The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free course - Unconscious Influence & Persuasion - NLP

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just uploaded a new course on udemy teaching about what I learned in NLP about unconscious influence and persuasion. The coupon code through the link below makes it free, and there's no expiration date on it.

It should help anyone here looking to do sales and marketing more effectively.

https://www.udemy.com/mind-control-unconscious-influence-persuasion/?couponCode=limitless1234

Enjoy :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Aww shiiii. Posting so I can look at this again tomorrow.

One of these days I'm going to do a week course, maybe that'll be my 2016 main goal

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Aww shiiii. Posting so I can look at this again tomorrow.

One of these days I'm going to do a week course, maybe that'll be my 2016 main goal
haha, the nlp side of me wants to jump all over the words "tomorrow, one of these days, and maybe" lmao.

This right here is just a small part of nlp (for influence and persuasion) - hit me up on skype if you have any specific questions.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Thanks for sharing. I like what I'm seeing so far. We can never hear good ideas often enough.

EDIT: Total grammar fail.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So you want to influence others? STOP being yourself and learn to speak their language.

Not everyone communicates in the same way you do.

No, let me correct that, NOBODY communicates the same way that you do.

One of the first things I learned during my NLP training is that everybody lives in their own version of reality and that means if you want to build instant trust and rapport with someone, you have to enter their reality.

If you really want to understand how to influence and communicate more effectively with others, it makes the most sense to rewind 10,000 years before the time of the spoken language.

Tribal Days

During this time, we lived in tribes of 150 people or less, and humans roamed the wilderness like animals. In fact, we are animals if you really think about it (but that's beside the point).

Take a scenario where Caveman A is roaming through the wild, and he comes across Caveman B.

They don't speak the same language, and they've never met each other before. There are no police and there are no hospitals, and therefore it is one of the prime directives of the your tribal brain to immediately size a person up to see if they are a threat to you or not. One of the prime directives of the unconscious mind is to keep you alive.

How do you know if you can trust this other person?

In those days, our brains make an immediate comparison of the person you are communicating with to the one person in the world you know you can trust the most; yourself.

Second to that, when tribes started to form, the people developed the traits of those peeople they surrounded themselves with. This reinforced the fact that you can be more likely to trust people who are similar to you.

If you want to build trust and rapport with someone, you have to demonstrate that you are similar to them.

But how do the cavemen communicate that they are similar if they don't speak the same language?

Body Language

The first thing our tribal brains size up is the body language of the other person.
  • Do they hold eye contact or do they look away?
  • What kind of gestures do they make?
  • Do they cross their arms or are they more open and exaggerated in nature?
  • Do they breath fast or slow?
  • What is their blinking like?
  • Do they face you directly, or do they stand at an angle?
  • What is their proximity to you? Close? Or far away?
While there are countless meanings behind different types of body language, that doesn't matter right now. The only thing that matters is that in order to get that person to trust you, you must show them that you are similar to them.

If they communicate with their arms crossed, while looking away from you, and stand at a distance; your job is to do the same.

The key thing here is to match their body language at an unconscious level, not to raise any red flags that you're purposely trying to influence them.

This makes up for an overwhelming 55% of building trust and rapport with them.

Tonality

The cavemen don't speak the same language, but they still have working vocal chords.

• What is the loudness of their voice? Match that.
  • What is the quality of their voice? Meet them at their level.
  • How fast or slow do they speak? Meet them at their level.
  • Do they speak high pitched or deeper? Match that to the best of your ability (a deep-voiced guy isn't going to go as high as a girl's voice, but he will have the high end of his voice).
That right there covers an additional 38% of unconscious rapport building.

Fast forward to present day.

On top of our tribal (unconscious) minds, we now are equipped with a conscious mind, the spoken word, and the type of communication most people are accustomed to speaking.

• What common experiences do you have with the person?
  • Do you have a similar background?
  • What else do you have in common with the person.
The more you learn about the person, the more you can size up their perspective of the world, and when they see you are similar to them, they will have a greater deal of trust with you.

Content Chunk Sizes

Some of us are big picture/global thinkers.

If you have a conversation about me with politics, I'll probably gear the conversation towards relations between different nations, global issues, and big picture thinking. I'm a big picture thinker. If you reply starting to talk about the details and drama of the personal lives of politicians, you're going to lose my interest real fast.

Some of us like to focus on the details.

But on the flip side, if I'm communicating with someone who focuses on the details of a subject, I'm not going to talk about big picture things; I'll meet them at there level and talk about one politicians stance on one topic.

