The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deconstructing Success...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I've been learning a lot from Neil Strauss and his writing through this process. I like his writing style and how it keeps you engaged the entire time. I remember a cult-like following when The Game came out a number of years ago, and everyone loved it.

On one interview that I may have linked before, him or Tim Ferriss said,
  1. The first draft is for you. (cover what you want to cover)
  2. The second draft is for the reader. (give them a reason to read the next paragraph, the next page, the next chapter)
  3. The third draft is for the critic. (people who will poke holes in everything)
I published two books before, which were not edited heavily and were more like information-dumps, but they cover a lot of the same topics. I'm going to unpublish them, and those have been worked into the basis of the first draft of the book. Because the content in there is great, that sped up a lot of the process for the first draft.

I know for a fact that I'll be adding more to it, but i'm now transitioning into the stages of adding more story and entertainment to the book (the second draft).

This may provide less of the lessons I intended to write about, but it will reach more of the mainstream and cover the most important topics for them.

For the target audience, I feel a lot of the more advanced stuff is too far out of their scope of reality to handle...so I'm balancing putting that in the book or not. I'll decide later.

For now, it's time to turn a textbook into something fun to read :D

Target audience: People who feel stuck in life, regardless if they are socially conditioned, or 'woken up' and don't know how to reach that next level.
Main topic: Getting the mindset to get past their fears and take action to chase their dreams. Definitely giving a shout out to this forum in the book because this is where I got started.

Rough draft of the first two pages, before the preface and intro:

upload_2015-10-5_23-45-12.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Environment
“Emptiness is the starting point. In order to taste my cup of water, you must first empty your cup. My friend, drop all of your preconceived and fixed ideas to neutral. Do you know why this cup is useful? Because it is empty.”

-Bruce Lee

Project Scottsdale

The view of our balcony was a clear view of what would surpass any high end beach resort: Palm trees, year-round sunshine, a pool with a waterfall, an outdoor clubhouse with a bar and big screen TV, cabanas, and a volleyball court all directly below our third story balcony view.

Our apartment had golf carts that picked us up and took us to some of the most luxurious nightclubs of Scottsdale, Arizona. Still being in the 80s in November, taxi cabs weren’t needed.

If you haven’t been to Scottsdale, it is a hidden gem in the middle of the desert. Hollywood style nightclubs, upscale dining, exotic cars a common sight, and high end living, at the fraction of the cost.

If you wanted to be surrounded by success, you couldn’t ask for a better place.

A six month lease for this luxury living in a three bedroom condo was $1,500 per month, split between myself and two other aspiring entrepreneurs.

While this type of living might sound like the end of my journey, it was far from it. With total living expenses being just above $1,000 per month, it was only the beginning of our ascent.

Six months of building our online businesses, going out to nightclubs, attaining the wisdom of millionaires, and expanding our network was the goal.

How much can we grow in just under six months?

We named our place Project Scottsdale after reading the book The Game by Neil Strauss. Him, and a group of pickup artists rented a place together years ago and they called it Project Hollywood. That experience turned him and his roommates into some of the best pickup artists in the world.

With our goal of becoming some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world, and also surrounding ourselves with success, we found Project Scottsdale to be a fitting name.

Six Months of Success

Contrary to the views from our apartment being a paradise, the inside was far from it. By traditional standards at least...

· Where most people had couches, we put our computer desks to do work.

· Instead of putting up a television to watch, we had a classroom-sized dry erase board on the wall.

· The only television in the entire apartment was not for entertainment. It was hooked up to my laptop as a second monitor to do work on.

· Between the three of us, we had 16 computer screens, three laptops, two tablets, and three computers.

The condo was filled with books, camera equipment for recording online training courses, and only things that would support us with reaching our goal. The people we networked with were a mix of positive-energy social people, millionaires, and others like us pushing full steam ahead on their personal journey to success.

A couple of times, one of our millionaire mentors flew into the city for business and stayed with us for a couple nights at a time. He gave us guidance when we were facing failure, helped us navigate obstacles, and overall gave us a kick in the rear to stop procrastinating and make something of our lives.

And then things started to take off.

