The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've lost my identity as person (Legendary follows...)

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Now think about this for a few minutes: Whatever it is that we love is what we usually end up focusing on all the time. What we focus on usually becomes a habit. A habit repeated over time eventually crystallizes into a final phase that Napoleon Hill refers to as hypnotic rhythm.

The land of hypnotic rhythm is where you’ll find most of society. The drifters. The zombies. The people with no purpose. They mindlessly go to their job everyday like automatic clockwork…an automatic rhythm…hypnotized without even thinking about their greater purpose in life. They’re not bad people, but you’ve made it clear that you don’t want to be one of them.

So take a step away from the noise of life and seriously ask yourself, “What are my strengths that I can offer to the world?”. Everyone has a genius level talent somewhere deep inside of them.

Thats a powerful few paragraphs-You are 100% right. I am in a hypnotic rhythm and drifting in life, re mindlessly going to work and living on autopilot.

"Everyone has a genius level talent somewhere deep inside of them" - You're soo right! Its just about stepping out of the zombie mode and identifying or working on continious improvement to find that level.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Honest answer-Probably not!
I've always been the 'good' guy whos always tries to pacify and please everyone.

Time for this shit to change

You're going to fit in great. We're all misfits here.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I've always been the 'good' guy whos always tries to pacify and please everyone.

I believe it's worthy to say this is your False Self. The co-dependent. Now it's time to find Authentic True Self. Perhaps walking out of the illusions of fear, and finding out the truth about you, the world, and other people. Take off the layers of masks people in society have painted for you. You played the role, acted the part, but never truly reached your full potential.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013

Good.

Realize that the identity you have is not an identity you consciously chose. I know we're all about personal responsibility here, but the truth is that you fell asleep on a boat, spent ten years floating in the sea, woke up and started asking 'where the F*ck am I?'

Grab the nearest plank of wood and row wherever you want.

You are no longer floating.

You are in control.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Good.

Realize that the identity you have is not an identity you consciously chose. I know we're all about personal responsibility here, but the truth is that you fell asleep on a boat, spent ten years floating in the sea, woke up and started asking 'where the F*ck am I?'

You are in control.

Love this.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Vigilante you are a complete and utter... speaker of the god darn truth!!.

I am indeed that guy whos literally wasted the past 10 years of my life looking inwards and going for that quick gratification/fix when I should have been having plans and clearly defined goals to becoming less of an self obsessed a**hole.

Your post and the other contributors telling me how it is/tough love did piss me off of and I am happy it has.

You are right that the foundations of my life does pretty much suck so becoming a more rounded person and working out who the hell I am and imposing from base level of who I want to be should be the first initial step to graduating from mediocrity
Way to take it on the chin and rebound!

Shows you have a core worth saving. Get to it. I can't wait to read your post six months from now.
+1

That's a great start!

You're going to fit in great. We're all misfits here.
Hey, speak for yourself!

(Actually, I 100% agree. This is home when nowhere else would have me and my crazy "go help people and the money will follow" beliefs.)

I know we're all about personal responsibility here, but the truth is that you fell asleep on a boat, spent ten years floating in the sea, woke up and started asking 'where the F*ck am I?'

You are in control.

I love this too.

Just pick a direction you like the look of, and start paddling.

It doesn't matter what direction intially. You can adjust as you go.

Just start paddling and you'll no longer be drifting.

If you had a daughter and she dated a guy like you, would you be smiling about it?

Think about this statement @oimate. It's something I think about all the time.

What kind of man do you want your sons to grow up to be?

Do you want them to beg for a job from someone?

Do you want them to call someone "boss"?

Do you want them to get into debt buying stuff they don't need to please people they don't know?

Do you want their self-worth to be measured by how new their phones are?

Do you want them to be 35 wondering wtf they should do with their lives?

Do you want them to be the man their sons look up to?

I have to be the man I want my sons to grow up to be. If I'm not, then I leave it up to them to work out how to do so.

Imagine you had your baby boy or girl in the palm of your hand looking up at you. You're their rock. You're the leader of the tribe.

What do you want that little man or lady to see when they look up at you?

You've been gifted a life in a time of unprecedented opportunity to help your fellow man.

What will you do with it?

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Way to take it on the chin and rebound!

+1

That's a great start!

Hey, speak for yourself!

(Actually, I 100% agree. This is home when nowhere else would have me and my crazy "go help people and money will come back" beliefs.)

I love this too.

