The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Simple trick to boost conversation rate and client fidelity

Marketing, social media, advertising

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I began doing something by accident recently and it started paying right away. As a new entrepreneur, I got caught early on in the "chasing the Benjamins" mindset. Everyday I was coming up with the latest gimmicks to get more money from my clients and it was a disaster. I felt like a d*ck and it didn't even pay off in the long run.

At some point I became genuinely interested in helping my clients instead of treating them like cash cows and it was a lot of fun. I started ending all my conversations with leads, clients, friends, strangers, etc by: 'Can I help your with anything?" or "can I do something for you" or "let me know if I can be useful in any way". What happened shortly after I started this was amazing. It seems like being genuinely ready to help people and telling them that your are willing to do so makes them feel like they owe you something and that they should pay you back somehow!

Doing this makes me feel amazing on a daily basis. It's like giving a free gift to everyone I talk to and rarely do they claim their "free help offer". Most people I meet know I'm a very busy person and they don't tend to a abuse my willingness to help them for free, but just the fact that I offer it creates an awesome instant relationship with people.

I hope you will try it out, let me know how it plays out for you. And remember, be genuinely interested in helping your clients instead of trying to shove your product/service down their throats.

-

Fred

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

travisl

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 26, 2013
Silicon Valley, California
Good stuff!

One thing that I like to do while responding to email (especially long responses) is record a video rather than write it out. You'll find that it takes about the same amount of time (or less) and you create a great connection with whoever you're responding to.

If you do this within reason, I found that people love it. Especially if you have a service based online biz.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
That's smart. You just record then attach it?

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk

Mazino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 9, 2015
Good stuff!

One thing that I like to do while responding to email (especially long responses) is record a video rather than write it out. You'll find that it takes about the same amount of time (or less) and you create a great connection with whoever you're responding to.

If you do this within reason, I found that people love it. Especially if you have a service based online biz.

That's really clever. It's a brilliant approach if you're trying to build a brand around yourself.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Good stuff!

Just to let you know that I integrated video in my online service following your recommendation!

travisl

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 26, 2013
Silicon Valley, California
Just to let you know that I integrated video in my online service following your recommendation!

That's great!

Would love to know how it goes.

And yeah I just usually upload it to my google drive, make it accessible to anyone with a link, and then link to in in the email.

Takes <30 seconds

Last edited:

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Quick summary. One client complained that he wasn't sure what to do after he signed up to my service. Instead of making a long written explanation, since i want to keep the service as simple as possible, I made a video that's being played when the client signs up.

SK2kev

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 1, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
I began doing something by accident recently and it started paying right away. As a new entrepreneur, I got caught early on in the "chasing the Benjamins" mindset. Everyday I was coming up with the latest gimmicks to get more money from my clients and it was a disaster. I felt like a d*ck and it didn't even pay off in the long run.

At some point I became genuinely interested in helping my clients instead of treating them like cash cows and it was a lot of fun. I started ending all my conversations with leads, clients, friends, strangers, etc by: 'Can I help your with anything?" or "can I do something for you" or "let me know if I can be useful in any way". What happened shortly after I started this was amazing. It seems like being genuinely ready to help people and telling them that your are willing to do so makes them feel like they owe you something and that they should pay you back somehow!

Doing this makes me feel amazing on a daily basis. It's like giving a free gift to everyone I talk to and rarely do they claim their "free help offer". Most people I meet know I'm a very busy person and they don't tend to a abuse my willingness to help them for free, but just the fact that I offer it creates an awesome instant relationship with people.

I hope you will try it out, let me know how it plays out for you. And remember, be genuinely interested in helping your clients instead of trying to shove your product/service down their throats.

-

Fred
I hear you buddy. Being genuinely helpful doesn't take up any more time but does have a huge impact. I end most emails in "Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with ok?" and rarely do people ask, but when they do I always oblige.
We've had customers tell us they feel like they are our only client.
That's exactly what we are going for!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.