By the end of the first month living together, one of my roommates made $12,000 in sales from his online business and was able to quit his 9-5 job, achieving our goals of financial independence.

It’s one thing to read stories of people making lots of money and being very successful, but seeing someone else in my shoes rise up from where I am in life really allowed me to realize that this type of success is possible for any of us.

Not even a month earlier, we used to send each other pictures of Ferraris, talk about the girls we were dating, and dreaming of one day making it ourselves. By the end of the second month, he is now raking in more money in one month than I did in my entire year at my day job.

If he can do it, so can I.

In December alone, he did $45,000 in sales. My other roommate made $20,000 in the first week after releasing a course he created. Inspired and motivated by seeing other normal people, just like myself, get results like this, I began working away to catch up.

By January, the app I created surpassed 60,000 downloads.

After two years of dreaming and feeling stuck, it was Project Scottsdale that brought us together and set us free.

The work done in these six months resulted in over a quarter of a million dollars in revenue, 840,000 app downloads, and the belief…no… the knowing that it has always been possible for all of us.

When the six months of upscale Scottsdale living, and business growth were over, we parted ways. My two roommates moved to Albuquerque New Mexico to continue their mentorship from one of the millionaires that has helped us on our journey, and I left my corporate job to live in Boulder, Colorado for the remainder of the year, living out my dream of making passive income and enjoying life.

…but that’s not where it all started.

The thing that changed us was when we finally chose to let go of the old, and finally make room for the new.

All too often people try to hold on to what was, while trying to bring in what will be…

It doesn’t work like that.

(continued...)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
unedited

You Are What You Eat

Have you ever done heroin?

If you haven’t, it’s actually quite the euphoric drug.

In 2009, I used to live on Long Island, New York where heroin was rising up to be the drug of choice amongst a growing number of young adults.

Four nights a week over the summer, I would walk down to the waterfront and see kids laying around in the park, high with their friends. I often wondered what it would feel like to be in their shoes. From what I’ve heard, you get this warm feeling of euphoria, happiness, and all your worries in the world begin to fade away.

Some people even describe it as “being wrapped in a warm blanket of heaven”.

Standing behind the badge, I got a front row seat to witness both sides of the experience. In the nice part of town, high school and college age people were having the time of their lives, but when I patrolled the streets on the other side of the village, it was a different story.

Up there, I saw what happens when you continue to put this drug into your body.

By the time the paramedics got called out, the junkies that congregated by the homeless shelter were covered with skin infections, their immune systems were destroyed by diseases including HIV, veins have collapsed, and then there were the overdoses.

What do you put into your body?

“You are what you eat.” That is the saying that I’ve heard all my life, and most of us are well aware that the food we eat is what we literally turn into when it fuels our cells long enough.

You see this in everyone from the jelly rolls of the fast food addict to the six pack abs of the health nut. What we put into our body is something we have complete control over. I remember what I looked like when I ate fast food six times a week, and I know how I look now that I haven’t ate fast food in over a year and a half.

I prefer the latter, and it all came from controlling what I put into my body.

But how often do you control what you allow into your mind?

(continued...)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Are you growing or are you dying?

Are you the type of person who curls up in a ball when things start to go wrong, or do you harness that energy and grow into something stronger?

They say if you're not growing, you're dying.

When things start going wrong, some people automatically start running for the nearest lifeboat, and quickly make their way to shore, leaving the sinking ship behind them.

In some cases, it may very well be the best option to jump on that raft, make your way to shore, and get your feet on solid ground before you set sail again. Perhaps this ship isn't the right one for you and it's time to leave it behind and build one that is better.

But for those of us who are committed to this ship, what if the only options aren't simply to sink or swim?

What if, instead of just struggling to stay afloat, we took a deep breath and started looking where the holes are, how they got there, and what you can do right now to start making the repairs.

Because, I've learned first hand before, when you start sinking...this is the very time when you need to hunker down. When you do make those fixes, your and your ship become stronger in the process.

This way, when you set sail once again, you have what it takes to keep pushing forward faster and stronger when you scrape the bottom next time.

And when you really think about it, even if the worst case scenario happens, the shore isn't really that far away. It's close enough to swim your way to safety and rebuild once again.

