The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
What happened to zen*******? Can't even find his profile with a search on this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
What happened to zen*******? Can't even find his profile with a search on this forum.
He got banned and is now known as DeletedUser2 ;), supposedly because he was lying to people about his experiences / was running a scam. The people who know the details dont want it public. So yeah, who knows if its true or not... Fact is, he was probably shady and now hes gone ;)

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
He got banned and is now known as DeletedUser2 ;), supposedly because he was lying to people about his experiences / was running a scam. The people who know the details dont want it public. So yeah, who knows if its true or not... Fact is, he was probably shady and now hes gone ;)

I thought he was one of those guys that everyone highly looked up to for wisdom / knowledge and he helped people get their fastlane shit together?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I thought he was one of those guys that everyone highly looked up to for wisdom / knowledge and he helped people get their fastlane shit together?
Yea I thought so too. I dont know what happened, but from the limited stuff I heard from the people involved, it wasnt pretty. The stuff he posted is still solid info though.

MEAH

Lost Without A Map
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2015
The people who know the details dont want it public.

thats THE reason it SHOULD be public... to prevent that from happening again.

do you realize how many people here got SEVERELY chastised, flamed, cursed at and called names (even by Mods mind you) for questioning all mighty Zen's "authority" in the first place?

just one of the many threads beating people up for questioning someone's experience or motives

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/zen*******-who-are-you.51229/

Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

do you realize how many people here got SEVERELY chastised, flamed, cursed at and called names (even by Mods mind you) for questioning all mighty Zen's "authority" in the first place?

just one of the many threads beating people up for questioning someone's experience or motives

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/zen*******-who-are-you.51229/
Maybe.

If you check him out on facebook you'll see that a lot of respected members here are still friends with him. I'll take that as a sign that whatever happened wasnt so bad.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

It's in no ones best interest for this to keep coming up. The public does not have a right to know. It's no ones business except for the principles involved.

My .02

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe.

If you check him out on facebook you'll see that a lot of respected members here are still friends with him. I'll take that as a sign that whatever happened wasnt so bad.

FB friends mean nothing.. politically correct collection of people you know. :p

Would be good to know stuff to avoid falling for that stuff. Maybe without mentioning exact names etc..

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Yeah didn't mean to dig that up, I just thought maybe i spelled his name wrong.

:rolleyes:

MEAH

Lost Without A Map
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2015
The public does not have a right to know

Paid INSIDERS don't have a right to know?.. they absolutely 100% deserve nothing less.
If I invest money in something that backs a "Respected" member that later turns out to be a scammer? Where the mods defend this respected member and tell everyone they should trust this member. Then I go ahead and pay that company money to get that backed members advice?

100% YES INSIDERS have that right

FREE visitors don't have a right to know

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Whether fake or real, Whether INSIDERS should know or Whether outsiders should know…. At the end what he shared was solid info… So It doesn’t matter what happened to him. Maybe he was so successful that he bluffed that he is fake.

Knowing from ICK’s thread itself, He was proof that he achieved much of success & owed mr ZEN a lot.

Mindset & Taking actions are universally required for any goals.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Guys, you have 24 hours in a day.

You have X number of brain cells to focus with.

Use those hours and brain cells wisely on high leverage activities. That's what the fastlane is all about. Leverage.

The dolphin event happened in 2014. Would your life change if you found out he was married to the devil? Would your life change if he was married to Jesus? All I care about right now is getting my work in and enjoying my life.

Treat this place like a buffet. Absorb only the advice that resonates with you and build your freedom machine on your own. You don't need a guru to tell you what to do. You have all of the resources that you need(library, Google, forums, meetups). This forum can give you a general road map to the treasure chest, but we must each go in search of our own key.

HarryHunter

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2015
Bloody hell, brilliant thread. Literally read 5 pages, changed my mindset, and now my brain is flooding with lots of brilliant ideas.

Swiss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 6, 2015
So I'm going to start this off by thanking @IceCreamKid and @MJ DeMarco. ICK I wish there was some way I could repay you, MJ other than buying your book and buying a fastlane membership (both of which I just did, still waiting on account update I think). I wanted to thank you as well for making this thread possible. Here is my contribution.

I'm not sure if it was divine intervention, a flux point in the universe, or through sheer dumb luck that this was the first thread I opened on this website. I've never been on Fastlaneforum before, and until Saturday; I’d never even heard of it. A random article I’d been reading pointed the way and here I landed. So this outlook is only influenced by my experiences and what I learned up until this point. I've read nothing else on this site but the 32 pages on this thread.

Initially I didn’t give myself a limit to how long I was going to read this thread, I didn’t see a reason to. By page three I had already decided I only had the weekend to finish the entire thread. I was chomping at the bit, and ready to take action. I wasn't going to wait any longer than the weekend to launch.