Just pick a direction you like the look of, and start paddling.

It doesn't matter what direction intially. You can adjust as you go.

Just start paddling and you'll no longer be drifting.

Think about this statement @oimate. It's something I think about all the time.

What kind of man do you want your sons to grow up to be? Do you want them to beg for a job from someone? Do you want them to get into debt buying stuff they don't need to please people they don't know? Do you want their self-worth to be measured by how new their phones are? Do you want them to be 35 wondering wtf they should do with their lives? Do you want them to be the man their sons will look up to?

I have to be the man I want my sons to grow up to be. If I'm not, then I leave it up to them to work out how to do so.

Imagine you had your baby boy or girl in the palm of your hand looking up at you. You're their rock. You're the leader of the tribe. What do you want that little man or lady to see when they look at you?

You know guys, I cant thank all of you enough.

After the words of harsh encouragement, I was positive and pro-active from last night and again this morning. Last night, I went to the gym, came home and threw out all the junk food I had in my kitchen, called my dad and spoke to him about his business (which really is just a hobby for him-but his only real interest since retirement-so I bought him into the 21st century and set up facebook and twitter pages and linked these to his website, I also sent him a mailshot I done up on MailCheat(Chimp) and told him to prepare the lists so we can get these sent out.

I took on board some of the advice and you are correct- I am not the kinda guy that i'd want my daughter to date-To be honest I have had this thought rattling around my brain for a month or two now-That off-If I did come across a future partner-what really can I offer them bar a life of mediocracy?

So this morning I deleted my dating site accounts and I fully intend on concentrating on getting out there and meeting new people which can only occur by being proactive.

I have also got in touch with the local toastmasters group which I think will assist me to meet a new type of person as well as assisting with my speaking out and standing up for myself as opposed to just being the inoffensive 'nice guy' (ps I know theres nothing wrong with being a good guy and I dont intend to become a bigger a**hole-just someone with higher standards that I hold myself culpible to. I am away on holiday from next week for 2 weeks so have committed to attending the toastmasters next meeting which occurs on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.

During my 10am break I also searched for local voluntary organisations and by the of today I will have made enquiries.

I am fully aware that this is probably just the 1st wave of enthusiasm (since all you guys took the time out of your lifes to give me words of encouragement) and the bigger challenges are ahead tomorrow, next week/month/year(s) in addition to having not really sat down and wrote down what or who I am/want to be but I believe its a good start.

@Vigilante Your little line "I can't wait to read your post six months from now" is quite motivational and I look forward to being able to post my progression and hopefully become a shining light on this forum for someone who has actually changed their life by demonstrating pro-active mindset and becoming less self-centered is the way ahead.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You know guys, I cant thank all of you enough.

After the words of harsh encouragement, I was positive and pro-active from last night and again this morning. Last night, I went to the gym, came home and threw out all the junk food I had in my kitchen, called my dad and spoke to him about his business (which really is just a hobby for him-but his only real interest since retirement-so I bought him into the 21st century and set up facebook and twitter pages and linked these to his website, I also sent him a mailshot I done up on MailCheat(Chimp) and told him to prepare the lists so we can get these sent out.

I took on board some of the advice and you are correct- I am not the kinda guy that i'd want my daughter to date-To be honest I have had this thought rattling around my brain for a month or two now-That off-If I did come across a future partner-what really can I offer them bar a life of mediocracy?

So this morning I deleted my dating site accounts and I fully intend on concentrating on getting out there and meeting new people which can only occur by being proactive.

I have also got in touch with the local toastmasters group which I think will assist me to meet a new type of person as well as assisting with my speaking out and standing up for myself as opposed to just being the inoffensive 'nice guy' (ps I know theres nothing wrong with being a good guy and I dont intend to become a bigger a**hole-just someone with higher standards that I hold myself culpible to. I am away on holiday from next week for 2 weeks so have committed to attending the toastmasters next meeting which occurs on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.

During my 10am break I also searched for local voluntary organisations and by the of today I will have made enquiries.

I am fully aware that this is probably just the 1st wave of euthanism (since all you guys took the time out of your lifes to give me words of encouragement) and the bigger challenges are ahead tomorrow, next week/month/year(s) in addition to having not really sat down and wrote down what or who I am/want to be but I believe its a good start.

@Vigilante Your little line "I can't wait to read your post six months from now" is quite motivational and I look forward to being able to post my progression and hopefully become a shining light on this forum for someone who has actually changed their life by demonstrating pro-active mindset and becoming less self-centered is the way ahead.