And regardless of what you do, it sure beats sitting there on a sinking ship, expecting it to repair itself.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Latest writing....Not quite sure where to put this in the book, but it'll come together.

It was 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon, and while most of the country is counting down the minutes until the weekend begins, I was hightailing my Honda CR-V out of the wilderness of Northern Montana franticly searching for the nearest emergency room.

“Next town, 96 miles” the sign read.

911 doesn’t work when the bars on your cell phone are replaced by the words: “No Service”

I step on the accelerator.

The color of my fingertips matched that of the blue skies of the high country and my heartbeat could be felt through my chest over the rumbles of the engine as the speedometer just crossed the 100 miles per hour line.

Please let there be a cop hiding just out of sight for this one time in my life. Maybe he could save me.

Unfortunately, there was nothing but the mountains of Glacier National Park fading into the distance of my rear view mirror and endless fields of wild horses running through the countryside.

On any other day, I would pull over to the side of the road and run after them, camera in hand. But I had other things on my mind today.

Looking at my reflection in the rearview mirror, my face just turned to a dark shade of red and I began feeling a slight burning sensation throughout my body.

My breathing starts to speed up.

What happens when you are breathing in your final breaths?

Unable to drive any further, I pull over to the side of the road, got out of the car and decided to sit on the side of the road, gazing off at the horses running through the wild.

They just looked so…alive and free.

With the car still running, I hear the music from my road trip playlist in the background.

The song playing was “One Day/ Reckoning Song” by The Mojos.

“One day baby, we’ll be old…and think of all the stories we could have told

They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes.

As I sat there, breathing in my last breaths, it wasn’t my life that was flashing through my eyes.

Instead, my mind was filled with the regrets of things I could have done.

· I would never finish this book that I wanted to write.

· I would never build that billion dollar business that helps change the world.

· I would never fall in love, get married, or raise a family.

· I would never be able to live out my dreams of traveling the world.

Did I live a life worth living?

There’s nothing I could do to change that when you’re about to die.

The thought that plagued me the most was that all these things I dreamed of doing were things I could have already done.

Why did I never do them?

I always told myself I would do those things “someday”.

What if that “someday” never comes?

The wild horses are covered by a shadow from the thousands of birds flying in formation over the open fields, living their life without a thought of tomorrow. To them, there is only the moments of today that really matter, and today is all there is.

In these moments, I felt connected to the birds, the horses, and the world around me. For one of the rare moments in my life, I felt completely free.

Free from those doubts, fears, and excuses that plagued my mind.

Those “rules” of the way we’re supposed to do things in life faded away.

Why did I ever listen to the way others wanted me to live my life?

Those thoughts in my mind of all the reasons why I can’t live the life I want to live don’t matter anymore either.

In the end, you’ll only regret the things you didn’t do in this life and those days are counting down fast.

What can you do today to make this a life worth living?

When you are dying, does any of those reasons why you couldn’t do something matter?

Now, as I force in a deep breath and try to regain control, I close my eyes and clear my mind, night begins to fall…with those lyrics playing over and over in my mind:

“One day baby, we’ll be old…

Oh baby, we’ll be old.

And think of all the stories we could have told

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
RAWRRRRRR

Three hours in front of my computer screen, and this is the progress I made....I'm so glad nobody has to pay my be the hour to write this book, because the past few days have been the same as this one.

upload_2015-11-6_16-3-26.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
For six months straight, I never felt tired. Not even once.

Literally.

In June 2014, after years of balancing the corporate world, starting my own business on the side, and living a typical American lifestyle, I needed a change.

Before I made this change, virtually every day was the same:
  • Hit snooze too many times until I realize I wake up 20 minutes before work.
  • Choosing the most wrinkle-free button up and slacks from the pile of laundry on the floor.
  • Cursing at every red light and slow driver because I'm going to be late once again.
  • Since I'm late, I might as well get fast food and Starbucks coffee for breakfast.
  • Getting to work in the morning was always a race against the punch clock.
After the first hour of work, I fall into a mix between a sugar crash from the coffee and food coma from the food. I'm mentally exhausted and drained, and my day didn't even start yet!

Another five sugar-filled coffees from the break room barely got me through the day.

