The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Richest Indian In America Is Saving The World & Yet You Haven’t Heard Of Him

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
An Indian-American billionaire is trying to change the world in ways most of us can only dream of, and so far, it looks like he's doing one hell of a job.

677111212.JPG

of

819359931.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
Ive heard of him and seen the documentary and have great respect for what hes trying to accomplish. It is a lot easier to change/want to change the world when your net worth has nine zeroes in it. I think 5 hour energy is an interesting concept/product that is more gimmick than not (Im sure it works a little or that most that use it believe in it) to make a fortune like that. Good for him and hes giving back so I approve (like he cares).

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I think 5 hour energy is an interesting concept/product that is more gimmick than not (Im sure it works a little or that most that use it believe in it) to make a fortune like that.
Seems a bit difficult to make a few billion from a gimmick. Yeah it's a supplement so it's not approved by the FDA, but you would think after selling a few (read: 100) million of these few ounce shots someone would have said "hold up, this shit is fraudulent".

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
I said it probably works to a point especially if you believe it works in your own mind. Ive seen the FDA approve questionable things before so their approval/disapproval doesn't mean all that much to me. I never said it was fraudulent either. Their marketing was obviously brilliant and had customers convinced that this product was doing more than it probably was. I have no proof either way, just an observation. I would equate it to basically taking a shot of espresso or something along those line. The energy drink market is huge, no doubting that. Most people don't realize you would get a boost from regular exercise/healthy diet as well. Not knocking him, just even more impressed how he made his billions.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
So geothermal energy extracted with a material they can barely produce? I think the kola borehole is only a mile deep, and is 400-500 degrees at the bottom. Im not a scientist, but i am a skeptic. Even if they do produce a mile long graphene cable, there is going to be heat loss, unless thermodynamics isnt a thing anymore.

This seems like a logistical nightmare. Drilling these boreholes is not cheap, the cable is not cheap, the steam powered turbine that will turn that heat into electricity is not cheap, and ultimately how much power will one of these cables produce?

Meanwhile there are wind turbines, solar panels, nuclear reactors, dams etc that are probably cheaper forms of electricity

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This seems like a logistical nightmare. Drilling these boreholes is not cheap, the cable is not cheap, the steam powered turbine that will turn that heat into electricity is not cheap, and ultimately how much power will one of these cables produce?

Meanwhile there are wind turbines, solar panels, nuclear reactors, dams etc that are probably cheaper forms of electricity

This seems like the same comments Elon Musk must have heard a thousand time. If he had paid them any attention he would be still looking for a project to execute on.

Wind turbines are a blot on the landscape. Solar panels need large areas to operate effectively and only work during the day. Nuclear reactors have a very nasty bi-product. Dam's can only be created in limited locations, often a long way from where the energy is needed.

Iceland produces 25% of the their country's total electricity production through geothermal energy.

I think it's a worthy project to trial. Yes there will be a lot of issues to overcome but hell, if some of us didn't have that sort of spirit and determination we would all still be living in caves wouldn't we?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I said it probably works to a point especially if you believe it works in your own mind. Ive seen the FDA approve questionable things before so their approval/disapproval doesn't mean all that much to me. I never said it was fraudulent either. Their marketing was obviously brilliant and had customers convinced that this product was doing more than it probably was. I have no proof either way, just an observation. I would equate it to basically taking a shot of espresso or something along those line. The energy drink market is huge, no doubting that. Most people don't realize you would get a boost from regular exercise/healthy diet as well. Not knocking him, just even more impressed how he made his billions.

5 Hour Energy is just a mixture of vitamins, minerals, and stimulants that are known to provide increased energy.

There's nothing gimmicky about it. There's also nothing new about the drink.

The reason they caught on is because they were the first to a) make it taste good; and b) realize that people want Red Bull in a shot.

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
I guess I was coming across as harsh or something. I equate it to taking a shot of espresso or similar. I believe they were the first to market an energy shot though and the energy drink craze was in full swing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
This seems like the same comments Elon Musk must have heard a thousand time. If he had paid them any attention he would be still looking for a project to execute on.

Wind turbines are a blot on the landscape. Solar panels need large areas to operate effectively and only work during the day. Nuclear reactors have a very nasty bi-product. Dam's can only be created in limited locations, often a long way from where the energy is needed.

Iceland produces 25% of the their country's total electricity production through geothermal energy.

I think it's a worthy project to trial. Yes there will be a lot of issues to overcome but hell, if some of us didn't have that sort of spirit and determination we would all still be living in caves wouldn't we?

If they can do it cool, but if its going to be more expensive than traditional methods whats the point? I don't use a bidet because toilet paper hurts trees.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
This kind of venture are called "moonshots" in the book "Bold", and yes, Elon Musk's companies are started because his aim was moonshots, and look at where he is now...

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
An Indian-American billionaire is trying to change the world in ways most of us can only dream of, and so far, it looks like he's doing one hell of a job.

677111212.JPG

of

819359931.jpg

This guy is an example to us all. Pure fastlane. No doubt this will be in a late night infomercial in the coming weeks (if not already) where the sidewalkers/slowlaners will lap it up as if its going to change their lifes. Wake up guys!! In reality the only thing this is going to benefit is this Indian Billionaires already bulging bank balance.

As opposed to relying on this product(which indeed might be healthy and good for us) why not try something completely radical guys!!

Hows about getting up at 6am, go to the gym/run, eat a healthy breakfast (say porridge), go to work (Healthy lunch),arrive home 5/6pm, shower,eat (something healthy) and work on your route to fastlane success for the next 5/6 hours as opposed to slumping in front of the TV and watching some chewing gum crap that barely stimulates the mind. Then half 10/11 go to bed and get a good nights sleep. Repeat this for 30 days and see how far you have came as opposed to drinking "5 hour energy' and expecting your bank balance and life to change?

Choice is yours guys but I know which ones going to impact more on my life!

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
Whoever has managed to acquire billions can change the world like this. I don't doubt him.

LynnD5000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 22, 2015
Idaho
I think I would simplify the idea - punch down a few dozen insulated 12 inch pipes that go deep enough to reach where the temperature is about 900 degrees F - run a 1 inch pipe down the center and push water down it - cycle the water to each one so you don't use up all the heat - collect the instant steam they produce to run a steam turbine generator - and then just sell the power to the power company - it's pollution free, the water can be recycled once the steam has done it's work and re-condensed and you don't have to invent a system to monetize it - just use the one that's already there....Not sure of what the startup costs would be but a 1MW Wind Turbine would probably cost the same and doesn't produce 24/7....piece of cake - if someone wanted to fund that one - I could build if for them...and make it work

L

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.