These are great starts. Congrats for doing this.

Since you hit the gym regularly, I'd like to mention that this process you are starting is the same as bodybuilding and physique change. You can eat right and hit the gym 2 or 3 days in a row, but these "events" change nothing. The true results come from the "process" where these events form into a lifestyle-- a daily, automatic and routine part of your identity.

I can't wait to read your post six months from now.

At the end of the day, this whole thing begins like a diet-- it's easy to do it for a few days, even a few weeks, but the real muster comes when you go for months. If you approach it this way and understand this relationship, we will hear from you in six months with legendary progress. If you approach it like the average "I'm on a diet" dude, there will be no post six months from now. And old routines resurfaces supplanted by the old "non-identity" identity.

I wish more folks that come through here would be as open minded as you. Usually these types of posts don't end well.

Good luck.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
These are great starts. Congrats for doing this.

Since you hit the gym regularly, I'd like to mention that this process you are starting is the same as bodybuilding and physique change. You can eat right and hit the gym 2 or 3 days in a row, but these "events" change nothing. The true results come from the "process" where these events form into a lifestyle-- a daily, automatic and routine part of your identity.

At the end of the day, this whole thing begins like a diet-- it's easy to do it for a few days, even a few weeks, but the real muster comes when you go for months. If you approach it this way and understand this relationship, we will hear from you in six months with legendary progress. If you approach it like the average "I'm on a diet" dude, there will be no post six months from now. And old routines resurfaces supplanted by the old "non-identity" identity.

I wish more folks that come through here would be as open minded as you. Usually these types of posts don't end well.

Good luck.

He (and the ones that come after him) are the one you built this place for.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hey guys,

Its almost a month since the last post so thought i'd give a bit of progress as I am going to update regularly with how its going.

So had my holiday to the USA-This has given added incentive as it would be nice just to be able to go where and when I want-As MJ says this is real wealth.

I've consciously began to budget more and credit card debit slowly decreasing- setting a daily realistic budget and any excess I dont spend I'm using to transfer to CC debt.

Went to boss and asked/got a payrise and annual bonus due this month so that should go a long way to paying all the CC and small loan debt i've accrued.

Fastlane wise-I've began reading MJ's book again but with more purpose and making notes as I go along-Listening out more to peoples general life complaints so see what the trend is and if there is a service I can start that will solve some of lifes pain.

Admitably I still have no idea on how or what I'm going to do to move from the sidewalk but I am determined to get there.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey guys,

Its almost a month since the last post so thought i'd give a bit of progress as I am going to update regularly with how its going.

So had my holiday to the USA-This has given added incentive as it would be nice just to be able to go where and when I want-As MJ says this is real wealth.

I've consciously began to budget more and credit card debit slowly decreasing- setting a daily realistic budget and any excess I dont spend I'm using to transfer to CC debt.

Went to boss and asked/got a payrise and annual bonus due this month so that should go a long way to paying all the CC and small loan debt i've accrued.

Fastlane wise-I've began reading MJ's book again but with more purpose and making notes as I go along-Listening out more to peoples general life complaints so see what the trend is and if there is a service I can start that will solve some of lifes pain.

Admitably I still have no idea on how or what I'm going to do to move from the sidewalk but I am determined to get there.
Thanks for the progress update @oimate

That's great progress. Well done. Getting that CC paid off will be a great achievement and worth a pat on the back.

You might want to listen to MJ's book. I found I got different insights when I listened to it, and will do so regularly from now on.

As for helping people, listening for complaints is good. Maybe take it a step further and see if you can get into a habit of helping people and solving problems for them. Just the general mindset of holding the door open for people is a good place to start.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Paying off that debt is such a massive step in the right direction, you have no idea. Do you know how many people quite literally can't get out of the slowlane because of debt?

Debt is leverage, nothing more. Consumer mindset disagrees. You're already breaking out of the mindset.

Stay diligent.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I got a great idea from a speech made by Frank Kern.

Design your perfect day.

What do you want to do every single day for the rest of your life?

Think long and hard about it. Your purpose, what you really want to do with your life will reveal itself if you don't already know.

Then start doing it, piece by piece.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Just looking some people thoughts on a plan I have to get a business up and running relatively quickly. Basically a family member has a small time business that for all intents and purposes is a hobby in the evening as opposed to anything serious. I help out on some of the marketing but reality is shes happy pottering on as it is.