When I was living in this reality, this was normal.

I wasn't the only one living this busy life where I lacked energy, focus, and never seemed to be able to operate with peak performance. Because this was the normal way of life for all of those around me, I thought this was just the way the real world was, and there was no other way.

Then, I made the decision to change.

After two and a half years on this journey, I made the decision to pack my car once again, leave my old life behind and venture off into the unknown.

When my boss offered me a promotion that would lead to a six figure income the following year, I quit my job on the spot.

The following week, I packed up my car, left Scottsdale and drove 13 hours to Boulder, Colorado where I would embark on the next chapter of my journey, and once again transform my life to the next level.

Endless Energy....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The atmosphere of Boulder, Colorado is nothing less than magical.

My new home is nestled next to the admissions office of a Buddhist college and a quarter mile away from Colorado University at Boulder.

A mix of laid back college students, people dressed on orange Buddhist Monk robes, and hippies roamed the streets as if time wasn't an issue and they had nowhere to be.

As I step out of my car into my new home for the next six months, I am taken back by the smell of marijuana smoked openly by the college students and hippies that inhabited the houses next to me.

Then a violin started playing in the backdrop, as if I just stepped inside some Robin Hood era type of village.

The welcoming could not be any more symbolic of this chapter of my life, leaving the busy hustle of the corporate world and life in the city behind.

It's almost as if the energy of the city engulfed me as my stress, worries, and even sense of time melted away to a distant memory of the past.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Everyday was Saturday

This is the chapter of my life where I made up for lost time.

I was woken in the middle of the night to the sounds of deadmou5 and Avicii echoing throughout the neighborhood.

It was 1:30 in the morning on a Wednesday and the college students next door decided to throw a mini-party. Like anyone in my position would do, I get out of bed and knock on their door.

"Hey, I just moved in last week (pointing to my house next to theirs) and ....", I was cut off before I could finish my sentence.

"Sorry man, we didn't realize what time it was, we'll turn it down.", my neighbor replied.

"No no no, I was wondering if I could join you guys. I just moved here from Arizona and I'm looking to meet some new friends." I replied.

At this point, my business was 100% passive, and I didn't have to work.

My apps were making me money around the clock, regardless if I worked or not. The only thing I had to do at this point was watch anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000 get deposited in my bank account at the beginning of each month.

Other than that, my time was free. I was free.

By 3:30 in the morning, we were all on the front patio and two girls were singing some interesting mix of Spanish and folk music while one of them was drumming on the back of a banjo and another playing the guitar.

By four in the morning, our highly-stressed neighbor comes out of his house all jittery, face red, veins popping out of his forehead like he was about to have a brain aneurysm.

We could hear his frustration and sense the onslaught coming before he even got over to us.

Before we could say a thing, it's like a nuclear bomb hit us, "First off....the music was bad enough!!! THEN... no...THEN the drumming...THAT is what pushed me over the edge. Some of us have to be places in the morning.. SHUT UP!!!"

He jaggedly walked back to his house before we had a chance to reply.

"What a buzzkill." Alyssa said before we all started laughing.

We made our way to bed shortly after, and I get woken up by the sounds of the violin and the birds chirping the next morning.

Then something interesting happened.

Despite only getting a couple hours of sleep, I wasn't tired.

I woke up feeling energized and relaxed. In fact, this wasn't the first time I noticed this, and I wasn't the only one.

The next morning, I decide to go for a bike ride up into the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. As I ride down the road, I pass by one of my neighbors who was walking to one of her morning classes.

Just like me, she was full of energy and ready to start her day. We chatted for a bit before she mentioned she was late to class, where we parted ways and I went on my adventure.

At first, I attributed this new sense of energy to my recently acquired lifestyle of being an entrepreneur who makes my own hours.

That definitively contributed to it, but when I noticed others around me living fairly normal lives have this level of energy, there has to be some deeper reason behind why some people seem to be energized throughout the day and others feel like they are ready to go back to bed before the day even starts.

I return from my bike ride along Boulder Canyon Creek around 10:00 and as I'm pulling into the shared driveway right off the back alley entrance to my house, I come face to face with the highly stressed neighbor from the night before.

