize an Instagram account is by joining a specialized social media marketing agency which essentially links influencers with brands. An example is the http://themobilemedialab.com/

Via the agency, you would be able to participate in client campaigns where you would would be able to earn x amount per post.

Would appreciate any tips you could give as to what would be the minimum recommended number of followers to have before applying to join any agency specialized in influencer marketing.

2. Liking, follow/unfollow, or both for growth?

Over the past few months, I've exclusively used Crowdfire to grow my account, averaging at 1000 followers per week (currently over 12k). I don't go above the limits. While this is a fantastic growth rate, I would like to increase the rate substantially. Would FollowLiker be the way to go? And is there an increased risk of getting banned while executing both strategies (liking, follow/unfollow)?

3. Any tips on commercializing an account with 12k followers or is it too soon?

4. What's the best way to increase engagement?

You mentioned to stay away from buying shoutouts from accounts with less than a 10% engaged following, as they are most likely to be fake followers. I typically hit about 1%-3% engagement per post, but anything beyond that is unlikely. 12K real followers, but engagement is not as high as I would like. Any tips?

Thanks again.

RichRyan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 5, 2012
I've been doing similar stuff on the side as OP has, but I don't have my own bot. I noticed a lot of folks here are having trouble with things like FL and Instagress so I figured I'd mention that I've been using Boostgram.com for the last 6 months. It's a lot easier to use for the average person and has provided me better results as well. They even have the ability to schedule posts like OP's custom bot has.

I'd also like to give some tips in terms of engagement and actually making money. There is a lot of talk in here saying you need to be around 30k-50k followers to start monetizing. I'd have to disagree. It's less about the amount of followers you have and more about the amount of engaged followers you have. For example, having 1,000 followers and every photo has 500 likes and 100 comments vs having 30,000 followers and every photo has 1,000 likes and 200 comments. The later is obviously highly less engaged. So focus less on followers and more so on engagement ratio.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I've been doing similar stuff on the side as OP has, but I don't have my own bot. I noticed a lot of folks here are having trouble with things like FL and Instagress so I figured I'd mention that I've been using Boostgram.com for the last 6 months. It's a lot easier to use for the average person and has provided me better results as well. They even have the ability to schedule posts like OP's custom bot has.

I'd also like to give some tips in terms of engagement and actually making money. There is a lot of talk in here saying you need to be around 30k-50k followers to start monetizing. I'd have to disagree. It's less about the amount of followers you have and more about the amount of engaged followers you have. For example, having 1,000 followers and every photo has 500 likes and 100 comments vs having 30,000 followers and every photo has 1,000 likes and 200 comments. The later is obviously highly less engaged. So focus less on followers and more so on engagement ratio.

Right, well that implies your content has to be engaging. Meaning the idea of just posting pics goes out the window, unless the pics speak to users on a visceral level. I've been Feeling out the instagram ecosystem just to understand what this beast is. It is a social network, and the social aspect is there, but hard to see for someone who's new to it.

I'm going to put this up and maybe someone can figure out how to do this - but if you could have people VOTE on your content, that would be a grand slam. Now how to execute that within IG?

Lawrence Barse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 8, 2014
Hey @JimD

So my Instagram Account that I created for my niche has grown organically to 450+ followers. I'm not doing the Follow4Follow method, and on an average my account receives 30-50 followers daily.

I upload 2 posts daily and my posts are receiving 80-100 likes.

So, whats interesting is that in the last 24 hours I've received 3 requests from companies from my targeted niche to become their rep. As far as I know, how this works is that the companies send their product(s) to me and I post pictures of these product(s) and give a shout out to the said company/product. What I'd like to know from you is, you must have been approached by companies in a similar way, how did you setup the deal/collaboration so that you were able to monetize this opportunity. How do you think I should approach these companies so that it makes financial sense to me and to them??

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Hello, thank you all for your advice and support guys. This may be the single most absurd fix to a software problem ... I did as @eliquid said and put it on a laptop...it now works. The power went off in this dump of a town for 5 hours and my laptop froze twice ... Followliker still works normally.

Why? I've got no idea...and I consider myself tech savvy too.

Reinstall and forget about it. If you can't easily reinstall, that's a liability in itself. What if that computer crashes permanently one day? The recommendation to run on a windows VPS is also good, then it won't matter how bad the power is or what weird problems your personal computer has accumulated over the years.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
hey awesome man!
I have built my own insta bot and got it running perfectly, until i got banned.
I saw a lot of pages with thousand, even millions of followers while they are truly posting amazing content. and then i wonder how they get that tremendous amount of awesome content?- some of them really great,while others don't use copyright at all and don't get banned or sued-how's that possible?
I think maybe no one cares about that copyright but when page gets millions of followers that's another story

Thank you for your time!

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
At how many followers is it worth something? And how much approximately?

50k+ Otherwise a waste of time. Also note: if the account makes no money it's not worth anything, just like a business.

hey awesome man!
while others don't use copyright at all and don't get banned or sued-how's that possible?
I think maybe no one cares about that copyright but when page gets millions of followers that's another story

Instagram is a photo sharing application, therefore share photos.
If anyone gets picky, they will remove the photo. Also, most people are happy if an account with 100k+ followers tags or credits the image, its driving free traffic.

vonmaxim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 30, 2015
Hey Guys - a question. I would love to rank ALL my images, but in reality, I would really love to rank one specific image.

Here is my question. Is it safe to buy likes to an image and - if you do - will it rank that image as a top image for the hashtag?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Hey Guys - a question. I would love to rank ALL my images, but in reality, I would really love to rank one specific image.

Here is my question. Is it safe to buy likes to an image and - if you do - will it rank that image as a top image for the hashtag?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1: If you have the most likes on an image yes, it will be top ranked for the specific hashtag/s you use. However only for a short period of time.

2: Buying likes is fine to accomplish what is mentioned above, just be aware that most of these services operate in India and you could reap some T.O.S issues. Therefore, look for a service that either uses and pays real users to like your image or uses a wide range of accounts from different regions aka denmark, new york, toronto, alaska, brazil etc...

3: Ask yourself what you want out of ranking an image in the top posts for the selected hashtags and make sure its worth it.

If you advertising a product and have say 30 followers but 6000 likes, people are going to think your item is a scam or not trust worthy--you have no social proof!

The same goes if you are gaining followers, if you have even 1000 followers and an image with 6k likes, you most likely will only gain 50 followers on average from this image.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.