The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Hesitant to post this for obvious reasons, but I intend to distance myself from my former persona/life anyway so what's the difference.

I joined the forum 7 years ago at the age of 15. In that time 100s of faceless people have come and gone. 99% of whom have gone back to their mediocre lives to do mediocre things. They will all be forgotten, and already have been. They gave up when it got too hard. Thankfully I never gave up the fight. And neither have you.

Heck, I even thanked MJ directly in my highschool yearbook quote, and a few other big time fastlaners from back in the early days. Thank you teachers, faculty and peers? Nah bro, thank you PhxMJ and company. (that was his old username.. and it will forever be engraved in that book).

Didn't know what the hell I was doing for the most part. I was hooked on Trump's Apprentice and Kiyosaki's books. That was my intro to business 101. It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.

I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.

Fight for your dreams. Turn off the TV NOW, not tomorrow. Do something every day to get you closer to your goals. You get one shot at life. Make it count.

Society creates so many things to distract you from where you want to be. They make you watch rich grown men play ball games, and they tell you you need to buy product xyz in order to have a life worth living. If you aren't where you want to be in life, that garbage is doing nothing but holding you back. F*ck all the noise.

There is no wisdom in the crowd.

Fight, fight, FIGHT. Get it.

Time for a new chapter to be written. :)

I wish the best of success to everyone here. It's out there.. you just gotta seize it.

*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*
Something I wanted to touch on briefly: I remember a thread you had posted a while back regarding making a positive change and ridding yourself of a bad habit. I'm not sure the magnitude of the prior situation, but I truly believe giving it up probably helped you get to where you are now, not likely financially, but more with the strengthening of your mindset. Congrats again, man. Very inspiring.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Luna878

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 3, 2014
I turned 23 today! I wonder where I'd be now if I had come across all this at 15 ...

Great work and thanks for your contributions to the forum. I've been a lurker for a while now and have read some fantastic stuff from you. One day I'd like to give back as much value as I've received from y'all. I'm still figuring it all out but here's to the journey! *raises glass*

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Anyone who read TMF remembers the discussion about the potential energy of being young and rich, the snowball at the top of the hill or the stone at the top of the avalanche.

$1M at 23, the same time most people are graduating college with a net worth of -$20,000-80,000, is a pretty big snowball.

Austin Barton

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 7, 2015
I really congratulate you on your victory of becoming a millionaire! I'm new to the forums but as I year I know you have had your ups and downs so i'm sure you really deserve it! I'm still young i'm 18 and hope to learn a lot from these forums and I hope they can take me as far as they have taken you!

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
Thank you. Now I have the motivation to become a millionaire at age 22. :p

What are your goals now? :)

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Congrats Rich Kid!

I remember a lot of your old posts...

Is your hair still pink?!

Onward and upward!!!!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
*removing pic proof due to creepy PMs.* It has been posted (and so has been proven). Can resend proof to mods if needed*

I'm late to this thread as I just came across it tonight. May I ask what the pic proof was?

D

DeletedUser394

I'm late to this thread as I just came across it tonight. May I ask what the pic proof was?

Screenshot of my current bank statement (dated). It matched the same accounts/bank that I've posted in the past, including the gold thread about saving money to invest, etc.

In retrospect it seemed a tad bit much to divulge, and at the end of the day I have nothing to prove anymore.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Screenshot of my current bank statement (dated). It matched the same accounts/bank that I've posted in the past, including the gold thread about saving money to invest, etc.

In retrospect it seemed a tad bit much to divulge, and at the end of the day I have nothing to prove anymore.

To be honest, I was curious because I remember reading a thread earlier this year about your roommates and getting a small place. So based on that memory and the thread title I actually thought you won the lottery. So I guess you made a large chunk of the money in the last 6 months, or you have been saving and living like a poor person for many years?

D

DeletedUser394

To be honest, I was curious because I remember reading a thread earlier this year about your roommates and getting a small place. So based on that memory and the thread title I actually thought you won the lottery. So I guess you made a large chunk of the money in the last 6 months, or you have been saving and living like a poor person for many years?

I live in a 3br/2ba. It's no mansion but I wouldn't call it small?

Majority of the money was earned over the last 1.5 yrs give or take. But the build up started in 2010-2011, then grew exponentially.

D

DeletedUser394

At the end of the day, just like everything else on the internet, it's reader beware.

I was excited and fired up so I started the thread. Seeing my number was a confidence boost to me, and obviously from this thread you can see that it inspired others as well.

If it changed even 1 person's outlook and turned it more positive, then it was worth it.

Not at all pointing to you bio, but in general I'm getting tired of being rebuffed at every opportunity. Time and again I have posted proof of whatever it was that I was talking about at that time and yet still there's derision each time. So be it :)

Other people's perceptions or opinions do not affect my reality. Thankfully I have the luxury to no longer care either way.

For everyone out there that's still fighting the good fight. Keep going! Haters gonna hate.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Not at all pointing to you bio, but in general I'm getting tired of being rebuffed at every opportunity. Time and again I have posted proof of whatever it was that I was talking about at that time and yet still there's derision each time. So be it :)
Hey @GrumpyCat I'm truly excited for you. I'm excited for the forum. Why not get with MJ, prove whatever you feel you need to prove and then ramp up teaching the secret sauce?

BTW - I used one of your hustling tactics yesterday. Bought a truck to use and flip. Worked brilliantly. Thanks.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
or you have been saving and living like a poor person for many years?

Even if you employed gratuitous MMM tactics, this simply wouldn't be possible to save your way to this sum under normal conditions assuming OP really is only 23 (can't win the game on offense and all that). He must have been using some (many) Fastlane tactics.

If you began working at age 14, which is I think the youngest you can work in the USA (I know he's in Canada, but I'm too lazy to look up their labor laws), that's 9 years of work.

Before 16, you're heavily restricted in hours, I think you can only work 10 hours a week. I'm going to ignore that.

Let's say you get a very nice salary for a teen, $10.00/hr.

$10/hr*50 hours of work a week*52 weeks a year*9years=$234,000.

If you land sweet side hustles that net you an additional $50,000/yr, that's still only $450,000+234,000=$684,000

And that's assuming you didn't have one dime in taxes or expenses, not even occasional food, during that time. In reality, taxes alone would strip you of at least $100K, and Canada is probably more like $200K.

Now, if a year ago a grandparent died and left half a mill or something, that's obviously going to alter the math considerably. But we can't really conduct voir dire on forum posters; we proved that last year with the whole McMentorships thing.

I still think this is fairly noteworthy just because of the timetable it happened in. Even if things didn't add up, the fact is that it *is* possible to become a millionaire at the same time as many peers are contemplating welfare because of the size of their student loans and how little Starbucks is paying out for their Mongolian Studies degree. Hopefully this gets the gears turning.

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Even if you employed gratuitous MMM tactics, this simply wouldn't be possible to save your way to this sum under normal conditions assuming OP really is only 23 (can't win the game on offense and all that).

If you began working at age 14, which is I think the youngest you can work in the USA (I know he's in Canada, but I'm too lazy to look up their labor laws), that's 9 years of work.

Before 16, you're heavily restricted in hours, I think you can only work 10 hours a week. I'm going to ignore that.

Let's say you get a very nice salary for a teen, $10.00/hr.

$10/hr*50 hours of work a week*52 weeks a year*9years=$234,000.

If you land sweet side hustles that net you an additional $50,000/yr, that's still only $450,000+234,000=$684,000

And that's assuming you didn't have one dime in taxes or expenses, not even occasional food, during that time. In reality, taxes alone would strip you of at least $100K, and Canada is probably more like $200K.

Now, if a year ago a grandparent died and left half a mill or something, that's obviously going to alter the math considerably. But we can't really conduct voir dire on forum posters; we proved that last year with the whole McMentorships thing.

I still think this is fairly noteworthy just because of the timetable it happened in. Even if things didn't add up, the fact is that it *is* possible to become a millionaire at the same time as many peers are contemplating welfare because of the size of their student loans and how little StarBucks is paying out for their Mongolian Studies degree. Hopefully this gets the gears turning.
The kid showed a lot of the math over time here. But, you'd really have to dig for it.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK

In essence he did. He hustled and hooked up with some dudes and invested in a festival and made 250k in a week, more or less. Then over the last 1.5 years invested that 250k into a cool million.

Kid has crazy investment savvy. Who wouldn't want those kinds of returns.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Other people's perceptions or opinions do not affect my reality. Thankfully I have the luxury to no longer care either way.

For everyone out there that's still fighting the good fight. Keep going! Haters gonna hate.

I wasn't trying to call you out. Just didn't know what the first photo was. Our opinions can only be based on your posts on this forum as nobody here knows anything else. To me, it just seemed odd that someone with, and I'm guessing, $500k+ in the bank, a few months ago would be slumming it with 3 roommates and complaining (maybe that's too strong of a word). If it were me, at the first sign of not enjoying my living quarters I would be out of there if I could afford it. So that's why I had in my mind that you got your windfall in the past few months. But it's not impossible, because some people will live in a box to opt to save religiously. I just couldn't.

And not saying that you needed a lotto ticket to make millions, but I haven't read anything on here about your businesses and the thread title makes it sound like it was sort of a surprise so that's why that was my initial assumption.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I had the pleasure of meeting GrumpyCat a few days ago for an epic (for me) bike ride. Real great and outstanding guy! I didn't realize you were so young, you have a serious head on your shoulders. This is just the start my friend, the world is yours if you keep it up!

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Tony Hsieh is worth $840M and chooses to live in a 240 sq ft trailer. He owns 4 pairs of shoes.

Do I find Tony Hsieh's lifestyle odd considering his net worth? Absolutely. Do I find GrumpyCat's lifestyle a bit odd? Yes, but who am I to judge? Each individual is unique and has their own reasons for the way in which they choose to live.

Everyone go live your life the way you want. It doesn't matter.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK
Tony Hsieh is worth $840M and chooses to live in a 240 sq ft trailer. He owns 4 pairs of shoes.

Do I find Tony Hsieh's lifestyle odd considering his net worth? Absolutely. Do I find GrumpyCat's lifestyle a bit odd? Yes, but who am I to judge? Each individual is unique and has their own reasons for the way in which they choose to live.

Everyone go live your life the way you want. It doesn't matter.

I think you guys missed the point of Biophases post.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I also have no idea what biz Grumpycat is/was in?? Was this exponential increase in income over the last 12-18 months?

dlpatterson08

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 1, 2015
Tennessee
Great inspiration and points. I'm a little older than you and it's definitely inspiring that there are motivational people younger than me in this world. I was thinking the world was lost but maybe not with people like you! Thanks for sharing your information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastattack03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Dec 15, 2013
Congrats man. Very motivating.

I have to keep hustling to catch up. . :D

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
This post is exactly why I've joined this forum.
People who do it and have done it.
Thanks to all. Every step forward matters. Keep stepping.

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
I'm very introverted. Online is the medium where I choose to express myself. Not a fan of crowds. I would consider attending, but definitely not presenting unfortunately. We'll see.

@GrumpyCat I have met you before and can definitely say that you have the ability to present your story (you did if for me) and most definitely, you have value to add to people's life. Whether you are scared of doing it is another story but if you managed to achieve this millionaire goal that so many people think unreachable, just overcoming this fear of public speaking will be a walk in the park.

Don't think about yourself and how you will feel but think about your public and what you can bring them. I was in the same situation as you are and that helped me a lot.

Go for it, you are definitely capable of doing it and this will increase the value you bring to people and your own value. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.