Almost as if he didn't realize I was one of the people he was yelling at the night before for being too loud, he goes off into another explosion of anger about a cigarette but non the driveway below my balcony.

"OK, I get that marijuana is legal now so I can deal with the neighbors smoking it in their houses, but THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!! Who has the f***ing nerve to leave trash from their DIRTY HABITS on MY DRIVEWAY!"

I don't even smoke.

After assuring him that I hate smoking as much as he does, I said it's probably from the girl on the third floor, and I'll tell her to be more courteous next time.

He rushes off to class, over-stressed and in a hurry.

When I told this story to my other neighbors, that is when those of us who saw the movie The Wolf of Wall Street gave him the nickname "Mad Max" because of his hair trigger temper.

For the ones who didn't see the movie, he was simply "our highly stressed neighbor".

• He always felt in a rush to be somewhere.
  • He took the smallest things in life way too seriously.
  • He found each and every excuse to get frustrated.
  • He never took the time to step back and learn how to break free from this emotional fortress.
And that's when it hit me...

We are, and always have been, in control of how we harness and use our energy. The first step is learning how to control it.

When I return from my bike ride, there's a strange middle aged man standing in my apartment, doing the dishes.

If this was anywhere else, I would have held him at gunpoint until the police showed up.

But I didn't want to risk the chance of having to do the tower of dishes myself, plus this was the magical land of Boulder, Colorado where nothing can go wrong so I said hi and went to put my bike helmet in my room.

It turns out this man’s name is Pini.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Flow State

When you hit it, you can write forever.

Then you hit those times where you try to force something out, and nothing...for days.

Next time I wont set strict deadlines for a book....

Next step - "deconstructing how to get into flow state"

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Next step - "deconstructing how to get into flow state"
I found it easier if I'm answering a natural question from someone. Whenever someone messages me for help on skype or facebook, I use that as a natural flow state for some of my best writings.

I think by doing this, itll be better content for the reader too...as long as it's a common problem.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I found it easier if I'm answering a natural question from someone. Whenever someone messages me for help on skype or facebook, I use that as a natural flow state for some of my best writings.

I think by doing this, itll be better content for the reader too...as long as it's a common problem.
Interesting.

That's part of the reason I post so much in forums, and now just this one. I observe whether it helps people, what resonates, and where people get confused and need clarification.

Pretty much all my posts are explanations that I find myself repeating.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The step-by-step path to success always leads to a viscous collapse.

It's our brain's natural instinct to follow the path of least resistance, and seek immediate pleasure.

Thinking back to the days where our tribal brain evolved, this makes perfect sense. Would you cross the river at the stage 5 rapids, or would you walk downstream a bit and walk through the calm creek where the water is barely above your ankles?

The desire for the path of least resistance is build to keep us alive, but on this journey, it won't help you thrive.

At this stage of my journey, I was just woken up that it's possible for me, and were (and still are) people out there who prey on this psychological exploit so they can make a quick buck off of you.

Which advertisement sounds more enticing?
  1. Get rich quick with this copy and paste formula.
  2. Work hard, fail, alienate your friends and family, fail some more, go broke, keep pushing forward, get lost, confused, and frustrated for months on end...and then one day...maybe one day, you'll be successful.
The truth is that the second one is the way success really works, but people respond to the quick fix. Why? Because those advertisers are marketing to your psychology, and setting you up for long term failure in the process.

This isn't true in just in business. Why do millions of people dish out their hard earned money for the miracle diet pill, only to eat fast food later that night?

This is most easily demonstrated in the pickup community. For those of you not familiar with the pickup community, let me explain. There is a movement out there where men are taught how to pickup women.

Back in 2007, it first became mainstream when the book The Game by Neil Strauss came out. Men of all ages everywhere who struggled with dating their whole life were woken up that they too can have success with women.

But back then, the pickup artist gurus taught these guys what pickup lines to use, they taught them that if they dress extravogantly, they would stand out and attract more women, and all this other scripts to follow in order to get a girl to go home with them that night.

And all of this worked...to an extent.

In the short term, the scripts started to work because they tied into manipulating the girls' psychology, and a lot of men had short term success.

The girls fell for these lines, and they began dating.