I gave myself today (Monday) to analyse and reflect on what I’d read. This is what I've learned, and IF you make it to the end. I know; you will get all the Ice Cream you could ever want.

It starts with love. The whole point in life is to be able to spend it with friends and family. In order to do that we must be able to provide for those we love and for ourselves. That way we can afford the leisure time spent with them. Too many of us get lost on this path. We begin to chase the money. Hoping, and believing that more of it will bring us happiness, That it will bring us love.

Life doesn’t work this way. It may support you for a time, but that time will not be spent pleasantly. With it can come an incredible amount of negativity. Negativity from your boss, your rivals, from unhappy customers, your employees, maybe even your friends and family if you forget they are the whole reason you wanted the money in the first place. Yet, worse than all of these; is the negativity that you could direct toward yourself. This will be the poison that slowly kills you, and if you don’t diagnose and treat it. It could be what ultimately destroys you, but don’t fret my friends.

There is a happier path. In a world untouched by Diabetes, why you may just find your happiness.

When you follow this noticeably chillier path, somethings must be done to remain on it.

Again, it starts with love. You must love unconditionally. It’s something we all struggle with and it’s not an easy shift. The difficulty doesn’t change the fact that it is a necessary change. One that once it has been made. Any challenges faced while making it will appear as a pebble, rather than the mountain they had at first appeared.

Once you choose to take that path of love, you must never stop. The path of love works like one of those nifty flat escalators you see in airports, and in this case it’s running backwards. Moving forward is difficult, most will never even try. Don’t stop, don’t lose your momentum. Help those that you see moving forward, and love those that fall behind.

Love causes us to do funny things. One of those things is to ACTUALLY LISTEN. It’s against the norm and is more impactful than you could possibly imagine. This act of listening, this act of love is what will lead you further down the path to ice cream. The ability to listen, and even more importantly; the fact that you care is where your ideas will come from. Your desire to solve their problems. Everyone has their own, and for each life you improve. For every problem that you solve, there is going to be another problem to take it’s place.

You will never run out of ways to help others. Are you up for the challenge?

COPY! learning it is a must, and no. Not because it helps you sell and make money. Don’t think about copy as being a skill or a tool to get other to buy your product. What if instead, copy was seen as the most effective method in helping you deliver happiness and a better life to those you love.

Ahhhhh…. hopefully you’ve noticed that it’s quite easy to change lanes on this crazy roadtrip of ours. Follow the love and eventually. You’ll get there.

It started, and now it ends with love. It’s been 48 hours since I found this site and I’ve changed in so many ways I’m still discovering them. I wanted to wait until the end of the weekend until I launched and started my path. I couldn’t make it that long. I wasn’t going to hold back anything that could help others. From the simple things, like giving the neighborhood security guard a bottle of cold water, or helping a neighbor and her brother move from their apartment. To the big things like sitting with a friend because he needed one.

I could end it here, But because I love all of you, I’ll go one step farther.

I’ll give you the ONE SECRET to getting all the ice cream you could ever want.

I said in the beginning. Being with your friends and family is the whole point of life, and this remains true.

You have to love them unconditionally, and you do that in one simple way.

By loving yourself.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
great post, thanks! Sometimes it is hard not to chase the money, especially if you are financially broke and need to pay the rent for your flat.

I believe in what you, MJ and many more on here say. And I think that is the only way to get onto the Fastlane, or the only way I want to, because I want to help people with what I do.

The thing is, I'm still working my lame 9-5 because I need to pay my bills. I have to become financially responsible and get my finances together. I would love to quit my job immediately and work on my business all day long, but that would last only one month because my bills wont be paid.

So IMO if you want to truly focus on solving problems and filling needs with your business, you should get rid of the finances factor. If you are like me, and cant really handle money, LEARN TO HANDLE IT. I need to learn to handle it and stop wasting money on bullshit, so that I can purely focus on my business while the money from my 9-5 pays my bills.

I dont know if its just me, but this always being broke feeling often leads to moneychasing IMO.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
ICK: great thread. I really glad I joined the forum after finishing the book. I love your optimistic view and attitude. I tried to PM you, but it didn't work. Do I have to have certain amount of posts or some sort of pre-req?

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I tried to PM you, but it didn't work. Do I have to have certain amount of posts or some sort of pre-req?

In order to PM me you must be able to eat a gallon of ice cream in 2 minutes. Actually, I turned off PM's because I've been too busy with business lately. I bought a new biz and am currently working my booty off scaling it.

I'm also in the process of suing my realtor. I probably should've read Red's book about how not to get screwed by your real estate agent. In retrospect, I ignored some pretty big red flags and got burned for being asleep at the wheel. Life goes on. Just gotta keep pushing forward.

I'll post an update thread one day. When? I have no idea. The process takes months, usually years. My only focus right now is going heavy on product innovation and tweaking the direct response marketing.