This isn't only true in politics. In business you have the CEO who might be focusing in on the merger of companies while the technician at the bottom of the chain is focusing on writing a specific line of code to help make it happen.

It's important to not judge the other person's reality. One isn't better than the other.

You job is to simply meet them at their level, and demonstrate that you are similar to them.

How do you know when you built rapport and trust?

Let's go back to the body language for a moment. If the person talks with their arms crossed naturally begin to open up your arms.

If you lead to something new, and they follow; you've built the trust and rapport needed to effectively communicate with them.

Important things to remember:
  • Everybody lives in their own reality (perception of the world).
  • Instead of communicating how YOU naturally communicate, you want to communicate in their language.
  • The majority of this is unconscious and deals with body language and tonality.
How can you use this in your life?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Here's the big one...

Get ready to throw everything you believed to be true out the window. There is no more right or wrong...there simply just...is.

Since NLP Practitioners deal with all sorts of people from all different backgrounds, and we know we must enter the other person's reality in order to influence and persuade them; you have to allow them to realize that you empathize with their reality of the world.

Can you do it?
  • Can you do it if you're face to face with Adolf Hitler?
  • Can you do it if you're face to face with someone in a terrorist organization?
  • Can you do it with someone who makes a living as a criminal?
Yes, those are extreme examples, but I put them there for a purpose. In a communication perspective, we all have beliefs of what we consider to be true and values that we believe to be right or wrong.

And do you know what happens when someone challenges your belief? It only makes it stronger (think; religion, politics, gun control). If someone challenges your belief, a shield comes up and it puts up a mental barrier between the two of you.

My favorite response when someone I talk to says something that is not aligned with my values or beliefs "Wow, that's really interesting...tell me more."

And remember tonality is more important than what I say there. I say it in a curious sense like I'm interested to learn more about it.

If you want to be really good with influence, throw your ego aside, and accept the person's belief and value system.

It doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Just show them that you don't judge them for it, because every belief or value actually has a positive intent behind it (despite how crazy that might sound on the outside).

Values Levels
  1. Survival Oriented - The homeless man trying to make it to the next day.
  2. A Clannish "Us" - Think of some old mystical tribe that bands together and follows their elders.
  3. Every Man For Himself - A criminal who is impulse-oriented and will steal a TV just because he wants to watch it. Values respect.
  4. An Orderly Society - Follows the rule of law, values order and playing by the rules of the government
  5. The Self-Oriented Entrepreneur - Seeks out the good life, breaks rules (but not laws), and wants to make money for a profit.
  6. The Hippie - Wants to liberate humans from greed
  7. The Enlightened Entrepreneur - Learned to go with the flow of the world, instead of against it, more enlightened, is less driven by greed, but still wants to experience life to it's fullest.
  8. Enlightened - Think like a Buddhist monk who is seeking to constantly grow and evolve, a global "us"
The important thing to note here is that a higher number doesn't mean it is better than the other. Often times the 6's will look down at the 5's for being greedy or the 5's will look down at the 3's for being instinctual.

But to be truly open to being able to communicate effectively with others, you will now accept that the 3 who is there to steal the TV for pleasure is not any more right or wrong than a 5 or a 6.

Why is this important?

It's important to understand the levels to be able to accept the way the world is, and to remove the limiting belief that everybody should behave like you. When you understand and accept that the other person's reality is true and right to them, and you show them they you empathize with it, you will have a greater time influencing them.

A practical example:

If I have an influence and persuasion training course, how would I communicate with the different levels?

• With a level 3 person - I would frame it up that it helps them gain that level of respect they are looking for.
  • With a level 4 person - I would say that they can use these techniques to get a raise at work.
  • With a level 5 person - I could talk about how it can improve their conversion rate so they can make more money.
  • With a level 6 person - I could explain how it can help them make the world a better, connected place (oh, and all the money from sales will be donated to charity).
You see, no level is right or wrong. It just...exists.

Communicate at their level, not yours.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
At this point you accept that everybody lives in their own reality, and views the world from a different perspective. Now that you put the judgements and personal differences aside when you communicate with them, they won't put up that resistance when you begin to influence them.

I can't stress enough that others will not have the same beliefs and values as you and how you shouldn't resist their model of the world. Nothing can break trust and rapport quicker than that. You focus is on the end goal, and end result with what you want to persuade them on (forming that relationship, making that sale, raising capital, etc.)

How the tribal mind works:

I'm talking about the unconscious mind.