I have however bought a great domain that has reach beyond the specific related equipment-Now my idea(hardly revolutinary I appreciate) is to basically provide a industry/community specific 'social calender' where people can post (for free) events that are occuring. Combined with the specific website there will also be facebook and twitter feeds to assist with this promotion. My idea is to have paid advertisment on this site from industry suppliers of which I already have my 1st 'paid' customer in my family member.

To meet some of the fastlane criteria I am providing a worthwhile service whilst having a semi automated revenue stream.

What are peoples thoughts on such an idea and would anyone have thoughts on what an acceptable paid advert price would be for an interested business?

I am also thinking a basic yet professional website can be done on wordpress at a low cost-Going to research tonight on available plugins etc.

Any thoughts/idea/critisism welcomed.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Quick update on progress-
I've now implimented the above idea and the facebook and twitter accounts are live.

I completed the website last night and it is also live-It probably looks a little amateur as its a free wordpress template with only 4 pages but vitally it has the free interactive calender for people to come on and post their events and this in turn will be uploaded to twitter and facebook pages etc for free.

You may ask why go live when the website may look a little amateur-To a degree, I agree that this is 1st thing people will see and I want to make a good impression but procrastination has been the bane of my life up to now and is a reason so many wanttobemillionaires exist- So just decided to go live and work on it as I go along.

At the end of the day I am trying to validate this idea and to drive traffic to the site by offering free postings.. but ultimately the idea is to get paid advertisers on the site and if a user wanted to ensure their event was the main one people see-they can pay a could of pounds to bump it up.

I have not figured out yet a way to incoporate a map so users can specifically click and see whats happening in their local county/state but its all a work in progress-Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

So in summary-I've made some progress and I'm excited and motivated to see if the idea is validated over the coming weeks and months.. and if not i'll reassess, decide and move onto the next project.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
So 1 week on from my last post and I thought I'd give an update.

After searching for the right wordpress plugin that incoporated a map showing the advertised events combined with site user event submission capabilities, I lumped with the Tockify calender-It doesnt have the map but it has the user event submission. Users can search address to see whats happening in theit area.

It is a little cumbersome but no option offers exactly what I need (which is perhaps a reason to learn code!)

The twitter following is increasing by about 2 a week (not exactly fastlane but progress) and by using 'analytics twitter' I can see that the 'impression and engagement' ratings are quite good.

Facebook is a little slower with about 1 new 'friend' request a week.

The current plan is to do the dogs body work for the next couple of months and continue to add events that I see myself onto the calender in order to build up a broad selection within my niche.

The 1st success for me has been getting ppl following and engaging with me within social media
Next stepping stone is to get the 1st site user to enter their event on my website.

Like most businesses this isnt going to be an overnight success, but I am encouraged and convinced that once I have at least some regular contributors that then I can look at the next stage of the business i.e offering advertisments from companies within the sector.

Onwards and upwards

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Have you tried this plug-in? https://wordpress.org/plugins/comprehensive-google-map-plugin/

You can map multiple markers in a Geo mashup and have info bubbles where you can post the event details. It may not get you 100% of the functionality you're looking for but it seems like a good start.

What other resources are available in the industry to track these events now? Who is your competition or potential competition if they elect to implement a similar solution? Trade mags? Organization calendars?

It's a simple idea but also has low barriers to entry. If someone with a bigger following and more industry connections comes along they might easily put you under. So I'm just thinking about what barriers you could impose to differentiate yourself and have industry players contributing to your success instead of trying to duplicate it.

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Hi all,

Just a semi rant/little bit of self loathing.

I am your normal 35 yr old, sidewalker-mid 30k job, house,friends and decent enough social skills.

I am currently single but quite proactive on a number of dating sites and I can get laid without too much effort.

However, Change is required after my last couple of dates..in particular the last one.

She was quite honestly a knockout and the dream woman, who could quite easily do some modelling and I think we got on pretty well. The date went fine and we've been texting since so I know she didnt think i was a complete tool.

Whilst on the date, we were talking about likes, dislikes and interests, hobbies and life experiences-It was then that I realised that I have no sense of conviction about whom I am, and bar some travelling I done back in my early 20's, I have lived a pretty mundane existance for the past 10 years.