Aurora Stano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2015
"The moment you stop caring about money is the moment you start making money".

I don't know how to say thank you. I'm still wondering why I didn't notice before. I joined the forum just few days ago and this is a new world for me. What I understood till now is that the mindset and the desire to give value to others is the key. It's not all about money. Money is just a tool and as all the tools in world is up to us choose if use it in a bad or in a good way.

Thanks again for sharing us.

Aurora Stano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2015

I don't know how to say thank you. I'm still wondering why I didn't notice before. I joined the forum just few days ago and this is a new world for me. What I understood till now is that the mindset and the desire to give value to others is the key. It's not all about money. Money is just a tool and as all the tools in world is up to us choose if use it in a bad or in a good way.

Thanks again for sharing us.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
My friend, what does the last sentence of my first post say and tell me how it resonates with you.

"The mindset is 80% of the game anyway and that’s what I’m trying to teach here."

You have a little voice in the back of your mind telling you you're not good enough. Don't worry, we all have that little voice. The only difference between you and me is that I like ice cream a lot so I spent a lot of time figuring out how to conquer the little voice.

You don't need to be smart to get ice cream.
You don't need to have a network of wealthy friends to get ice cream.
You don't need to be tall and handsome to get ice cream.
You don't need to be a superhero to get ice cream.

You just need to be clever and creative.

Have you read JackEdwards story? The one about how he saved his mom and made millions in his 20's? Dude, the guy overcame some crazy odds and came out on top. Amazing. He has lots of ice cream now. And Cigars.

In the ice cream shop, we don't allow the little voice to tell us what we can't do. When there are bullies and tables blocking the path to the ice cream, we figure out clever ways around the obstacles so that we can get to the ice cream faster.

Expand your mind. Shift your mindset. The ice cream will come and you can celebrate with us in the ice cream shop. There's plenty to go around for all of us.
:hurray::rockon::rockon:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
You’re at a huge high school reunion and 500 students are attending. You chat it up with as many former classmates as you can in order to sell products from your custom t-shirt company. You get TONS of people smiling at you saying, “Yes! I love your idea! I’ll buy one of your custom t-shirts! Just let me know when you got them made and I’ll buy one”. 200 people have given you their support that they will buy. Great!

It’s time to end the reunion so you proceed to walk home because you’re drunk as hell. Everyone waves you goodbye and give you their support, leaving you with visions of Aston Martins and 3 mistresses in your future (reverse the situation for the woman entrepreneurs please!)

You are sitting there with thoughts of a wonderous profit, leaping for joy while all the neighbors are calling the police because of your disturbance of the peace. You start calculating in your head how much money you’re going to make. Sweet!

You spend $2,000 to have all of the custom t-shirts created when suddenly reality brings you down to Earth with a horrible crashing blow! As you call your former classmates to tell them that their t-shirts are ready, 90% of them give you a lame excuse for why they can’t buy anymore.

“I’m out of town.”

“I can’t afford it right now.”

“Call me back later.”

You begin to realize that everyone was full of shit and nobody was true to their word. Damn. Now you’re stuck with $2,000 worth of t-shirts that say “Hardknock University Class of 1971” on the back. It was an expensive lesson, but oh well…you’ll fail better next time.

At the ice cream shop, we accept that failure is part of the process. There is no shortcut. Shoot, we embrace failure because we learn so much from it. Keep failing, guys. The ice cream is abundant for the kings of failure.

A friend or family member saying “that’s great, I’ll buy it!” is very different from a stranger saying “that’s great, let me give you my credit card right now!”.

Get a customer ASAP. Pre-sales are even better.
"Kings Of Failure"... I like that.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I am not a motivational speaker, but I enjoy speaking and I like motivating people. I have a bunch of friends in the offline world that I've been teaching the Dolphin mindset to. It works. I can't listen to motivational stuff anymore...the stuff pisses me off. Mental masturbation is against the law where I live and the police have put me in jail for it a few times. Taking consistent action and getting drunk daily are the only two things allowed in the ice cream shop...zero mental masturbation.

Thank you for the listing the takeaways. #4 is crucial because it is your responsibility to give back to society and leave the world a better place. You are learning well and I sincerely believe that if you take action daily, you will have an ice cream store franchise throughout the UK.
Anyway you could teach us the stuff you learned from zen*******? Particularly in the copywriting world? Lol

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Is that stuff still in the forums or was it removed also?
Some of it has been locked from the public. Some of it still remains. It's very hard to find though because you're no longer allowed to use the search function for his forum name.

Anyway you could teach us the stuff you learned from zen*******? Particularly in the copywriting world? Lol
Nope. I'm only interested in high leverage use of my time right now. I spent a lot of time helping users here and realized months down the road that nobody wanted to put in the work. Waste of my time and theirs. I won't even respond to a PM if the sender hasn't shown that he has taken some kind of action.