While I was too busy following those "get rich quick" formulas in entrepreneurship, my friend James fell for the pickup lines and "formulas" in the pickup artist world.

When following the script, James had some success and within a month, he was dating a girl named Katie.

Katie saw him as funny, charming, charismatic, but her entire perception of him was based on some script he was rehearsing for a month straight.

When he deviated from the script, she began noticing "the real him" come out.

• The perception of charisma went away and brought back his insecurities.
  • The funniness from the rehearsed lines ran out, and he became boring.

And since hundreds of thousands of young men across the country were taught the same tactics and the same script, girls finally caught on to what was happening, and all of them that relied on this crutch was left off worse then when they started.

Because their so called "success" was built off of a flimsy foundation, everything came crashing down.

Game over, right?

Wrong, well for some of them.

There are those guys out there who were so reliant on some external source in order for them to get results, they gave up when the going got tough.
  • The copy and paste formula was gone, so they didn't know what to do.
  • The step by step path was not lit up, so they turned around and gave up.
  • There was finally hard work in front of them, so they went to the path of least resistance..and gave up.
But James was determined to learn from his failures, and build that foundation so he could have success over and over.

Instead of relying on some cheesy pickup lines or script to follow...James decided to build those solid foundations that will lead to lasting success.

He improved his confidence, his charisma, his energy...through hard work, trial and error. He failed a lot and got rejected a lot by girls.

But guess what?

He was learning to become resourceful, and even if some girls reject him, he has what it takes to approach the next girl, and get her attracted to him...by being his natural self.

Building a foundation for long term success.

When my copy-and-paste for formulas in business, which seemed all so easy at the start, gave me some short term success, but left me crashing and burning as well, I decided to build my foundation for long term success.

They say you could give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

I took that a step further. What if you teach a man to teach himself how to fish? It's called resourcefulness. When I teach myself how to learn one thing, I can teach myself how to face any obstacle that is standing in front of me.

How is that for taking full control of your future?

The only way is to take action day in and day out, learning, failing, learning from your failures, adjusting your behaviors and keep pushing forward until you have the reference experiences behind you to go off of.

When you gain those experiences from your failures...that is the moment you crossed the line to taking control of your success.

You are now faced with two options:

1. Search for that step-by-step formula, pickup lines, or miracle diet pill, not realizing that the only reason these things are so popular is because people know how to take advantage of your psychological instinct to follow the path of least resistance that once kept you alive in tribal days. You may have short term success, but one day everything will crash and burn and you'll be back worse off when you started.
  2. Get the experience yourself. Learn by DOing. Fail. Keep pushing forward when you fail. Adjust your behavior. Don't learn how to navigate THIS obstacle, but instead learn the process that will teach you how to navigate ANY obstacle. Build that foundation because when things come crashing down, you know exactly how to pick yourself up much quicker the next time.
Do you want the short-lived quick fix, or do you want to be successful?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
@MJ DeMarco - This might be a little too hippie for you, but take from it what you wish if you're still in the writing stages of your new book.

I found it helpful when I go for a hike in the middle of nature, and I bring with me a notebook (no laptop...no technology), and just sit there with a clear mind for 5 or 10 minutes. At which point, one idea comes to me, which stems to another, to another, and before you know it, I have 20 pages written.

Somehow the technology seems to take away a lot of our inspiration.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Mentorship
Tonight is my formal initiation.

I am getting my first millionaire mentor.

It’s well past sundown and the lodge was located through twists and turns in the industrial part of town. Nothing but dimly lit roads with the occasional flickering of a streetlamp.

I was sworn to secrecy and blindfolded as we got close to the lodge. The only thing that entered my senses was the crumbling of gavel under the white Cadillac Escalade that was taking me to the ceremony.

The car comes to a stop and the driver gets out.

Next, I hear the sound of the garage door to the warehouse get pulled open before we make our way inside.

The driver grabs me by the arm and ushers me through a dimly lit gathering, with a few whispers echoing off the walls, until we reach a room in the back where I can see nothing but the lights of candles radiating off the ceiling.

I stand in the front of the room blindfolded as we wait for the millionaires and billionaires to arrive for the ceremony.