Rule #1 - Speaking to the unconscious
If you want to cause a real change in a person, you have to speak directly to their unconscious mind. The conscious mind is nothing but a filter, or a guard, which prevents dangerous information from entering the unconscious mind.

How powerful is the unconscious for human behavior? Realize that the unconscious is responsible for the most deeply rooted human behavior, such as how it controls breathing or digestion.

The other month, I went to a hypnosis stage show. My friend was the hypnotist and he called six people to stage. When the hypnotist puts a person in trance, it puts their conscious mind to rest, and he can plant suggestions directly in the unconscious.

He suggested that the room is getting really hot. Without any resistance, people started to take off their sweatshirts and jackets. Then he said the room was getting cold, and they began shivering.

Next, he took one person and told them they can't remember the numbers 4-7.

"Count out loud from 1 to 10." he said.

"1...2...3..8...9...10." the person said out loud, confident that he was correct.

Some people are more easily hypnotized than others, but that is besides the point. The important thing to remember here is that the unconscious mind is the area responsible for human behavior and perceptions.

The language of the unconscious.

When information enters our senses, our conscious mind transforms that information into modalities.

The Modalities are:
  • Pictures.
  • Sounds.
  • Feelings.
  • Tastes.
  • Smells.
From there, our memories are organized at a deeper level. These are what we call Submodalities. When we think about submodalities, think about the structure, and not the content.

Examples of Visual submodalities:

• Is the picture black & white or color?
  • Near or far? What's the location?
  • Bright or dark?
  • Framed or panoramic?
  • Movie or still?
  • Blurry or focused?
  • Big or small?
Examples of Auditory submodalities:
  • Is the sound internal or external?
  • From 1-10, how loud is it?
  • Location of the sound?
  • Direction of the sound?
Examples of Kinesthetic submodalities:
  • Location of the feeling?
  • Size?
  • Shape?
  • Intensity from 1-10?
No, you don't have to memorize all of that, but this is what is important...

When information enters our senses, and when a person is thinking of something, that information is stored in our mind in a way that creates an Internal Representation (IR).

If you want to speak the language of the unconscious, you must realize that the words a person is saying is created by an IR in side of their mind.

There are two ways to determine what modality a person is communicating with right now.

The first is to pay attention to the predicates in their language.
  • I see a bright future ahead of me. (Visual)
  • It's just too far out of reach. (Kinesthetic)
  • That makes sense. (Auditory - self talk)
  • I hear you loud and clear. (Auditory - external)
If a person says "I hear you loud and clear", that is a sign that you should reply in the auditory sense. If your reply to the auditory with something like "Glad you can see what I'm saying", it won't process internally.

Remember, this is all the communication at the unconscious, so most people aren't consciously aware of communicating like this.

The next way to determine which modality the person is using is to pay attention to their eye patterns. Most people move their eyes in the following directions when they are accessing a specific modality.

upload_2015-11-27_21-28-35.png

Example:

If I'm coaching an entrepreneur and they say "I feel like I'm just staying afloat and I really need to get back on my feet while I rebuild.", I wouldn't reply with business-specific advice.

I would say something along the lines, "That feeling is definitely here to move you in a specific direction. You are faced with a major choice now, you could either stay here and tred water, try to rebuild your sinking ship, or swim to the nearest lifeboat and make your way back to shore while you get back on your feet."

While nobody else would really relate to what I'm saying, it makes perfect sense to him, because the internal movie in his mind is in line with the modalities and story I used with my language.

Submodalities:

For anyone who studied NLP, submodalites are very interesting. Since they are the way our unconscious mind stores information, you can reprogram your mind by adjusting the details of your IRs.

For example, if I think of a food that I like, such as pizza: The IR is big, bright, right in front of my face, framed, etc.

On the flip side, a food that I dislike would usually be darker, further away, smaller, black & white, etc.

If I'm trying to give up pizza, I would bring up that IR, and change all the fine details to a food that I don't like. When I did this with Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, I went from eating there three times a week, to never eating fast food burgers again in my life.

It's amazing how powerful your life is when you learn how the unconscious mind is programmed.

But the important thing for you to do now is to pay attention to the modalities and predicates in a person's language, and speak their language based on the modalites they are using now.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Everybody lives in their own reality - Applied to online marketing:

I've spent the past 18 months traveling around the country. I've been everywhere from New York to North Carolina, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, The Pacific Northwest, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, among other places.

When I first started advertising on Facebook, I began targeting the whole country like everybody responded the same way. They don't.