If you guys want to really speed up your progress, here's what I recommend:
1. Really focus on investing in yourself.
2. Invest in yourself by investing in a mentor who has faced the same obstacles that you're facing and overcame them.
3. Make sure that you can trust the mentor. Investigate. Ask to speak to his employees, customers, biz partners, and anybody else he can refer. Don't make the idiot move like I did and send thousands of dollars to some guy that you haven't even met in real life without doing proper due diligence.

A mentor can change your life in some phenomenal ways, just make sure that you can trust your mentor first. Your gut feel isn't enough sometimes.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

@jon.a linked to something a while back that still has me reeling from its simplicity:

"Money is proof you helped your fellow man."

If you accept that then you'll see why "chasing money" doesn't even make sense.

AceResponder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 15, 2015
The greatest lesson of all...

LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT.

The hell? This is a @zen******* secret? It is, and let me prove to you why.

When you love others with a genuine heart, you become more present to their feelings which include their pains and needs. You approach them from the position of, “How can I improve this person’s life? How can I add value to this person’s life?” as opposed to, “Where can I get money? COME ON GIVE ME THE MONEY!”.

This is the mindset I see a lot of people have: “The XYZ market is a $50B market and is about to explode 30% within the next 2 years. I’m going to get into that and get a piece of the pie!”. The ice cream shop has the right to refuse service to anyone and does not serve those with that mindset. We only serve ice cream to those who love others and solve their pains. Well, maybe we’ll offer plain vanilla to the 99% who don’t.

Do you think someone will tell you their pains and needs if you genuinely show them that you want to help improve their lives? Or are they more likely to tell you their pains if you approach them from the angle of, “Hey would you buy this product from me? Come on, buy it!”

When you love the hell out of others, you begin building a brand with a noticeable heart. Customers WILL notice this and you will develop a loyal following. They will tell their friends and post it all over Facebook. You notice how In n’ Out Burger has a loyal following of fans? That’s because they show love for their employees and love for their customers by striving to always satisfy everyone’s needs. It’s a hamburger joint with a friggin’ culture. I love it. The employees are always joyful as hell. The company has HEART and SOUL. Compare that to the majority of other fast food joints who are just a cold cash taker.

Sometimes it’s not always about profit. Love others first and the ice cream will come.

I’ve never met zen******* in person but his whole vibe OOZES of love, heart, honor, and integrity. He wants to help you better your life. He doesn’t fear the success of those he mentors. I would trust that guy with a $100,000 personal loan. He obviously doesn’t need my money, but you get my point. I bet you a bunch of people bring him deals and opportunities to partner up simply because of his vibe of love and integrity.

Love others. Drop the greed because it will blind you to opportunities for more ice cream around you. When you harness this mindset for a long enough amount of time, you will see the abundance of possibilities and realize the ice cream is everywhere. Fear and scarcity WILL be replaced by confidence and abundance.

@JackEdwards wasn't lying when he said, "The moment you stop caring about money is the moment you start making money". Respect to you, good sir.

I was looking for some advice on buying (wholesale) and selling things online and that's when I discovered this forum. I started reading few threads and already spent hours on this. Immediately decided to sign up and write to you. What I noticed and love about this forum is people are so excited to share their experiences, failures and success with others so that we all can learn from each other.

Trust me bro after reading what you said, I got emotional because I am actually going though a tough time (the period you mentioned) and the people I was expecting to be with me at a time like this are no where near me. I don't know you all, but still I feel like you people are standing right next to me shouting my name and motivating me to keep on moving. I totally understand your feelings when you said "I’ve never met zen******* in person but his whole vibe OOZES of love, heart, honor, and integrity." because that's exactly what I feel for you.

Also, I was trying to find zen******* threads because I am so excited to read what he is trying to teach, but I couldn't find any. I would appreciate if you can provide me a direct link to any of his thread.

Edit: Oh! nevermind I just found out that zen******* left :(
I just hope his stuff is still on this forum, is it?

Thanks
R.K

Last edited:

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Edit: Oh! nevermind I just found out that zen******* left :(
I just hope his stuff is still on this forum, is it?
I answered this question 2 posts above yours. Please read, brother.

My advice:
-Clearly define what you want.
-Clearly define goals to find out what steps you need to take to get there. Discover the obstacles.
-Find people in real life who have experienced the obstacles in the way and conquered them. Study the systems they used, especially the marketing systems. No need to re-invent the wheel. Increase your probability of success by utilizing what already works and just innovate tiny bits where you can.
-Implement.
-Cut expenses ruthlessly while building your empire...try not to rack up 6-figures of student loan debt if possible.
7657c308be695b1068156fd498d47ab4.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.