The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro + Progress + Some Thoughts

OzzieMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 29, 2011
Hey guys,

Some quick intro about yours truly:

My name is Osman, I live in Bahrain and I read MJ's book few years back but never put it to action. I've been "Studying" online marketing since last few years but never made any substantial earning. Jumped from one job to another... "Hoping" that someday I'll crack the code to online wealth and won't need to be doing a job anymore.

Anyhow, 2 months back I got married and one month ago I quit my day job due to problems with management. With no job, bad job market and the responsibilities that come with married life, I had no choice but to put everything i knew about online marketing into action and make myself capable of earning at least bare minimum to survive.

I'm happy to report that in the last one month I made my first $1100 online. I've never made this much amount of money in a span of one month.

$1100 is more than the average job salary in Bahrain. And it makes me really happy and proud of myself that I did this without hustling at any job. Now I've proven it to the naysayers around me that I can do it. More importantly, I have proven MYSELF that i can do it.

My goal for the month of November is to make at least $1600 from my online ventures.

It's high time for me to revisit The Millionaire Fastlane book.

I had reached a point in life where I was starting to become conformable with the whole 9-to-5 job life. But with the recent shakeup and my recent success with making money from my own businesses, my hate for the job life has once again surfaced to the top. I don't see any point in pursuing any job ever again. I feel like doing a job makes you inferior... is it okay to feel this? Its a feeling i struggle with very often. Does being an employee or a self-made business man make you inferior or superior in any way?

And lastly, I'm 29 years old and about to hit 30 next year in May. I feel old already. This could be due to cultural influences. But I'd love to hear from those of you who don't believe age to be a barrier!

~ Osman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MustImprove

Speed Is Good, usually only in the right direction
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,916%
Apr 30, 2013
Hey Osman,

You made a good start there. It's quite a leap, but you have the seed of something going for you. Good.

The one piece of advice I will offer is to redefine your goal(s).

Instead of thinking about how much money you will make, translate that into satisfied customers and/or solved problems. Focus on the value you are delivering, not the cash you are receiving.

For example, you might have made 18 people giggle enough to send you some cash last month. Hey, not bad, but now focus your effort on making 36 people giggle within the next 30 days.

...and remember that you need to work the magic consistently. Build a reliable process. Good luck.

OzzieMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 29, 2011
Hey Osman,

You made a good start there. It's quite a leap, but you have the seed of something going for you. Good.

The one piece of advice I will offer is to redefine your goal(s).

Instead of thinking about how much money you will make, translate that into satisfied customers and/or solved problems. Focus on the value you are delivering, not the cash you are receiving.

For example, you might have made 18 people giggle enough to send you some cash last month. Hey, not bad, but now focus your effort on making 36 people giggle within the next 30 days.

...and remember that you need to work the magic consistently. Build a reliable process. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate that.

Consistency is definitely the key... on that note i must share something here: I keep asking my wife what if I continue to make good earnings from my online business for another 3 months? Would that be enough to justify that i left my job life and would it make u happy? She replies "But you need to have consistency"

It makes me wonder what exactly determines consistency? To me, getting results for 3 months in a row is enough to establish consistency. I ask her how long does it take to establish consistency and she goes blank with a sigh.

I think time will prove that im going in the right direction.

MustImprove

Speed Is Good, usually only in the right direction
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,916%
Apr 30, 2013
To me, getting results for 3 months in a row is enough to establish consistency.
Not if your product/service is seasonal. Careful.

Your wife sounds like a decent check/balance to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OzzieMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 29, 2011
Not if your product/service is seasonal. Careful.

Your wife sounds like a decent check/balance to me.
True that.
And yes, my wife is definitely a big reason behind my success last month. She made me accountable for my spendings and pushed me forward. If it wasn't for her, i wouldn't have come out of my shell where i was living a comfy lazy life.

OzzieMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 29, 2011
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a follow up here:

My goal was to make at least $1600 from online businesses this month in November... but i have fallen short of my goal and made just $186. Technically this month is still not over but I dont expect to generate $1000+ in the next 5 days... so yeah... couldn't reach my goal for this month.

Here are a few reasons why:

- I got a new job at a construction company which requires me to work 10 hours a day. This leaves me with very little time to do anything else.
- A became a bit self-confident and thought I could easily make that $1600 just by launching a info-product. Well I did launch the product but it made few sales.

No excuses though, I will push myself harder and harder and try to attain this goal in December.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...