The echoes of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bugatti’s flood the warehouse as they pull in one by one. I can’t see the faces through my blindfold, but through the bottom, I can see these wealthy millionaires dressed in the nicest suits and wearing $100,000 gold watches.

As they hang their jackets on the wall, they began putting on black robes, to make way for the ceremony.

The sacrificial lamb hangs upside down by chains from the rafters in front of me.

I can’t tell you what happened in that room this night, as we were sworn to secrecy, only allowed to release the information with others who carry the mark, tattooed on their ankle, and those who deliver the secret handshake.

But what I can tell you is this...

None of the above actually happens. Mentorship is not some serious formal thing like they make it out to be in the movies. There is no sacrificial lamb, secret handshakes sealed in blood, or anything like that.

What is the whole purpose of mentorship?

(continued...)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What is the whole purpose of mentorship?
That is a great question... btw... I thought you were mentoring millionaires. "How to play poker blind. First step, bet without looking at your cards..." :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
"How to play poker blind. First step, bet without looking at your cards..."
One does not need to look at the cards to know they will win the hand before the game even started... ;)

I sure as hell couldn't win the games when I did look at my cars...so might as well try something else if what you've been doing doesn't work.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
February 2015 - Same But Not The Same

They say that when you write a book like this, your words should resonate with your readers.

To do so, I went back to the beginning. I gave it all away. I left myself with nothing.

I did this so I can experience what the beginning of my journey was like.

I went back, to the time I had nothing. but it wasn’t the same.
  • The same circumstances on the outside.
  • The same numbers in my bank account.
  • Pushing for the same exact life that I once held…

But it wasn’t the same, because I wasn't the same.

Once again, I had no job, no income. I had debt I was forced to pay. Once again I make that leap. Alone and without a home. A world away from the safety and comfort of my “backup plan” without any hope to get back.

Once again I’m immersed in a new chapter of my life with no money, no contacts, and nothing going for me.

But this time I don’t feel stuck.

I have what it takes to break free. I know that my life and my world is expanding. I know that opportunities are abundant.

With everything the same on the outside, it's not the same as it was when I first walked down this path.

I’m a new person in the same body.

No matter what happens on the outside, I am prepared on the inside.

Could this mean that, all along, during all those struggles, during all those frustrations, the only thing that ever was standing in my way was...

Myself?

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
@AndrewNC - I believe that we are our worst enemy. I also believe that we can be our own best friend.

I often struggle with DOING. I know & understand the path that needs to be taken. The vision is clear. It's the pulling the trigger that gets me & I don't understand why that is!

I don't understand what I'm afraid of - because I usually face my fears head on - whether is doing a firewalk or singing/dancing 'She-Bang, She- Bang' - William hung style, wearing a tiara & a pink tank top infront of lunch goers on a busy CBD strip.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I often struggle with DOING. I know & understand the path that needs to be taken. The vision is clear. It's the pulling the trigger that gets me & I don't understand why that is!

I don't understand what I'm afraid of - because I usually face my fears head on - whether is doing a firewalk or singing/dancing 'She-Bang, She- Bang' - William hung style, wearing a tiara & a pink tank top infront of lunch goers on a busy CBD strip.

I'd say the school system breeds us into the problem you mentioned.

Study study study. take tests. study more. take more tests. and it pushes the application of the knowledge into the indefinite future.

It's a habit and habit is only broken by action, not thoughts.

This is what I'm doing with my most recent program from limitless - I'm turning it into a "learn by doing" or "learn by experience" method. When you retrain your mind that DOING is the only way we can truly learn...then that's the only way to do things.

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
It's a habit and habit is only broken by action, not thoughts.

This is what I'm doing with my most recent program from limitless - I'm turning it into a "learn by doing" or "learn by experience" method. When you retrain your mind that DOING is the only way we can truly learn...then that's the only way to do things.

Bad Habits = Bad Results

I have a trainer friend that often says 'No one got fitter just by thinking of running, they have to get up & get moving'.

Thanks for your response.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Right now, February 9th, 2016 marks the most iconic day in the history of the entire universe.
  • There is no more next level because you are already here.
  • There are no such thing as limiting beliefs.
  • The entire universe aligns just the way you command it to.
I am pleased to announce....I have finally discovered the title to the book.

...and it is more awesome than you will ever imagine :D

More to come soon. You are about to learn some things you never knew existed before....

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This title is so powerful and amazing..because..well, it's true...

But also, it sends a clear call to action to the prospective reader, that unleashes their curiosity, causing them to pick it up and read some more.

But by that point, after they read the first sentence...they are already hooked.

No putting the book down from there.

The only possible option when you see the title of this book...is that you will not stop until you read the entire book, put the knowledge to use, and be able to live that type of life you once dreamed of living...because the quality works!

The only thing I'm more confident about than my amazing title...

is my marketing strategy :D

But that shall come on another day.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
ATTENTION: THE MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY THAT IS ABOUT TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS

There is a very grim outlook for the life coaching and personal development industries.

Markets suggest that in early 2016, an event will unfold that will start putting virtually all life coaches and personal development teachers out of business.

This is really good news for anybody out there who is feeling stuck in life and wanting more...because pretty soon, they won't need any outside help to attain all those goals in life they've once been dreaming of.

By the spring of 2016 - you will already have full clarity on your purpose and path. You will already be taking the actions you need to take, and most importantly, you will already be getting the results you once couldn't even dream of.

By early 2017 - the majority of people who were once considering a life coach to help them change will already be far past that change they once wanted to make in their life.

If you want to be a life coach or personal development instructor in the upcoming years, its is seriously time to consider a new profession..BECAUSE...

THIS is the book that will put virtually ALL life coaches out of business.

BECAUSE...

By the time you finish this book - you become the creator of your universe.

By the time you finish this book - you will have full control over every aspect of your human experience.

By the time you finish this book - your life will already be filled with opportunities and abundance.

You will have full control of your life, and you will already be living your dreams..

When you finish reading this book right here -> </sales copy>

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
“When you have nothing left, you have everything you need.”

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What happens if you never take that first step?

Nothing.

The places you'll be tomorrow, are the same as where you are today. Five years from now will look a lot like yesterday.

You see, growing up we have all these fears of breaking free of the comfort zone of our everyday lives, and choosing to do the things that make us happy. We fear chasing our dreams.

It isn't until you hit a rock bottom where things get so bad in you life, that you are forced to make a change.

Those rock bottoms are the best things that happen to us, because those moments are the times in our lives where we stop doing things the old way, and start heading in a new direction, towards the things we really want in this life.

But what if that rock bottom never comes?

You live in a life of comfort.

You don't want to stop out of the comfort zone and take a risk.

But what happens if you never take that risk and chase your dreams?

I don't know? Your life will be pretty much the same.

There will come a point in your life where you now have a decision to make. And when you realize that by NOT changing, you'll eventually one day be living a life of scarcity, mediocrity, and regret...and then one day you're going to die and none of those fears will matter anymore.

If you leave loved ones behind, they will one day die too, and their fears won't matter anymore.

Only the things you DO in this life matter.

When you now think of things this way, the prospect of NOT changing and NOT stepping into the unknown is actually more uncomfortable than staying the same.

And on this journey, the only regret you could ever make, is never to take that first step...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I almost cheated....
You see...my natural writing style is non-fiction, facts, like i'm talking to you. But that's not the feel I'm wanting to go for in this book.

I wanted to take the easy route many times, and the book would have already been published by now....I wanted to stick what was comfortable for me.

But that would be doing a dis-service to the reader.

The way I'm writing the book is not just teaching logical facts - it is putting all my skills I learned over the years to use to not only teach the facts, but allow them to immediately resonate at the deeper level (therefore causing an immediate change in the person who reads it).

Every time I want to 'give up' and switch to the default way, I get a reminder to keep pushing forward.

Thanks Devin for the reminder today...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I really...really...wish I listened to some advice when I reached this point of my journey in June 2014.

The funny part - I was given this advice from my mentors...but I chose not to listen.

June 2014 - Two years into my journey.
upload_2016-4-20_18-16-24.png

Evelio

MarketingLoopholes.com
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 21, 2014
Miami
How's the book coming along? Are you writing it as a fiction book?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.