The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you good at coming up with great branding domain names?

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I and my friend have been working on a new real-estate marketplace startup and are almost finished with the product/coding etc. Have done market research and it seems there is a huge need for it right now in my country, here in Albania so we will be launching here first, but want to remain open for expanding internationally later.

The product is basically a very convenient system for finding real estate properties for renting or in sale. Based on the market research and direct feedback from some real estate companies here, we have added features that currently are not available in this space in Albania and if things go well, will be constantly improving and adding new features to make it the go-to place for buying and selling properties online. Think about it as a new AirBnB with a different approach.

However as we are approaching the date to be ready to launch the initial version, we still haven't decided on a domain and brand name. We have come up with many names but none that is really satisfying. The basic requirements are that:
1) must be related to real estate or selling properties
2) it must be short and memorable
3) must be brandable (an example is Agna Group which is a brand here in Albania - I love it).
4) think about it as if we are presenting the product in front of 30 investors - so the name must sound nice and serious. For example in this regard, "AirBnB" is great.

We have been trying to find some good names in the last 2 days buy none seems to be really satisfying.
I would really appreciate if anyone can help suggest any good domain+brand name for a real estate marketplace and would be happy to send you a tip via paypal if we choose your suggestion.
I usually can come up with great ideas for other people (and I once won a small tip in this forum for a Dog Food brand name I suggested), but right now I feel stuck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
BalkanBox.com - allows for expansion into the surrounding countries.

(whoops someone has it)

Thegreatgezuar.com or GoGezuar.com

Gezuar means 'cheers' in Albanian...
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gëzuar

Last edited:
G

Guest34764

PoA?Properties of Albania?Easy to say and kinda just rolls off the tongue.The domain hasn't been taken

Lohi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 10, 2015
Croatia
Albanesë.com or whatever other .xx you need .com seems free

banesë
- dwelling place, dwelling, house, habitation, residence, home

Dont know if it is the right translation but i hope it helps

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1) Thegreatgezuar.com and GoGezuar.com are long and not really related to our product.

2) you mean PropertiesOfAlbania.com ? it's too long. Plus we need to remain open for expanding internationally later because the product will be very flexible to be used in any country, so having "Albania" in the name, isn't a good idea.

3) Albanesë.com - again, the product will be initially launched for Albania but needs to be able to expand and establish a global brand. Besides, having a non-standard character "ë" in the domain would make it harder for people to type in or spell. We spell "e" and "ë" almost the same.

We have thought literally hundreds of different combinations so far and some that I like more are AltoRent.com , CenoRent.com although I still feel something is missing there so don't really like them too much.

My business partner and I are pulling our hair out with this and if we don't find a good name soon, we may go bald ;)

G

Guest3722A

Here's my crazy angle - I think this idea may also satisfy a USP. (Keep in mind I don't know the culture out there but what the hell)

For local: albrainia.com The message is that someone would be uninformed for not using your service.

If you can build this brand local first & Im willing to bet you could work it into other countries.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I personally don't like brand and domain names with the vertical in the name. It's hard to pivot later (and it's worth assuming you will) and it's harder to defend online via paid search.

E.g. BetterCarInsurance would suck because everyone would bid on words in your brand name (car insurance).

The best known insurance brand and domain in Ireland is 123.ie. Short, memorable, flexible, and easy to defend (you can't put that into your ad and claim you're NOT hijacking their branded searches).

Just my 2c

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Albrainia.com lol actually that's a crazy angle, I never thought of that. My business partner didn't quite like it though so we are still considering options ;)

@Andy Black that's an interesting way to think about it, I like that. We even have 123.al here in Albania which is a very successful brand. I would say also GoDaddy.com has a similar philosophy behind their name. Will definitely take this into consideration. Thanks!

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Outania.com - Albania and Beyond.

I'll take a 1% royalty, thank you! ;).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Godaddy, crazyegg. Two common words shoved together.

Big online/tech ones we all know of that allow them to pivot are Google, Amazon, Apple, Yahoo.