Off course I was able to blurt out how I like to keep fit by going to the gym (and I do) but outside work and a couple of hours in the gym per day, I literally have no real interests or hobbies and worse of all..I dont feel strongly about ANYTHING else in particular..I'VE NO IDENTITY OR CONVICTIONS IN MY LIFE!!.. I even use other peoples misfortunes or behaviours to sneer at when trying to be funny.

Has anyone else experienced this or been there and went about rectifying whom they are as a person?

As I said earlier, I am the classic sidewalker whos literally one paycheck from broke, who has aspirations to make more money but never bloody does.

I would love some thoughts of your thoughts people.
Be sure of that, i am 21 and i have been like you. There are a lot to say honestly but i will gave you some advices. First understand that anything comes from your mind(beliefs create thoughts, thoughts create emotions, emotions create action and action create results). So first you have to change you belief system. Take a paper and write down clear who you are right now and where you want to be. Study your daily choices. Remember that processes create events so you have to change some of the things you are doing now. As MJ say: "look at your conveyor belt". The conveyor belt it moves, and it moves to a result. The stuff you put on it will guide you to a result. Regarding girls, probably the best book on this topic is "The mystery method" written by Erik Markovik. You can find it on Amazon, read it, learn it and practice. Financially i can tell you that if i would red MJ's book 2 years early...for sure i would be now retired. Read as much books as you can, "change your oil daily". The more you learn, the better. Take care my friend!

Cognitivelion

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 6, 2016
# character words
# concepts
# personas
These are usable ideas you can apply to your character with enough devotion.
I always study a word, and a concept for a week.
The words are applied to my character as I learn to understand them.
Example:humble
I practiced being humble for a week kept it in mind when I spoke ,and did things. It became locked into who I am.
Concepts are understanding the way connections are made, and using these to achieve your specific goal.
# tonality concept, a woman, a employer will be more likely to like you all based on the tone of voice you portray.
# tonality control of situation-the more tones you use the easier it will be to be found intesting by the person you are encountering, so you can take home more ladies ;)
Personas are in my own definition a combination of character traits to achieve a purpose.
Every personality trait is made of 2 or more other words such as: Bold=confident, and courageous . Your given an ability with each trait. Bold= the ability to take risks.
So you can take control of a situation and use a bold persona.
You can develop any endless number of personas for your own use.
I call people with control over this characterized.
A concept called mental cognition is the ability to make use of your brain to its highest potential.
X) enjoy yourself but don't forget you control who you become and why you do things is based on who you decide you want to be.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hi All,

Quick progress update-

Website is up and running, but to date it is not getting the required traffic or user engagement that I had hoped for.
The twitter side of things has actually been more 'successful' with some tweets getting 100+ impressions and approx 5 engaged views-i.e user clicks onto website.

The website is totally free for users to post their own events (think craigslist/gumtree) and the premise is that this will continue with revenue coming (further down the line) from paid advertisments.

I am currently researching SEO to make the site easier found on the likes of google etc-The actual website I appreciate is also not the most innovative but its also a work in progress as its the 1st wordpress site that I have made and I am trying to learn as I go along.

Health wise-I have been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and feeling good for it.

Quick question guys-I know I need to start getting up at 6am to perhaps get the cardio out of the way before work- so i have more time available in the evenings- but has anyone any good ideas on getting a daily plan in order for better time management? What I mean by this is, I work 8am-5pm, by the time I get home and to the gym it is 6pm-Leave gym and showered by 7:30pm- By the time I cook and eat its say 8:30pm. If I have other menial things to do by the time I get ready for action its past 9 o clock and energy levels are low- Normally I cannot sleep until past 12 which means I really only get about 6.5 hrs sleep daily.

To make myself accountable to you guys here is my 2016 resolutions!

-Make the website an ongoing 'success'-For me this currently would initially equate to getting 1 unique/return visitor posting their upcoming events daily, then as a sliding scale up the postings to 5+ per day.
-Once the site has been consistently successful in regards to postings and engagement then I will be contacting businesses to advertise on the site and PPC- I know you may ask-why not do this now! Basically with little to no visitors I cant contact businesses and basically lie and tell them i get xxx amount of visitors daily.
- By the middle of 2016 I aim to earn through website and also by selling things on the likes of ebay enough money to cover my rent for the year (just over £6000). Identifying 1 or 2 products and importing from China I sense is most likely going to be the 'simpliest' way.
- Weight wise I am currently 105 kg (16.5 Stone)-Aim is to get down to 90KG (14 Stone). Already committed to hitting the gym and eating the right foods. I have also signed up for an assult course challenge/run early summer and intend on signing up for a couple of 10k runs later today.

