The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't sell your soul. Invest in "People Currency" instead.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been on the forum (lurking) for 1.5 years now, I am not ready to get too involved right now but I do want to make the commitment to post here once in a while as after a long depression I have discovered the joy of investing in people.

I've come to realize that this life is about people and that money is in fact just a problem that needs to be addressed early in life, but it should not come to the detriment of other people's well being and sanity.

Since technically I am still hired at my current job I cannot share too about what happened to me much for obvious reasons but I do want to express how people in our current global corporate culture (whether they own you or happen to hold the leash somehow) do not care about you, even if you are suffering, losing your mind, your marriage or your kids they (unless they are your friends) do not give a frack about you.

But screw them (the corporate drones) , work on your grind and invest in other (real) people, invest in the afterlife, invest in what you believe in, just like you would invest your money, and at the same time that you are investing your money.

Don't invest in your career for your parents silly, and parents don't push your dreams on to your kids. Let theirs unravel instead because they might be even greater than yours!

Ironically while we have brought down dictatorships through theoretical network packets traveling inside wires underneath the ocean, through simple days we have become very weak and divided as individuals and have opened the door to this idea of a$$ kissing and disloyal competition while promoting and even rewarding greed, jealousy and gossip among ourselves. No it is not the case with every company, some businesses owners are experts in taking care of their people but my general feeling after having several jobs is what I just said.

Anyhow, if you can work solo and start small and progress consistently, I say go for it even if you are creating yourself a job, it is still a step in the right direction and a better vehicle for your journey.

Taking the leap of faith or becoming an undercover fastlaner

Either you stay at your job and work aggressively on your fastlane and sacrifice your mind and health OR you put your back against your wall and grant yourself a few months in survival mode where the best and worst of you will come out and you will witness it in real time, not unlike Ayuwasca. That is a choice you will have to make, traveler.

But understand that the more you have options, the more you will feel the pressure lift off your shoulders.

The more pressure lifts off your shoulders, the better you will feel and you will be able to focus on what's important. Also, care about people but understand that unless they are experts in their field and have achievements to back it up, they probably are just as ignorant as you are on the subject of what you are trying to accomplish.

Okay so I'm free and not doing so bad then what?

So you have persisted and started to see how dumb it is to force yourself to think that it is impossible to make money unless punching a clock and counting your hours.

Once you see that pressure lift off it's time to invest in the real currency, which is people.

I am not talking about how you should stop chasing money and create value etc. You don't need to "have made it" or have an idea to invest in "People Currency", unlike stocks and gold you don't need anything to profit, just invest some here and there through your daily 24h, it will come back I promise especially if you are doing this while broke. Now of course you are already helping people every day, but just try making a conscious effort and you might witness the benefits while you are still lucid about it.

Think about the transcending relationship an 400 year old author shares with his reader through time, think of how many lives Louis Pasteur saved without knowing it still today, even after his death?

How many motivational videos have been watched on youtube inspiring people to get their shit together? Think about it, how powerful is it that quickly-made montage of Muhammad Ali clips with Steve Jobs talking in the background about perseverance can actually influence people to wake up the next day and grow some balls, tell their boss to F*ck off, and go after what they want in life.

The cure to our sick belief systems will shine from the people not the government (all they do is throw money at problems most of the time, because let's face it it is not easy to control the populace and make everyone happy) or the media (tv shows will teach you how to act in your field, the jokes to make, the clothes to wear etc.) and movies will try to brainwash you to become a cop, lawyer whatever ( I am not saying it is bad, just be aware that they are doing it)

How many people did Google help find their way through life today? What is Wikipedia teaching right now?

How cool are Elon Musk and Bill & Melinda Gates for doing what they do even though they don't have to? How awesome is it that in 10-15 years we will get to discover and see on TV/Internet the amazing things that people (people you are not giving a frack about right now even though they share your cubicle) are doing today!

How many young souls (who are NOT your children) have you helped find themselves, get over a breakup, taught a trade?

Forget how many doors you have held and how many tips you have given that is just courtesy you do to make yourself feel like you have done your part. What I wanna know how many people you have chose not to talk behind their back, not to betray, not to distrust unjustly or to humiliate because that made you feel good for 4 seconds or because you tought it was the fastlane to a 10% salary increase.

You can't know for sure, but if like me you are feeling that what you are giving is never enough, then (I) believe that you are on the right path to real freedom (and eternal freedom either through whatever your genes will not pass on that you will leave behind or with the reward of eternal salvation for having lived a life where you have helped as many people as you could) . Your assets as you call them will stay here and rot, or stay here and help people for centuries after your death, depends how you play your cards.

Arrogant maybe, but it's what I think.

Either way you will start reaping the rewards and taste the delicious benefits of, helping people not because you want to show how awesome and better you are, but for the sake of let's call it "investing in a invaluable currency that gives back eternally and unexpectedly".

It's business really, and each day, some of us (myself included of course) chose digital money and our instincts over this currency, how dumb. Verily we are forgetful creatures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
  • Banned

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
I've edited my first post to clarify a few things. So what do you think?

1) Should you invest in people or are most of them not worth the energy to you?
2) What is the relationship that you have with people, do you love/care about them, do you trust them, or do you see them as cattle?

My brother hired someone off of Craigslist to assemble a couple shelves for 50$. I told him I would never would have spent so much time and energy for assembling the shelves. He then said he felt bad and he felt like he should paid the guy more since it took him 4 hours to do everything.

I told him that the deal was for 50$ and both agreed to the terms and delivered what was promised and that he should not feel bad. To make him feel even better (well actually to help him remember the lesson) I told him what if, had he given him double the amount and he somehow learned later that he would have stopped on the way home to drink himself to death or who knows just because he could with that extra money, how would he feel? Seems absurd I know, but you see where I am going with this.

Now it's not about being paranoid. I give altruistically to homeless people knowing that they're going to buy vodka with it. I'm not running a charity, if I were then I would care more about how homeless people spend my money.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.