If my ad shows a confederate flag in New York, it won't be responded to the same as in The South.

Even the way of life and subtleties in their language is different based on the region you target.

This doesn't even talk about the differences between markets. The world "product" to entrepreneurs doesn't mean the same thing to dog owners or a makeup company for example.

How can you use this information in your marketing efforts?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
When information enters our senses, and when a person is thinking of something, that information is stored in our mind in a way that creates an Internal Representation (IR).
Love it! Our internal language to ourselves is represented in "symbols". These symbols are constantly being presented... only we don't notice them most of the time.

We are on the same wavelength.... :)

Zl1996

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Mar 25, 2015

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Getting deeper into the unconscious.

When influencing someone, there are two rules:
  1. The conscious (logical) mind is your enemy,
  2. The unconscious mind is your friend.
So for that purpose, we must make every effort to bypass the filters of the unconscious mind while at the same time, be able to have a conversation with the unconscious mind.

Do you want to know a simple way to do that?

Enter The Metaphor:

Rule #2 - The unconscious mind responds to symbolism and analogy.

A metaphor is a strategically crafted story, which takes the point of reference off of the person you're influencing, and onto a third party character. They call this a disassociation technique. When you disassociate the point of reference away from the person you're talking to, the conscioius mind won't resist what you're talking about, because the guard to the unconscious sees no threat.

Think of it this way - if the person senses any hint that their unconscious mind might get influenced, it puts up a forcefield and that means: Game over for you.

A metaphor has three parts:
  1. You pace the person's current situation.
  2. You link the action you want the person take to...
  3. Their desired outcome.
Since the unconscious mind responds to symbolism and analogy (and not logic), the story doesn't have to make logical sense. In fact, it's even better if it doesn't, because the unconscious will understand.

Step 1 - Pace their current situation.

Let's say that I'm talking to a person who tells me the following:
  • "I'm struggling with my business."
  • "I hit a plateau."
  • "I've been reading lots of books and trying really hard, but I'm not getting the quick results that I want."
  • "I'm really frustrated and I'm about to give up."
I would create a character (real or fictional - it doesn't matter) to pace their situation.

"Man, I feel ya....It's like my client SteveO that I was working with the other day. He hit a plateau at the gym...no matter how hard he worked, he wasn't getting the results he wanted. He read new books, tried new workout plans, but all he was left with was the frustration that he wasn't getting results...He was on the verge of giving up."

Step 2 - What do you want the person to do?

Let's say in this example I do coaching and I want the person to get a coach....

"But then he found the simple solution. He hired a coach...a personal trainer. You know there are people out there who have experience, and when we listen to their advice, it helps us get to that next level..."

Step 3 - Link your Call To Action to their desired outcome.

In this example, he wants quick results.

"So when SteveO hired that coach..that personal trainer... This person with experience showed him how to get to the next level, and his bench press went up by 25 pounds in the next month. Those are some quick results by doing something as simple as hiring an expert"

The follow up (optional - advanced)

"It's stories like that which make my job very rewarding.

Just the other day, I got an email from John. John is one of my students in my business coaching program. He emailed me and said "Andrew, when I took your coaching program, I got more results in the first four days than I did in the previous six months combined. I've been struggling how to grow my business for a while, but your program did it for me! If things keep going this way, I'll be on track to do $20,000 per month by the end of the month!"

It's stories like that and SteveO's that make my job so rewarding."

The gym metaphor is good enough for the person's unconscious mind to get the comparison and seek out a business coach.

In the follow up, I proceeded to disassociate even further. The reference of that part of the conversation focused on how rewarding my job is, and then I put the "sales pitch" for my coaching service in the quotes of another person talking to me.

The person I'm influencing has no clue what happened (consciously), but his unconscious mind heard everything I said and will beg him to ask about my theoretical coaching program.

The lesson:

When you take the reference point off of the person, it prevents that shield from popping up to guard them against influence.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
We are on the same wavelength.... :)
I see??....hear?....This makes sense??

I feel ya!

Have you ever read the book The Holographic Universe? I'm four chapters in and it's I feel right up your ally. Might be a distraction from playing with your pet algae in the lakes on your golf course though ;)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I see??....hear?....This makes sense??

I feel ya!

Have you ever read the book The Holographic Universe? I'm four chapters in and it's I feel right up your ally. Might be a distraction from playing with your pet algae in the lakes on your golf course though ;)
Thanks,
I will check it out.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
c8PipJw.jpg

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Will there be another run of this? Just sent the link to someone and it says the code has sold out.