Is anyone interested in creating a little motivational competition? What I mean is take for example my £6000 extra revenue goal and each of us committing to earn this by xx date and we can use this thread as an going motivational/accountable/progress report to increase our drive or save us when feeling we cant be arsed and just want to watch netflix :)

Any ideas message here.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a slightly delirious and crazy irishman ha

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
I got a great idea from a speech made by Frank Kern.

Design your perfect day.

What do you want to do every single day for the rest of your life?

Think long and hard about it. Your purpose, what you really want to do with your life will reveal itself if you don't already know.

Then start doing it, piece by piece.

I love this! Check my thread about habits, its about this. Im very curious what you have to say!

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Hi All,

Quick progress update-

Website is up and running, but to date it is not getting the required traffic or user engagement that I had hoped for.
The twitter side of things has actually been more 'successful' with some tweets getting 100+ impressions and approx 5 engaged views-i.e user clicks onto website.

The website is totally free for users to post their own events (think craigslist/gumtree) and the premise is that this will continue with revenue coming (further down the line) from paid advertisments.

I am currently researching SEO to make the site easier found on the likes of google etc-The actual website I appreciate is also not the most innovative but its also a work in progress as its the 1st wordpress site that I have made and I am trying to learn as I go along.

Health wise-I have been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and feeling good for it.

Quick question guys-I know I need to start getting up at 6am to perhaps get the cardio out of the way before work- so i have more time available in the evenings- but has anyone any good ideas on getting a daily plan in order for better time management? What I mean by this is, I work 8am-5pm, by the time I get home and to the gym it is 6pm-Leave gym and showered by 7:30pm- By the time I cook and eat its say 8:30pm. If I have other menial things to do by the time I get ready for action its past 9 o clock and energy levels are low- Normally I cannot sleep until past 12 which means I really only get about 6.5 hrs sleep daily.

To make myself accountable to you guys here is my 2016 resolutions!

-Make the website an ongoing 'success'-For me this currently would initially equate to getting 1 unique/return visitor posting their upcoming events daily, then as a sliding scale up the postings to 5+ per day.
-Once the site has been consistently successful in regards to postings and engagement then I will be contacting businesses to advertise on the site and PPC- I know you may ask-why not do this now! Basically with little to no visitors I cant contact businesses and basically lie and tell them i get xxx amount of visitors daily.
- By the middle of 2016 I aim to earn through website and also by selling things on the likes of ebay enough money to cover my rent for the year (just over £6000). Identifying 1 or 2 products and importing from China I sense is most likely going to be the 'simpliest' way.
- Weight wise I am currently 105 kg (16.5 Stone)-Aim is to get down to 90KG (14 Stone). Already committed to hitting the gym and eating the right foods. I have also signed up for an assult course challenge/run early summer and intend on signing up for a couple of 10k runs later today.

Is anyone interested in creating a little motivational competition? What I mean is take for example my £6000 extra revenue goal and each of us committing to earn this by xx date and we can use this thread as an going motivational/accountable/progress report to increase our drive or save us when feeling we cant be arsed and just want to watch netflix :)

Any ideas message here.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a slightly delirious and crazy irishman ha

Good stuff man

I cant believe how far you came. By reading the first post I thought you didnt REALLY wanted to change but u have showed more than what 90% would do in your situation.

If you keep going you for sure will besuccessful. Keep focussing on your spending, read "the only investment guide you ll ever need" from Andrew Tobias. Its a down to earth straight in your face knowledge on how to live below your means without sacrificing. Delayed gratification in order to have an easier future.

In april Ill start a new company and I dont mind competing with you. Im sure you will lose tho ;), am planning to make at least 500k within 1 year in profits. My goal for first month is 450€ in profit (maybe strange but I always set small goals while thinking big), eventually I want to make 90k-180k profit per month.

