The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany Meetup Opportunities

Madd

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 24, 2015
Hi guys,
I'm new in the forum and I'm really looking forward to join:)
Besides the meet up I have a special interest about the tax stuff in Germany.
As soon we you earn money from a business (even earned money from feverr, upwork etc.) you have to register a business in Germany, right? And to earn money in other countries, you need a VAT?
I didn't want to create a new thread for that, sorry if this was wrong.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Hi guys,
As soon we you earn money from a business (even earned money from feverr, upwork etc.) you have to register a business in Germany, right? And to earn money in other countries, you need a VAT?

I don't know the exact numbers, but I think you have to register a company after your income surpasses a specific number. But just google it.

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
Don't know if the question is still not answered but generally you have to at least register a business (Gewerbeanmeldung). When your revenue (Umsatz) is below ~17,500 € you can use the German "Kleinunternehmerstatus" which allows you to not take part on the taxes. To simplify that (indicating you are German) I'll write this in German as this is very specific:

Wenn du unter ~17.500 € im Jahr umsetzt, kannst du eine Einzelunternehmung mit Kleinunternehmerstatus anmelden. Das funktioniert entweder beim Gewerbeamt deiner Stadt oder direkt in der Stadtverwaltung - ist von Stadt zu Stadt unterschiedlich - und kostet ca. 20 €. Du bist dann von allen USt.-Richtlinien ausgeschlossen, d.h. du darfst/brauchst in deinen Rechnungen keine Umsatzsteuer berechnen, musst diese nicht abführen, darfst aber auch keine Einkäufe von der Umsatzsteuer absetzen. Außerdem hast du kaum bürokratische Hürden, darfst eine vereinfachte Steuererklärung abgeben (die im Grunde nur ein Anhang deiner privaten ist) und hast noch einige weitere Vorteile.
Du kannst auch mit Kunden anderer Länder Geschäfte führen. Wenn du etwa einem Österreichischen Unternehmer (bzw. Unternehmen) eine Dienstleistung verkaufst, bleibt diese mehrwertsteuerfrei. Diese Regel ist auch anwendbar, wenn du keinen Kleinunternehmerstatus hast. Wie das mit Privatpersonen aus dem Ausland ist, weiß ich leider nicht. Bei Unternehmen, die die USt.-Regeln befolgen, wird die landesübliche USt. berechnet (also 19 % bzw. 7 % deutsche USt.) und abgeführt. Ich schätze, dass du mit einem Kleinunternehmerstatus ebenfalls umsatzsteuerfrei in anderen Ländern operieren kannst - kann mir zumindest keinen Grund vorstellen, warum das nicht funktionieren sollte.

And regarding the topic: I am in and available in the beginning of the next year depending where and when this is exactly. Coming from NRW so Cologne would be a great selection.

Hi guys,

mystery1994

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 5, 2015
belgium
Well, Essen isn't that far from here (belgium). Nice to see people from europe here!

Since i dont have fb, its a possibility to make a whatsapp group together? Send me nr in PM and ill start one.

Piranha22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 26, 2015
Koblenz, Germany
For those that aren't in the FB group: The idea was thrown out that we could host a poker evening. A member said he could host it in Paderborn, not too far from Köln. Sadly noone responded. Don't know if people just didn't like the idea/place or wanted more of a outside meetup.

mystery1994

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 5, 2015
belgium
For those that aren't in the FB group: The idea was thrown out that we could host a poker evening. A member said he could host it in Paderborn, not too far from Köln. Sadly noone responded. Don't know if people just didn't like the idea/place or wanted more of a outside meetup.

Dont like the gambling part, i like calculated risks and for me personally poker isnt one of them. ;-)

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014

Whoops, haven't seen it...

Paderborn would be awesome, it's only two hours away from me :)

I'd be in for a poker game, but wouldn't have a problem with just meeting in a bar or for something to eat.

jeli1st

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 24, 2016
Germany
Hey.. also German here and really new in this forum. I'm from Lake Constance. I would love to meet up with some others!

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
pleasantly surprised to see so many Germans here!
Didn't notice this thread until now (when I was about to create one). Anyone from Stuttgart and surroundings ? ^ ^

stephan_mssgng

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 14, 2016
Germany
Another German here.. Has anything materialised with the German meet up? It seems maybe we need to have a little more structure in the date/time/place proposition, but this thread has seemed to have gone a bit cold.

If people are still interested, I would volunteer to send out a doodle questionnaire so you can fill in a time that suits you, and starting with something small, like a Skype round. Since Im new it would be great to hear where you all are with your business ventures.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I will send out the questionnaire.

locker bleiben!

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
If people are still interested, I would volunteer to send out a doodle questionnaire so you can fill in a time that suits you, and starting with something small, like a Skype round. Since Im new it would be great to hear where you all are with your business ventures.

locker bleiben!

Depends on where in Germany you live?

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
Another German here.. Has anything materialised with the German meet up? It seems maybe we need to have a little more structure in the date/time/place proposition, but this thread has seemed to have gone a bit cold.

locker bleiben!

Not all people want to give details about there buisness models, but it would be actually nice to use Synergy from different people.

Royael

Student of Life
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 22, 2014
I'm currently in Berlin, would love to meet up with other fastlane people!

Bee_Germany

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 25, 2016

locker bleiben!

Hi Stephan, Skype is a great idea. It is location independent, time efficient and easy to set up.

Topics could be:

What do you work on?
What is your experience?
Where do you need help?
What are you interessted in?

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
Thread is "dead" it seems but I will try it anyway.

Did the german meetup happen, you are all skyping etc. ?

Edit: I'm from Bremen by the way.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
I do meet @Seeker every now and then. Location is Braunschweig. Feel free to join us.

Robert Pajor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 13, 2016

Hi, any Idea if this guy from Paderborn is still active? I'm from there myself!

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
@[HASHTAG]#nowhere[/HASHTAG] Braunschweig is not even that far away, nice.
Would love to meet up and enjoy a nice talk with fellow fastlaners!

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Waar woon je precies? Leuven?
Izegem.

If German folks want to meet up somewhere in NRW, I'm sure we can send a Benelux delegation. If we have to move further, well... we'll gladly take the Autobahn ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.