Thanks Limitless.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Im interested in this as well!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Andrew are you going to the fastlane summit?
Not this year :( - I'll be backpacking through Asia for the first part of 2016. Seeing the hype the day the tickets went on sale almost made me change my mind, but new experiences are calling my name.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What influences their behavior:

upload_2015-11-29_18-9-16.png

Image courtesy of something I ripped from a google.com search.

I teach this in my nlp training in terms of personal development and what impacts our own behavior. For example, one of the meta programs is "towards vs. away". Do I primarily move towards pleasure, or is my main driver to avoid pain?

If I want to build a business because I "never want to be broke again", I would be in the "away from" category and to get me to take action on my business, I would do something like write a check for $100 to a friend tell them to cash it if I don't finish putting up a new advertising campaign by the end of the night. This would be a punishment-based motivation structure.

On the flip side, if I say I want to build a business because "I enjoy freedom and accomplishment", I would setup a reward-based structure such as eating my favorite food after the campaign is setup.

If you want to influence someone to take action, you have to work through a LOT of the filters in their brain.

Their behavior is influenced by:
  1. Where they focus their attention,
  2. Their deletions, distortions, and generalizations,
  3. Metaprograms
  4. Values
  5. Beliefs
  6. Decisions
  7. Memories
When somtething goes into their mind, it processes through all of that and breaks it down into 5-9 digestible chunks of information.

All of this simplified.

You already learned about the person's internal representation. You know how to play into the pictures in their mind and the communicate in the right modalities, etc.

The next thing to work with is controlling their state (emotions)

Companies, politicians, the media, unconsciously control your emotions. And since a person's state impacts their behavior, if you can control their state (unconsciously), you can influence them to take action much more easily.

Take a look at this video all the way to the end. The next time you buy your favorite beer, or soda...rest assured that that decision was made for you (by someone else) long before you even walked in the store.

I'm sure we've all heard of the experiment with Pavlov's dog. From Wikipedia: Pavlov presented a stimulus and then gave the dog food; after a few repetitions, the dogs started to salivate in response to the stimulus, (even without the food being present).

In NLP we call this anchoring: You can create triggers that put people into a specific emotional state. The anchor can be something they see, something they hear, or something they feel.

When you set an anchor, you can fire it off at any time you want to put that person in a specific state of being.

Remember - Everything is energy - and the brain processes the energy that enters it through it's senses. When you look at it this way, it is much easier to grasp.

For example, we all have those songs in our lives that bring back an emotional state: a first kiss, a reminder of a loved one, a pump-up song at the gym.

That song (anchor) acts as a trigger to put you into that emotional state.

So if you take a look at the commercial I linked above: The whole commercial has nothing to do with beer. It's about a family man and a puppy. The commercial put you through an emotional roller coaster of the dog being lost, and at the end, they are re-united (you feel happy).

Quite the positive emotional state you're in at the end, right? Boom - They slap their logo on the screen just as you're entering that positive state.

Now - that logo is a trigger (anchor) for a positive emotion.

So next time you're walking down the beer isle at the supermarket - when you look at the Budweiser logo, you unconsciously feel that feeling you were in when you saw it on TV (a good positive emotional state).

All of a sudden, that purchase just "feels like the right choice".

But you aren't consciously aware of this.

Do you really think that you are in control of your decisions? Governments know this - Take a look at a country's flag (visual anchor) and the national anthem (auditory anchor). When the Olympics is on TV, notice all the deep emotions that people feel when their country's flag and national anthem are displayed.

This is not to pass judgement, but to break things down to the energetic reality I mentioned earlier. The song is nothing but vibrations of vocal chords and musical instruments, and the flag is nothing more than different colored dies on a piece of fabric.

But with the influence of nations - they are powerful anchors that lock in specific emotions to them.

Rewind: Those companies don't just put out commercials by chance. I forget the name of the book, something about unconscious branding, but in there he explains how companies hook people up to brain scans while they watch that commercial. They want to see which part of the commercial is when the positive emotion is peaking, and when dopamine is being released by the brain.

They then adjust the commercial so they know exactly the right moment to put the logo on the screen (so they can anchor the positive emotion with the visual trigger).

Up until this point, you learned how large corporations and governments use this information to influence you, and I bet you are wondering how you can use this at a practical level. And it's a good thing to wonder, is it not? Because when you wonder, that means (...ok I'll stop - some of you know what I'm doing here ;) )

Manipulation at a practical level.

I learned this from a multi-millionaire real estate investor.