Good luck with your work out plans, Im sure u can do it. If u want to lose 15kg within 6 months u should eat much healthier too, cut heavily down on carbs in the first months, no sugar at all, no deepfried stuff, some fat. Then start eating bit more carbs 20-30% and ull see that u wont miss the sugar. Btw I would take 8-9 months to lose 15kg or even a year, its healthiest to lose 500gram max a week which is 3500 calories that u use more than u eat(500 a day).
I was at 108kg 3 years ago, i dropped to 91kg, then 8 months ago I was 97kh after I worked outta home for half a year sitting without working out.. I checked today and am 88kg with a lot more muscle. I lost the last 9 kg in couple months so easily without noticing just by eating healthy and working out - very easy once its a life style.
You already work out so it should be easier to gain muscle which will burn more calories.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Good luck with your work out plans, Im sure u can do it. If u want to lose 15kg within 6 months u should eat much healthier too, cut heavily down on carbs in the first months, no sugar at all, no deepfried stuff, some fat. Then start eating bit more carbs 20-30% and ull see that u wont miss the sugar. Btw I would take 8-9 months to lose 15kg or even a year, its healthiest to lose 500gram max a week which is 3500 calories that u use more than u eat(500 a day).
I was at 108kg 3 years ago, i dropped to 91kg, then 8 months ago I was 97kh after I worked outta home for half a year sitting without working out.. I checked today and am 88kg with a lot more muscle. I lost the last 9 kg in couple months so easily without noticing just by eating healthy and working out - very easy once its a life style.
You already work out so it should be easier to gain muscle which will burn more calories.

Thanks for the message Hyper-When at the gym yesterday I got speaking to one of the instructors who offered me a free personal trainer session-Christ I'm aching today haha. However i'm aching in a good way.

I have been constantly going to the gym for about a year now and much like my life I guess I was on autopilot and not particularly measuring my progress- I had been doing the same machines,classes,excerises etc until last night- As 2016 is thee year of life progress I think I am going to sign up for 2 months personal training and absorb all the info he gives me so I can use this to sculpt and change my body that i've been 'trying' to change for sometime now.

I do know that the biggest key is changing is diet and sleep so with all 3 combined I am 100% certain that even come 6 months time there will be measurable changes.

PS If you accept the making money challenge-Prepare to fail ha

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Thanks for the message Hyper-When at the gym yesterday I got speaking to one of the instructors who offered me a free personal trainer session-Christ I'm aching today haha. However i'm aching in a good way.

I have been constantly going to the gym for about a year now and much like my life I guess I was on autopilot and not particularly measuring my progress- I had been doing the same machines,classes,excerises etc until last night- As 2016 is thee year of life progress I think I am going to sign up for 2 months personal training and absorb all the info he gives me so I can use this to sculpt and change my body that i've been 'trying' to change for sometime now.

I do know that the biggest key is changing is diet and sleep so with all 3 combined I am 100% certain that even come 6 months time there will be measurable changes.

PS If you accept the making money challenge-Prepare to fail ha

Haha that is great. Yea I agree with you, set goals of what u want to achieve while staying happy with what you are already doing.

And also remember that good enough is good enough. Just cardioing 3x a week for 25 minutes makes you healthier than 90% of people.
Of course its good to have higher goals but also realize what u are doing is already great.

Also losing weight is for most part influenced by the food you eat so spend more time focussing on what you eat than at doing the optimal gym routine.
We only have a certain amount on brainpower each day so spend it wisely !

Btw I just started a book on Willpower by a Stanford professor: "the willpower instinct". It also discusses how doing good gives u permission to do bad. It talks about how to have more willpower (works like a muscle) and how most people misunderstand it and even tho sometimes try hard do things counter productive. Could be useful for you because I can tell you are doing a lot, might be smart to understand how you can use your energy best.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Btw I just started a book on Willpower by a Stanford professor: "the willpower instinct". It also discusses how doing good gives u permission to do bad. It talks about how to have more willpower (works like a muscle) and how most people misunderstand it and even tho sometimes try hard do things counter productive. Could be useful for you because I can tell you are doing a lot, might be smart to understand how you can use your energy best.

Thanks for the suggestion-I downloaded it last night and the book is actually really fantastic-I especially love i believe around 36/37 where she creates the picture of what happens during the fight or flight stage and how our body is subscously reacting and preparing our body for action whilst we are focussing on whether to run or not.

Alot of books I have read lately have highlighted the benefits of meditation and controlled breathing with its benefits to increasing focus and willpower etc throughout the day-I am going to start early morning meditation and yoga and stick with it to get me set for the day ahead.

As mentioned earlier (in I believe Andy B's post)-I downloaded the fastlane audio book on amazon and have been listening to it on my commute to work etc (as opposed to mindlessly listening to the latest bieber song ha) and he is so right! Listening to it and MJ speaking does give me at least a very different perspective to the book and makes it seem more 'real' and perhaps even more motivational in the sense that HELL THIS SHIT IS POSSIBLE!!

