The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People on FastLane Are Different!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
I’d like to take a moment to share something interesting with you.

Some of you may know that I sell a course for real estate investors called Cash Flow Freedom University – CFFU for short. I retail the course on my website.

Ever since I joined the FastLane, only about 2 weeks ago, two people have already jumped in, and another is seriously researching CFFU.

You Need to Know

As matter of policy, every time someone joins, I place a call into them. While $295 is not at all a lot of money in a world where courses of all sorts are sold and bought for thousands of dollars, and CFFU most certainly delivers every bit of value, nonetheless $295 is quite a bit. I am cognizant of this and I figure the least I can do is make the call!

Something Interesting

People coming to me from the FastLane are of a very definitive profile. When talking to them, we discuss MJ’s book (I am 2/3rds of the way in and so far agree with every statement he makes). But, we also talk about Cardone’s 10X Tule, as well as the Keller’s The One Thing.

What I’m trying to say is that people here seem to look at life a certain way. We seem to understand that tomorrow is today, and that yesterday matters not at all. As my wife says: “You’re here – what are you gonna do about it?”

I didn’t always used to be this way. I am naturally a slow-laner. I’ve had to work on this and change myself. Why? Because at 40 I clearly realize that tomorrow is today, and all the rest is just excuses…

Newbies – Listen Up

When you are dead, and they are standing at your grave – what are they going to say? What will they remember?

Understand – in a free market society your success is a function of positively impacting someone else’s life. The more people benefit from or due to you, the quicker and farther you’ll travel down the fastlane.

Also remember – this doesn’t have to be your natural perspective. You can train this in yourself!

And finally – our government wants you to impact lives positively. How does our government incentivize behavior – tax code. Believe me, by doing good for others you’ll pay less income tax than if you just focus on yourself.

Good Luck with all of your endeavors!

Ben

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I quit posting on the fastlane forums and moved over to Bigger Pockets because there was more real estate related discussion. I left BP and came back to this forum because of the thought mentality.

I realized that it was not just real estate that I wanted to discuss.

People have a different mindset here than anywhere else that I have found.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
People coming to me from the FastLane are of a very definitive profile.

Hey Ben, I think it is a case of birds of a feather flock together. The people who frequent here are of a certain type of mind-set. The sort that were actively looking for either MJ’s book or this forum.

Add to that real estate investing being a worthy outlet for TFL Forum members and you are benefiting from the fact that we have a high percentage of knowledge seekers and action takers. A great fit for your product it would seem. I'd be inclined to have a look at on-sight sponsorship:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/pages/advertise/

Might be worth the investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
I quit posting on the fastlane forums and moved over to Bigger Pockets because there was more real estate related discussion. I left BP and came back to this forum because of the thought mentality.

I realized that is was not just real estate that I wanted to discuss.

People have a different mindset here than anywhere else that I have found.
The thing is - compared to how much could be said about life, real estate is just so limited...boring. I played the fiddle in my past life - now that was difficult. Real estate is easy; complex, but easy. I agree with you, Steve - I can talk real estate, and I've helped a lot of people. But - we can say so much more about life...

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Ha, beat me to it. ;)
More substance... When you throw a ball at the wall, you expect it to come back . If it doesn't, the game gets old in a hurry...

Interestingly, the balls that are coming back at me here have a little spin on them which I didn't put in. It's fun...

Malika

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 16, 2014
UK
I know. And sometimes its terrible. For Example: Some of my friends are wearing just Escada, Prada, Gucci and so on. They just come in Dresses like on that Siteand their dresses are even more expensive. You know what i mean? They just want to wear "the best", but sometimes it isnt the best. I dont know if they will understand it, but i think their new "money-limit" isnt that healthy for them i think. I see myself develop in another direction. Maybe my old friends will be no friends anymore in the future. This depens on their raising superficial.
It´s raising because of the money i think.

Greetz.

Last edited by a moderator:

November man

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 24, 2015
I feel the same Malika!
I try to stay in touch with them tough. They are our potential clients anyway, need to stay in touch with sidewalkers!

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
More substance... When you throw a ball at the wall, you expect it to come back . If it doesn't, the game gets old in a hurry...

Interestingly, the balls that are coming back at me here have a little spin on them which I didn't put in. It's fun...

You seem like a fair sport, so here comes a serve...

And finally – our government wants you to impact lives positively. How does our government incentivize behavior – tax code. Believe me, by doing good for others you’ll pay less income tax than if you just focus on yourself.

I actually agreed with most of your post, until I read this sentence. You seem to painstakingly go over your sentences with a fine-toothed comb, ensuring that you choose precisely the right verbiage to express the idea in your noggin. Because of this, I find it difficult to chalk your statement up to sloppy syntax.

And yet, the statement was so ridiculous that the rules of charitable reading force me to give you the benefit of the doubt, and blame this one on a kind of Tourette's Syndrome of the keyboard.