Apple cars? Maybe one day eh?

Groupon is unfortunate imo if you're no longer doing group coupons.

I looked through all the available 6 letter .com names and found one I liked for an idea I have on the back burner. It only took 20 mins...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I personally don't like brand and domain names with the vertical in the name. It's hard to pivot later (and it's worth assuming you will) and it's harder to defend online via paid search.

This guy knows what he's talking about. I'd take his advice. Except for groupon. IMO, if your title suggests a domain that's big enough (i.e., everything with pets) it's fine. If you're going to pivot from cat food to wildcatting for petroleum, better just to six the company and found another one IMO.

Also, don't be afraid to hit up SEDO et. al. A well executed fastlane is worth millions; it's not unreasonable that the launching point might be a domain that costs $5000 and not $7.99.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
homehysteria.com
propertyexchange.com
propertybazaar.com
amityproperty.com
handshakehousing.com

Have not checked if any are available or not, tried to incorporate a homely feel of starting small (Albania) with something that will scale and appeal to more. Something to keep in mind. Good luck!

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
A idea I'm working on I decided on RepairMePC.com as in Australia the word "my" can be exchanged for "Me" in Aussie slang.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I remember when I first started using AWeber. I thought WTF is AWeber? Hahaha.

Mail + Chimp = MailCheat(Chimp).

Blue + Host = BlueHost.

Shop + ify = Shopify.

Spending just a little time to investigate the brand names we hear all the time is actually interesting.

@smarty Sorry man I couldn't think of anything. If something comes to mind I'll post it, though.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It took me 30 seconds just now to get a random 6 letter name that looks ok and sounds ok from this website:

Here's the domain name:
1liONXY.png

Six months ago I found a great 6 letter .com that sounded good and looked good. I bought it and am building a brand around it.

Don't get me wrong. I also like the niche specific domain names for websites, but that's just to help get a good CTR for an AdWords paid search ad.

E.g. dublinblacksmith.com

Except you'd also be able to have a display URL of dublinblacksmith.teveko.com since that fits into the allowable 35 characters.

Here's some posts that might help you decide what to do:

Basically, don't get too precious about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
It took me 30 seconds just now to get a random 6 letter name that looks ok and sounds ok from this website:

Here's the domain name:
1liONXY.png

Six months ago I found a great 6 letter .com that sounded good and looked good. I bought it and am building a brand around it.

Don't get me wrong. I also like the niche specific domain names for websites, but that's just to help get a good CTR for an AdWords paid search ad.

E.g. dublinblacksmith.com

Except you'd also be able to have a display URL of dublinblacksmith.teveko.com since that fits into the allowable 35 characters.

Here's some posts that might help you decide what to do:

Basically, don't get too precious about it.

I had tried a string generator just like that few days ago until I got bored of clicking and not receiving any good result lol.
Teveko.com seems nice but my business partner didn't like it and few days later we came up with another name which is... www.uaibo.com so we bought the domain and are setting up last things with the product. Many people we asked liked it and seemed to remember that name even when we asked them later.

What do you think of uaibo.com? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I had tried a string generator just like that few days ago until I got bored of clicking and not receiving any good result lol.
Teveko.com seems nice but my business partner didn't like it and few days later we came up with another name which is... www.uaibo.com so we bought the domain and are setting up last things with the product. Many people we asked liked it and seemed to remember that name even when we asked them later.

What do you think of uaibo.com? ;)
I think it's great to pick something short and move onto your next task.

G

Guest3722A

Here's my crazy angle - I think this idea may also satisfy a USP. (Keep in mind I don't know the culture out there but what the hell)

For local: albrainia.com The message is that someone would be uninformed for not using your service.

If you can build this brand local first & Im willing to bet you could work it into other countries.
@smarty - Did you by chance buy this domain? Someone did. heh

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
@smarty - Did you by chance buy this domain? Someone did. heh

Oops, no I didn't get that domain.
We decided to go with the name UAIBO and we launched the initial product on December 25, just a week ago and are still improving every day ;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.