In fact anything is possible proivided we resist temptation and focus on the goal as opposed to some immediate gratification.

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Thanks for the suggestion-I downloaded it last night and the book is actually really fantastic-I especially love i believe around 36/37 where she creates the picture of what happens during the fight or flight stage and how our body is subscously reacting and preparing our body for action whilst we are focussing on whether to run or not.

Alot of books I have read lately have highlighted the benefits of meditation and controlled breathing with its benefits to increasing focus and willpower etc throughout the day-I am going to start early morning meditation and yoga and stick with it to get me set for the day ahead.

As mentioned earlier (in I believe Andy B's post)-I downloaded the fastlane audio book on amazon and have been listening to it on my commute to work etc (as opposed to mindlessly listening to the latest bieber song ha) and he is so right! Listening to it and MJ speaking does give me at least a very different perspective to the book and makes it seem more 'real' and perhaps even more motivational in the sense that HELL THIS SHIT IS POSSIBLE!!

In fact anything is possible proivided we resist temptation and focus on the goal as opposed to some immediate gratification.

Very cool. Ive stopped reading it because it stressed me out too much, pretty heavy and serious knowledge. I will continue reading once a week as she recommended.

Her page on fight or flight mode was to display that our instincts are also good, having no fear would be awful, having too much self control too, but nowadays most people have too little. The points I got out of the book before I stopped reading are:

(On how to build more willpower)

-exercise, even if its just 5min (I suggest 25-30min cardio hehe)
-meditate daily, after 8 weeks ur prefrontal cortex grows stronger
-have moments of relaxation
-sleep enough
-increase your heartbeat variation by breathing in and out 3 times per minute is according to her the fastest way to create immediate willpower

She also wrote that distractions leads you to give in much quicker, I noticed that yesterday when I thought about eating an icecream, I almost grabbed it when someone asked me a question which distracted me, then I realized this and thought about if I wanted it, I realized that I didnt so I didnt buy jt.

+ that stress is bad because it drains your energy but everybody already knows that.

Because of this book I will start to meditate. Ive already started to wake up at 6 then work out and read copying the self made billionaires

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Hi all,

11 days since my last update.

Well I signed up for the personal trainer and have already had 2 sessions. I have initially signed up for 7 weeks at 2 times a week. The 1st couple of sessions have been hard but great-He isnt killing me but some of the things I am doing I have never felt as much burn in the year I've just been plodding along by myself- (Before someone mentions it-The pain is a good pain and not a long lasting pain;))

One week in and whilst I am not expecting to have the beach bod by March, I am confident that I can 'fastlane' my body into shape by being more specific with my workouts as opposed to my scattergun and dubious body form (when doing any weights) approach. [HASHTAG]#themoobsaregoing[/HASHTAG] lol

Regarding the website, things have slowed down a little and the traffic has tailed off in the past week-I know that I need to work on SEO and building links outside of the website as if I google the business name the website doesnt come up in even the first 6 pages-I know this is also to do with the newness of the website but work does need done on the optimisation side of things.

On a side note-Being a keen forum reader, one does get the impression that importing is the only way people are making money on here..or at least it seems to be the only idea that people have that could make them money! Are we taking the easy way/short cut to achieve $$$ here and missing a trick in the real world or is everyones only real 'fastlane' idea to import a cheap product from China and hope that it is a success?

By no means am I knocking this idea and I'm delighted as a forum we are all taking action but the question is..long term is this not leaving ourselves open to major risks regarding any financial planning or living the true fastlane?

I too am looking for the elusive product that will make my millions but have doubts as to the validity of this idea.

Perhaps I need to re-read the book and specific chapters on how to identify a need to meet.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I want to be seen as a success, someone who excelled at having vast amounts of drive and passion to life. I want to be rich in a cash sense also.

Smells bullshit to me. A reply with no essence or content. Not specific. If you ask 7 billion people right now, almost every single one would reply that they want to be successful or they want lots of money etc. Wanting is easy!
I've been lost just like you for some time and it sucks. Don't be the nice guy who always sacrifices himself to look nice, to be liked, to not get refused or the one who always gets run over.

Be the RIGHT guy, do what is right in every situation/circumstance and then whatever anybody else thinks of you will become quickly irrelevant.

Perhaps this article will help and redirect your focus better:
http://markmanson.net/question
All the best to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads