The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Plan (so far)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Arty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 3, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Even though I've just joined, I reckon now's a better time than ever to put my plan into writing.
I've never written any kind of concise and structured 'plan', so to speak, for anything. I just do things.
But I figured this'd be a great way for me to kind of map out where I want to go.

So, without further ado, and without giving too much away:

My last class is on Monday, and then I have around 3 weeks to study for my university exams.
Following my last exam, which is in early November, I have a 4 month break til classes start next year.

During this time, I'm going to be making some money on websites like 'fiverr' and 'odesk' (Not really sure which one to choose, as there are numerous websites like this. Suggestions?)

I'm a pretty decent writer, and have a few other skills that I could put to good use.
Of course, I'm not afraid of acquiring new skills either, so if I think I could make money by learning a new skill and offering it, I'd be more than happy to do that.
This way, I could provide people with a service for a reasonable price,make a pretty penny or two, and build up a portfolio of sorts if I ever want to do some 'real' freelancing.
I'm pretty certain I can start making money this way once my exams are over, unless I've sorely underestimated the difficulty of doing this.

While I'm doing this, I'm going to be coming up with business ideas that I'll be able to implement next year.

There was a comment in a thread on this forum about the book 'Choose yourself' by James Altucher.
I haven't read the book, but supposedly he says something about thinking up 10 ideas for a business every day. I think that's pretty cool, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.
I'll jot down 10 ideas every single day; good ones and bad ones.
Once I've filled up this little notebook I have, I'm going to look back at all of my ideas, find the ones that I think are the best, and expand on them.
I'm estimating by around march next year, I'll have developed one of these ideas enough to be able to act on it.

I'm aware that this isn't the best of plans, but it's better than what I've been doing up until this point, which is nothing at all.

So that's that.
I'll probably update this in December.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Apillow24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 4, 2015
Sorry i dont know how to reply to people (just got the app) but i think thats pretty awesome what you are doing at 19. I hope ill be able to be like u [emoji2][emoji106]

Arty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 3, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Sorry i dont know how to reply to people (just got the app) but i think thats pretty awesome what you are doing at 19. I hope ill be able to be like u [emoji2][emoji106]
Trust me, I'm not doing much at all; I've only just started.
If you start now, you'll be way better off than me.
Have you read 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' yet?

Last edited:

Apillow24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 4, 2015
If u dont know who he is you should defiantly check him out. Also once im done reading the book im reading right now Ill go look for that book m8, thanks for the suggestion. (Tai Lopez is rich af and hes hela smart too)

Arty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Oct 3, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Update:

So it's been just over two months now, and, staying true to my word, I'm updating this, as it's December.
I can't say I've been religiously following the plan I outlined above; I made a lot of changes. I mean seriously, 10 business ideas PER DAY?! What was I thinking? Ahh, the young mind.
However, that's not to say I've not been doing anything. Far from it.

What I've been doing:

• I started by writing 10 business ideas a day, but that soon proved to be too much. I switched to writing one idea per day, and I feel like I can keep this up for quite a while. I have a notebook full of them.
  • I've been learning how to write copy. I should have started this much earlier, but I'll get there.
  • I've also been getting into shape, slowly but surely.

What my plan is:

• I'm going to learn to copywrite so I can start making some money. My goal for 2016 is to make 100 dollars. Then 100 dollars a week, and finally, 100 dollars a day. When I start making 100 dollars a day, primarily from copywriting, I'll be able to move out of home.
  • Once I've settled into my own place, I'll pick the best business idea I have, and develop it. I'll work on it as much as I can, so I'll be ready to launch it in mid 2017.

So that's it. I have a much better idea of what I'm doing now, as well as how hard this is going to be. But I can't wait.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I started by writing 10 business ideas a day, but that soon proved to be too much. I switched to writing one idea per day, and I feel like I can keep this up for quite a while. I have a notebook full of them.
Some of the successful people that I know have an infinite amount of business ideas. This is not something that should be quantified this way. Once you get good at recognizing business ideas as you look around, the next step is to assess what will make them efficient and good at the time you recognize them.

As you drive through a town you can assess what formed it in the first place. What is keeping it alive? What do people need? What would be a natural product of the town.

While you are out and about. What is exciting people? What are they needing? What would they like to have?

The questions and business ideas can go on forever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.