First, the statement smacks of the myopic. Define "our" government. This forum has international members.

Second, surely I'm not the only one who sees the utter hilarity in the statement that "our government incentivizes behavior - tax code." That sentence doesn't exactly express a complete and cogent thought, but the conclusion that it implies makes me frown with annoyed disagreement, and then smirk with amused confusion.

Then I laughed.

The United States of America has the most anti-entrepreneurial and anti-success tax laws in the entire world. Success is no incentivized; it is punished.

No wonder U.S citizens are renouncing at record rates.

Eduardo Saverin
was only the beginning.

The definition of incentive
is something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity.

In the United States, "increased productivity" results in higher tax rates. All else equal, success in the USA is one of the worst places (financially speaking) to actually become successful.

The simple fact that recent government actions have incited citizens to start renouncing in record numbers - year after year - is the real truth.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@Ubermensch

I look at the context of the statement that Ben wrote. It is clear that he is saying that the government has put favorable tax treatment in place for certain investments. You are obviously a vivid and very creative individual to come up with such a rant over this. :)

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
The US by far don't have the worst environment for starting and running a business, either from a tax stand point or social. Try some EU countries, forget about the high tax rate and impossible to start up again once you fail, in certain EU countries it is socially unacceptable to even label yourselves as an "entrepreneur", let alone start your own business. The US is showing signs of going there, who knows if the next crash is as bad as this last one our social norms might actually change and we might eventually became more like one of the EU welfare states. We are still a far ways to go, so enjoy the current business environment before it's too late.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
You seem like a fair sport, so here comes a serve...

I actually agreed with most of your post, until I read this sentence. You seem to painstakingly go over your sentences with a fine-toothed comb, ensuring that you choose precisely the right verbiage to express the idea in your noggin. Because of this, I find it difficult to chalk your statement up to sloppy syntax.

And yet, the statement was so ridiculous that the rules of charitable reading force me to give you the benefit of the doubt, and blame this one on a kind of Tourette's Syndrome of the keyboard.

First, the statement smacks of the myopic. Define "our" government. This forum has international members.

Second, surely I'm not the only one who sees the utter hilarity in the statement that "our government incentivizes behavior - tax code." That sentence doesn't exactly express a complete and cogent thought, but the conclusion that it implies makes me frown with annoyed disagreement, and then smirk with amused confusion.

Then I laughed.

The United States of America has the most anti-entrepreneurial and anti-success tax laws in the entire world. Success is no incentivized; it is punished.

No wonder U.S citizens are renouncing at record rates.

Eduardo Saverin
was only the beginning.

The definition of incentive
is something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity.

In the United States, "increased productivity" results in higher tax rates. All else equal, success in the USA is one of the worst places (financially speaking) to actually become successful.

The simple fact that recent government actions have incited citizens to start renouncing in record numbers - year after year - is the real truth.
Well, you're creative as hell - I'll give you that! You also express yourself clearly - I'll give you that as well.

Now - are you saying that US tax code is not how our government incentives behavior, or are you saying that it is, but they are failing at doing so?

Personally, every entrepreneur I know who deserves to make money has made money over the last 5 years. Neither the economic cycles nor the tax code are some sort of magical things beyond the realm of human understanding. I think the rules are rather clearly defined and able to be capitalized on. True - this requires reading between the lines, but that is the essence of what we do every day...:)

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Well, you're creative as hell - I'll give you that! You also express yourself clearly - I'll give you that as well.

Now - are you saying that US tax code is not how our government incentives behavior, or are you saying that it is, but they are failing at doing so?

True - this requires reading between the lines, but that is the essence of what we do every day...:)

Very interesting question, hence why I picked this particular bone with you. I would expect such intellect some a bespectacled fellow. ;)

I suppose, either way, the US government "incentivizes" behavior.

It's just a matter of what type of behavior you want to incentivize with your actions. Either way, the actions - in this case, of the US government - incentivize specific actions (of the citizens).

You can incentivize people to leave your country, for instance.

Anyway, the burden of the point is on you, since you are the one who originally made the point. What, exactly, did you mean when you said that the government incentivizes (referencing the tax code)?

Last edited:

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Very interesting question, hence why I picked this particular bone with you. I would expect such intellect some a bespectacled fellow. ;)

I suppose, either way, the US government "incentivizes" behavior.

It's just a matter of what type of behavior you want to incentivize with your actions. Either way, the actions - in this case, of the US government - incentivize specific actions (of the citizens).

You can incentivize people to leave your country, for instance.

Anyway, the burden of the point is on you, since you are the one who originally made the point. What, exactly, did you mean when you said that the government incentivizes (referencing the tax code)?
Haha - well, the government tells me to invest in RE if I don't want to pay taxes. So I do...
The government also tells me to defer paying taxes...
The government tells me to be a real estate professional so I can use depreciation to shelter other income...

List goes on and on...:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.