One time when he was doing a deal, the other person was in a negative state. When this investor told the guy to tell more of the story, he waved his arm down and to the left (unconsciously anchoring the negative emotion to that motion).

Then he asked the man "Tell me about the best deal you ever did in your life". The guy is excited, happy, etc. The investor was waving his arm up and to the right when he was happy (anchored the positive state).

So the next day when they were closing the deal he said "you can do business with someone else (while he waves hand down and to the left), or you could do a deal with me (Waves hand up to the right). So tell me, out of curiousity..which deal FEELS like the right choice?"

Somehow doing a deal with him "felt like the right choice".

Once again - use with ethics because the energy you put off into the world comes back to you tenfold (AKA - Karma is a...). I'm not sure if I typed up the law of reciprocity yet, but it's important to know...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Do you know who is REALLY good at setting anchors?

upload_2015-11-29_18-34-48.png

I spent a long time studying the campaign of speeches of different politicians (let's not get political, it goes on both sides here).

The other night I came across a case study/analysis about a 2008 campaign speech by (then) presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Take a look at the screenshot above. Multiple times during his 2008 campaign speech (And this one in 2004), he has a specific hand gesture which he uses to anchor an emotion. We learned this before, all politicians do it...but he took it a step further.

The anchor he set throughout all of his speeches, as emotions are at their highest....mimics the motion a person's hand goes in when they reach up to pull down a lever in a voting booth.

So, according to this expert analysis, when a person goes to the voting booth and they put their hand in that emotion, the unconscious anchor is fired, and they get those positive emotions back just at the right time.

He also set other anchors that mimic signing a piece of paper like you would at the voting booth registration.

I was amazed how much deeper my knowledge of this became after studying political speeches.

They use classic conversational hypnosis techniques such as:
  • Pacing - They continually phrase "I stand here today..." "The time is now..." "We are here tonight..." throughout the speech, and saying it in a slight tonality adjustment or before or after a pause. What this does is pace an absolute truth. Something that is 100% undeniable true in the moment. When they do this enough through a 40 minute speech, it hammers away the critical faculties of the unconscious mind and the unconscious accepts pretty much everything they say to be truth.
  • Hypnotic trance - Another technique is by using carefully constructed stories to get the audience to reflect on something, or elicit their imagination, and slowly puts them in a light trance. Similar to a traditional trance by a hypnotist, this lowers the resistance of the unconscious mind, and the politician begins planting seeds in the subconscious.
It often takes a trained eye and ear to realize this, and I never knew what was really going on until I studied deep into this stuff.

And this is the real reason why I am here today to share this with you: Knowledge is power. Take control of your decisions.

And with the powerful information you are learning while you are here today...be sure to use it with ethics...because of the law of reciprocity?

Did I write about that yet? I forget.

Firebirdz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Sep 16, 2015
Just uploaded a new course on udemy teaching about what I learned in NLP about unconscious influence and persuasion. The coupon code through the link below makes it free, and there's no expiration date on it.

It should help anyone here looking to do sales and marketing more effectively.

https://www.udemy.com/mind-control-unconscious-influence-persuasion/?couponCode=limitless1234

Enjoy :)
Nice one!
How did you make this, how long did it take you, and where do you find the time?!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
How did you make this, how long did it take you, and where do you find the time?!

You missed my favorite question! It's all about the WHY!

After four years of walking down this road in this thing we call entrepreneurship, I began noticing that a lot of the struggles and lessons I needed to learn - were also faced by almost everyone else walking this same path.

My goal is to change the world, and I can't do it alone. So for that purpose, I'm mind-dumping everything I learned over the years into training courses to help people have success on this journey quicker than it took me. Along the way, I encourage them to use the information I share to create positive changes in the world (environment, biotech/medicine, and other things that change not just the lives of customers, but the world as a whole).

In order to get there, people are going to have to learn how to effectively communicate with people (and make some sales in the process).

So when people learn about this, and use it for ETHICAL purposes - it benefits everyone.

Right now I'm about 50% entrepreneur/ 50% hippie :D - so most of what I do now plays into a combination of the both and my higher purpose in life to set people up for success and to change the world.

To answer your other questionsL

The time - Every day not having this information out there and helping others is a day wasted.

The howand how long - 2.5 years as an NLP practitioner and even longer in marketing. Found common techniques I used, which work, and put those together in a course combining powerpoint slides and camtasia studio. From there, upload the files on Udemy. I've already created a lot of this as part of my main course, so the production time didn't take nearly as long as the experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.